• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I agree with Shilo,

I had mentioned the other day that these "concert" atmospheres create a false euphoric feeling. You shouldn't need a bunch of loud music and shiny lights to worship and feel the Holy Spirit. Go to any concert and you usually leave feeling awesome about it. But rarely does that carry over into the next day. And to the comment about the claims made by members of Jesus Culture, if anyone believes their claims about their relationship with God, (personal and audible) then they are just as lost as the ones making the claims. Wide is the gate, my friends, wide is the gate......

Proof

I guess Im not familiar with Jesus culture. What are the claims they make?

One of their all time best songs, and one of my favorites, even today, is "Rooftops"..Watch the video, it is excellent.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Try listening to Kim Walker Smith and her husbands latest CD.

Guest shiloh357

Fez, Kim Walker is the one who claims to have special communications with Jesus.   She is not someone we should be listening to.  

she claims to have visited heaven and talked with God the Father, and Jesus and claims that God the father ripped out piece of his chest and formed a clay-like model of Kim  that he keeps in a box and giggles every time he opens it and looks it.  She believes that there is a "Kim-shaped hole" in God's heart.   It is complete blasphemy. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,245
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

I hear you ricky.   Christianity Today did a poll a few years back and found that only about 1/3 of men in American congregation actively participate in worship.  One reason they discovered is what you mention about how feminine the songs are.   They have romantic overtones that men have a problem singing to another male figure. 

I have always had a problem with singing the same chorus of a few words for several minutes.  It is more like hypnosis than actual worship.    You are right about the shallowness of some of the modern worship. 

Compare:

"When I survey the wondrous cross on which the prince of glory died; my greatest gain I count but loss and poor contempt on all my pride.  See from his head, his hands his feet, sorrow and love flow mingled down. Did e'er such love and sorrow meet, or thorns produce so rich a crown?"

with:

I could sing of your love forever;

I could sing of your love forever:

Hi shiloh357,

This feminine feel to the songs, comes I believe from the wrong teaching of the Body of Christ being female (bride/wife) whereas God`s word clearly says that that is a symbol of His relationship with Israel.

Protestants have wrongly taken on the bride,

Catholics, Mary,

The world, idolising females,

Ancient cultures all had female `worship.`

Marilyn.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  165
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

No way!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!! She's a lunatic!! Okay, so I just watched the video for "rooftops". There are some songs that when I listen to them I truly get the warm fuzzies and feel inspired. But that one, I don't know, the feeling I got was a little off. I didn't like it.

Shilo, is there anywhere I can read her account of having had coffee with God :P

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

I hear you ricky.   Christianity Today did a poll a few years back and found that only about 1/3 of men in American congregation actively participate in worship.  One reason they discovered is what you mention about how feminine the songs are.   They have romantic overtones that men have a problem singing to another male figure. 

I have always had a problem with singing the same chorus of a few words for several minutes.  It is more like hypnosis than actual worship.    You are right about the shallowness of some of the modern worship. 

Compare:

"When I survey the wondrous cross on which the prince of glory died; my greatest gain I count but loss and poor contempt on all my pride.  See from his head, his hands his feet, sorrow and love flow mingled down. Did e'er such love and sorrow meet, or thorns produce so rich a crown?"

with:

I could sing of your love forever:

Hi shiloh357,

This feminine feel to the songs, comes I believe from the wrong teaching of the Body of Christ being female (bride/wife) whereas God`s word clearly says that that is a symbol of His relationship with Israel.

Protestants have wrongly taken on the bride,

Catholics, Mary,

The world, idolising females,

Ancient cultures all had female `worship.`

Marilyn.

He calls us the Bride.

http://www.openbible.info/topics/the_bride_of_christ

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

While the discussion is good, I think I will start another topic on songs. Im curious what folks consider good worship songs. Especially you shiloh. I have agreed with much if not all you have said on this topic.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  508
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  03/09/1985

No way!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!! She's a lunatic!! Okay, so I just watched the video for "rooftops". There are some songs that when I listen to them I truly get the warm fuzzies and feel inspired. But that one, I don't know, the feeling I got was a little off. I didn't like it.

Shilo, is there anywhere I can read her account of having had coffee with God :P

At the about to be former congregation I attend they sing that one frequently. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  165
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Ricky,

Why are they about to be "former"? Just curious because I'm about to have a former congregation myself.. :)