IGNORED

Will Jesus return on a future Rosh Hashanah?

Watching for Jesus

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

No man knows the date or time. Jesus will return as quick as a thief in the night.

which is after the armies gather together for the battle of Armageddon.

And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.  And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.  For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.  Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.  And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.  Revelation 16:12-16

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/14/1969

No man knows the date or time. Jesus will return as quick as a thief in the night.

which is after the armies gather together for the battle of Armageddon.

And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.  And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.  For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.  Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.  And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.  Revelation 16:12-16

Agreed Last Daze, the scriptures do show that the Lord will come only after this gathering of the worlds armies in Megiddo is gathered together to war against His return .. which, as your answer to alien224 subtly implies, that on the contrary, there is indeed a definite "knowing" as to the timing of our Lords return within the reading of the prophecies to which I likewise agree .. a knowing that only excludes knowing on what particular day and what particular hour the actual event transpires, because as I am sure you'd agree, there is no reason, once the prophetic markers are revealed, why we can not safely calculate say the year of His return .. that is, if we are still alive from the persecution of the mark of the beast decree .. beheading for refusal to comply.

again, and I emphasize this for those who would disagree with this, this knowing will only be possible after certain prophetic markers transpire whose markers will come suddenly and violently upon the saints so that by the time of the Lords return, the majority of the world's population will consist of the blind masses with the mark of the beast upon whom His coming as a thief  chiefly concerns .. not the saints who by then are mostly martyred anyway.

1 Thessalonians 5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

God bless.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Serving,

Sadly, I agree with you that there will be very few Christians still alive and remaining when Jesus comes.  But, our reward will be great in heaven.

Jeff

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Hi Serving,

Sadly, I agree with you that there will be very few Christians still alive and remaining when Jesus comes.  But, our reward will be great in heaven.

Jeff

It all depends if a person's reward will be great.We will be judged at Judgment Seat of Christ/Bema Seat after the rapture Romans 14:10-12;2 Corinthians 5:10.All born again Christians will be judged for what they have done while in their bodies on earth.They are saved so it has nothing to do with salvation.People will receive different rewards.Some may not receive any rewards.We will not keep those rewards because they will be put at the feet of Christ.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I am new here, and this was one of the first threads I read through, and I believe I agree with the question. Here is my reasoning why.

I believe from my studies on this subject, The resurrection and rapture as described by Paul will happen on a future Rosh Hashanah. My reckoning is this. Place yourself in the audience there when Paul was speaking. When Paul said this event will happen at the last trump, you must stop and do some analytical thinking here. At that time the N.T. was being lived, and a lot of it hadn’t even been written yet and it wasn’t in any fashion as a single entity as the O.T. canonization. With this thought, when Paul said at the last trump most all in that gathering knew exactly what last trump Paul was referring to, and it wasn’t from the N.T. or Revelation, for Revelation hadn’t been revealed to and recorded by John, and it would come many years later.

What all those there did know of and have access to, was the O.T. and that is what they referenced when Paul said “the last trump“. Everyone there would have known Paul was referring to the feast of trumpets, where at the end of the day, one last trump is sounded to end the day. They had been observing this feast every year for many years by that time. If, someone there would have asked “what last trump“? No one in the audience would had said the one in Revelation, for it was yet to come.

But, here lies a problem, if this is true then Paul not only revealed the exact day, but also the exact hour this event will happen, only the year isn’t revealed. In every discussion concerning the timing and detail of future prophetic events, there is always someone who quickly quotes Matthew 24:36. The verse that says there is a specific day that no one knows but the Father only. And they use this verse as an end all to any serious discussion, you can’t know because Christ says so.

However, with a little analytical thinking, and truly reading to understand the actual context of what you are reading. We can put more perspective on this topic. First, I‘d like to say, I.M.H.O. Matthew 24:36 is the most misunderstood and misinterpreted verse in the whole bible. I have heard it most of my Christian life. You can’t know the day and hour. And it is always applied to the resurrection and rapture, or the physical return of Christ, or both.

So lets look at Matthew 24:36 and read it in its true context. Read it numerous times till you see it. Most still wont believe it even though it is right in front of their eyes.

34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Have you figured it out yet. The day no one knows but the Father is already revealed in the context. It has nothing to do with the resurrection and rapture or the day of Christ’s physical return. Christ tells you what day can’t be known in verse 35, in the true actual context of what you are reading. The day no one can know but the Father only is the day the heaven and earth pass away. This day is described in Peter and Revelation, and it happens after the 1000 year reign of Christ. That is exactly what is being said, Christ did not say the day of the resurrection and rapture or when I return is the day, he said the day the heaven and earth pass. It could have easily been translated, without changing any meaning to read.

34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled, but my words shall not pass away.

35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

The context is still the same. Most have just heard verse 36 pounded in their heads for their whole Christian existence and have never read the verse in context to verse 36 and understand the true meaning. So I suggest a reevaluation in studying Matthew 24 verse 36 to understand its true context and meaning.

Peace, but not yet.

Maranatha