• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/16/1985

Hi are doing visualizations bad?If so why?Can you quote to me in the bible where its bad.thank you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

I moved your thread here.  The Seeker Lounge is where those who are truly seeking God to ask questions, but have not yet accepted Christ.  Every post is hidden until a Servant approves it, including the OP.  Here, you can get advice quicker.

Perhaps, for clarity, you can explain what you mean by "visualizations".

Hi are doing visualizations bad....

If so why....

Can you quote to me in the bible where its bad....

:thumbsup:

Meditations

But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalms 1:2

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. Psalms 19:14

And Visions

And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God,I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: Acts 2:17-18

Seen To Point To Jesus

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. Psalms 42:1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

Sometimes old testament prophets were called seers because the discribed what they saw.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

If the visualizations are an attempt to manipulate reality, then that would fall under the heading of witchcraft and divination, which is seeking a power outside of God to perform your will.....or worse yet thinking that by your actions you can manipulate God.

If your just thinking about bunnies and meadows...no problems

Leviticus 19:26
‘You shall not eat anything with the blood, nor shall you practice divination or soothsaying.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  2

Visualizations -

"To think of or meditate on scenes or a scene of tranquility."

Recommended in scripture Philippians 4:8,9. We are advised to think on good things.

Titus 1:14 - 16. Purity of thought is relative to who we are.

God has made us with a wonderful imagination which was designed to help us to be creative like He is.

On the other hand the imagination of the wicked is evil continuously. Genesis 6:5.

Which false imagination can be cast down by the new life that God is to us. II Corinthians 10:3-7.

The false imaginations/visualizations are to improve ones image, see verse 7. In the hope for power and gain. 

The good imaginations/visualizations are those that bring obedience/faith in God. Such as the contents of the Bible, nature, goodness, charity, creativity, honest work, improving opportunities, thinking how to be of more benefit to those around us, as you already do.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

Visualizations -

"To think of or meditate on scenes or a scene of tranquility."

Recommended in scripture Philippians 4:8,9. We are advised to think on good things.

Titus 1:14 - 16. Purity of thought is relative to who we are.

God has made us with a wonderful imagination which was designed to help us to be creative like He is.

On the other hand the imagination of the wicked is evil continuously. Genesis 6:5.

Which false imagination can be cast down by the new life that God is to us. II Corinthians 10:3-7.

The false imaginations/visualizations are to improve ones image, see verse 7. In the hope for power and gain. 

The good imaginations/visualizations are those that bring obedience/faith in God. Such as the contents of the Bible, nature, goodness, charity, creativity, honest work, improving opportunities, thinking how to be of more benefit to those around us, as you already do.

Hu?  scratch.gif What kind of visualizations are they?People?What do they look like?How long have you been having these visualizations?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  48
  • Birthday:  09/24/1975

You are referring to guided meditation and the like, it seems which is an occult practice

See it and call it into existence. It is really a terrible thing.

Firstly, though My sister is correct prophets were called seers before prophets, this is not applicable in this case.

You ask if we can show in scripture where it is wrong. O.k.

Guided meditation,visualizations are an attempt to reach a state of concsiounsess called the God or Christ consiciousness.

, Practiced in the buddhist religion and even sadly are taught by those claiming christ, guided visions.  These all most certainly are evil.

It is something practiced by mediums, spiritists etc. Used in visual wellness  and other things. STAY AWAY! Flirting with these things will only serve you terribly.

Even buddhists believe in hell, there are ancient images in the buddhist temple in sri lanka etremely vivid and tortuous.

1 Samuel 15:23Amplified Bible (AMP)

23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as idolatry and teraphim (household good luck images). Because you have rejected the word of the Lord, He also has rejected you from being king.

Leviticus 19:26Amplified Bible (AMP)

26 You shall not eat anything with the blood; neither shall you use magic, omens, or witchcraft [or predict events by horoscope or signs and lucky days].

And I will cut off witchcraftand sorceries from your hand, and you shall have no more soothsayers.

Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation

Such things are terrible. They ensure you will be destroyed not saved. We are not given to the pursuit of a thing but rather the God who made all things. We cannot become God who speaks things into existence and performs it Himself but we can experience and know Him in a personal and real way.

Young lady I highly advise you stay away from these things. It is by all accounts witchcraft. People don't understand that the mind is a very curious thing and manipulating yours or others in an attempt to reach this consciousness is 100% in error. Saying it out loud and constantly visualizing things is not at all what we are supposed to do or seek after Peace comes from God. What these people and I suspect you have experienced is a spirit.
To meditate means to think. It is what visualization is to meditate on something until it becomes vivid and reach a level it can come to pass. That is nothing but witchcraft

The spirit of witchcraft has no claim to any christian because of the power of the Name and Blood of Jesus Christ. 

I highly advise you get out and stay out of these kinds of things. I saw your thread about peace. Peace for you comes only from God not in bad stuff.
I would suggest that you pray to God to deliver your sadness and frustration. Surround yourself with Christian people who will help you to grow and learn. If it is a spirit that bothers you I rebuke it in Jesus name. It has no right to you. If you have a disability it is best to see a doctor and see if something can't be reached. That doesn't take your faith away. Many people have to have some help. Unless God completely sets you free, it is wisdom to see a dr. A counsellor is probably not going to be the answer. A dr could help, in the meantime Just pray, if you find it hard to achieve the peace you desire, you are not alone. I too have had these struggles. I think actually most everyone has and does.

-Will
Edited by Will M

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  2

Will,

Thanks for answering Bopeep for me.

The warnings against "visualizations" as forms of achieving is very necessary in this time, because it comes across as an innocent way of getting ahead, but in essence it is a door to witchcraft and the occult, which would like anyone to forfeit a life of cooperation with God as a friend, in exchange for worldly success.

Satan may grant temporary success, which one will have to pay for sooner or later, by losing their salvation.

How many celebrities and wealthy men and women have lost their lives by doing this?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  48
  • Birthday:  09/24/1975

Hey Kan,

God bless you.

You are correct, it is really a deceptive thing, it is like hansel and gretel the story, they children are led by their desires only to be found in a trap. I can't believe I just used that :D

God bless you as you continue to seek Him

-Will