missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

f27a2e77acd8ff752a1bd615d1c56e90.jpgYou have a point.How do we know that a computer will not go against us?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,134
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Hal was given a directive that was against what Dave was trying to do and Dave didn't know it.....   Hal was basically doing what he was told to do.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  684
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2

I would do this with no issues at all. I trust the computer more than the human.

I hope to be around for driverless cars.

Now this is a strange thought, if you trust computer more than than a human, this also means you would have to trust the humans who created that computer knows what he is doing. At the end of the day, you have to trust that human who made it more.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

A computer pilot can be hacked and flown to a different location or into a building or crowded stadium.  It could be turned off altogether over a busy metropolitan area fall out of the sky like a rock.

There are some jobs that cannot be off-loaded to technology.

I so agree with you on that.

I would do this with no issues at all. I trust the computer more than the human.

I hope to be around for driverless cars.

Now this is a strange thought, if you trust computer more than than a human, this also means you would have to trust the humans who created that computer knows what he is doing. At the end of the day, you have to trust that human who made it more.

You have a very valid point there   :mgcheerful:.Someone is behind that computer.

I think we are getting too comfortable with technology.  It is like the plan to test cars with no driver on the highways.  I think that is a terrible idea.  I get how it could allow you to multi-task on your way to a meeting as the car drives itself to work, or you might catch up on that novel you were reading, but I just don't trust computers to that extent, and the same thing goes for planes.  Look how strict they are about truck driver safety, and the physicals and drug tests they require.  I would feel safer with a truck driver with less than perfect health behind the wheel than no driver, and the same thing goes for a pilot.  I want a human being in the cockpit. 

I would trust the pilot with excellent character and integrity.Is that so hard to find?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

No I wouldnt fly on one. The software cant think for itself.

The software can't suffer from depression either and decide to sacrifice itself and the livTh

There is a show on the  Smithsonian channel called Air Disasters.  They put the pieces together after a major air crash involving passenger planes.  There are hundreds of things they need to piece back together.  Most crashes are pilot error.  But in answer to your question no way would I get on a plane run by just computer.  Just to nuts to even contemplate. 

Guest LadyC

No I wouldnt fly on one. The software cant think for itself.

The software can't suffer from depression either and decide to sacrifice itself and the livTh

There is a show on the  Smithsonian channel called Air Disasters.  They put the pieces together after a major air crash involving passenger planes.  There are hundreds of things they need to piece back together.  Most crashes are pilot error.  But in answer to your question no way would I get on a plane run by just computer.  Just to nuts to even contemplate. 

love that show.