IGNORED

How many (or few) people will actually make it to heaven?

alisonm328

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/28/1989

Since Jesus said "make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to" I wonder too much about the "church" and how somewhere around a third of the world's population, don't quote me on that, claims to be Christian. (this includes catholics) But according to our authority, entrance into heaven will be few. I cant help but fear being denied entrance when that day comes. Without counting the population throughout history, so only considering the Christian population now, a THIRD of the world couldn't be a "few" right?! If Jesus returned tomorrow to take his chosen home, would all of us claiming we're Christian be going with him? It can't be! So what kind or type of Christian will actually make it to heaven? Which kinds will not make it? Why not? I don't get it. How do I figure out what church or what denomination I should join and become involved with? When I don't know all the answers? And what if there's not a single denomination or 'unaffiliated' church that has everything right? What if every Church has at least one belief/view/principle of God/Jesus distorted???

Luke 13:24 is the verse I quoted above in case anyone is wondering.

Edited by alisonm328

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

In revelation we are told of a great multitude from every tribe and nation.  So there will be many, perhaps based on the total number of people over the entire course of time it will still be a small percentage, but yet a large number all the same.

In revelation we are told of a great multitude from every tribe and nation. So there will be many, perhaps based on the total number of people over the entire course of time it will still be a small percentage, but yet a large number all the same.

I hope so!

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

I don't know.Only God knows the heart.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

That would be fine with me if it meant the entire population since Adam and Eve.  Then "narrow is the parth to Heaven & wide is the road to distruction" would fit in better.  Overall many, but at any given time, few. 

And dear alisonm328, if you are born again, you are going to Heaven.  Fear not.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

Matthew 15:18-19 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and they defile a man. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies.

Have a conversation with somebody and see what proceeds out of their mouths and you will know what is in their hearts. Ask them about the 57 million abortions this country has since 1976. You will know their heart on murder. Ask them about homosexuality and you will know their heart on evil thoughts and abominations.

Matthew 12:36-37 But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

Jesus told us how he judges the heart by a their stance on sin.

I hear that all the time...when somebody dies....you don't know their heart. If they are in an adultery or fornication relationship when they die....and get killed instantly....you know their heart.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

Since Jesus said "make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to" I wonder too much about the "church" and how somewhere around a third of the world's population, don't quote me on that, claims to be Christian. (this includes catholics) But according to our authority, entrance into heaven will be few. I cant help but fear being denied entrance when that day comes. Without counting the population throughout history, so only considering the Christian population now, a THIRD of the world couldn't be a "few" right?! If Jesus returned tomorrow to take his chosen home, would all of us claiming we're Christian be going with him? It can't be! So what kind or type of Christian will actually make it to heaven? Which kinds will not make it? Why not? I don't get it. How do I figure out what church or what denomination I should join and become involved with? When I don't know all the answers? And what if there's not a single denomination or 'unaffiliated' church that has everything....

Mormon Joe Smith claimed all denominations were wrong, and the Watchtower's publications are always pre-occupied with the number of people entering heaven.

I don't believe either group has any assurance of their own salvation.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Not my call