tsth

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

You would not believe the opposition. I have to use Crosswalk to post Scripture passages. Today, I encountered terrible problems with that site, and the passages took forever to pull up. It took me 2 hours to post that.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

Suzanne,

Outstanding post and right-on! :thumbsup: I'd like to add one more scripture that seems to drive the point home as well.

See below:

2 Timothy 3:1-9

1 But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, 4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!

Woe to them.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Truth of the matter is that the wrath of God is being revealed through the lawlessness that the people desire. That lawlessness will become manifest in a people and in a man. He will be the man of lawlessness. He will be fierce!

In His Truth,

Suzanne

• Thumbs Up 1

Great Post tsh,

She claims to be the queen...the Bride of the King...but the church is false.  It is time for believers to depart.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The "Church" is the true Body of Christ. Let us not consume ourselves like a cancer and destroy the Body. Christ loves the Church deeply and treasures her as a Bride. The Church is infiltrated as the tares scattered in the field.

The field is not destroyed but the harvest is permitted; in due time, Christ will separate the wheat from the chaff.

Eph 5:25 Husbands,  love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave  Himself up for her, 26 so that He might sanctify her, having cleansed  her by the washing  of water with the  word, 27 that He might present to Himself the church in  all her glory, having no spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that she would be holy and blameless.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Katy, I kinda think of those as the "tares" Jesus spoke of.....(the "pew sitters". LOL)

Katy, I honestly hate the sin but I still love those pitiful tares because there's still HOPE they'll repent.

I've made up my mind to just love 'em all.....the wicked and the true believer alike.

My earnest hope is I can be a light pointing to Christ and be patient with them, that they might see Christ in me and seek His face.

I have to love even the tares...God can take a tare and turn it into wheat; He can take clay and turn it into a lovely vessel.

"The greatest of these is love...."

• Thumbs Up 1

Katy, I kinda think of those as the "tares" Jesus spoke of.....(the "pew sitters". LOL)

Katy, I honestly hate the sin but I still love those pitiful tares because there's still HOPE they'll repent.

I've made up my mind to just love 'em all.....the wicked and the true believer alike.

My earnest hope is I can be a light pointing to Christ and be patient with them, that they might see Christ in me and seek His face.

I have to love even the tares...God can take a tare and turn it into wheat; He can take clay and turn it into a lovely vessel.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, He can Cats, but that vessel must FIRST recognize what type of vessel he/she is, and what to do about it.

2 Timothy 2

19 But God's firm foundation stands, bearing this inscription: "The Lord knows those who are his," and, "Let everyone who calls on the name of the Lord turn away from wickedness." 20 In a large house there are utensils not only of gold and silver but also of wood and clay, some for special use, some for ordinary. 21 All who cleanse themselves of the things I have mentioned will become special utensils, dedicated and useful to the owner of the house, ready for every good work.

22 Shun youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart.

In His Love,

Suzanne

Edited by tsth
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 Timothy 3:

1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, 7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. 9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was. 10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience, 11 Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me. 12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. 13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. 14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; 15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Notice the part where Paul said they would have a form of godliness, but deny the power thereof

2 Timothy 2:

16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness. 17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus; 18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some. 19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work. 22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart. 23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes. 24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Jude 1:

17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ; 18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts. 19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit. 20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, 21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. 22 And of some have compassion, making a difference: 23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh. 24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

:wub:

He knows us that are his and will keep us!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, He can Cats, but that vessel must FIRST recognize what type of vessel he/she is, and what to do about it.

2 Timothy 2

19 But God's firm foundation stands, bearing this inscription: "The Lord knows those who are his," and, "Let everyone who calls on the name of the Lord turn away from wickedness." 20 In a large house there are utensils not only of gold and silver but also of wood and clay, some for special use, some for ordinary. 21 All who cleanse themselves of the things I have mentioned will become special utensils, dedicated and useful to the owner of the house, ready for every good work.

22 Shun youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart.

In His Love,

Suzanne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dear Tanner,

We must be on the same pages! :wub:

In His Love,

Suzanne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

2 Timothy 2

In His Love,

Suzanne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dear Tanner,

We must be on the same pages! :wub:

In His Love,

Suzanne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amen Sister and again I say AMEN!

James 1:

6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. 7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. 8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways. 9 Let the brother of low degree rejoice in that he is exalted: 10 But the rich, in that he is made low: because as the flower of the grass he shall pass away. 11 For the sun is no sooner risen with a burning heat, but it withereth the grass, and the flower thereof falleth, and the grace of the fashion of it perisheth: so also shall the rich man fade away in his ways. 12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him. 13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: 14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. 15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. 16 Do not err, my beloved brethren. 17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. 18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

Edited by tanner