IGNORED

Would You Be Willing To Go To Jail For What You Believe?

RustyAngeL

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

I don't see a mass, conspiratorial mass killing or persecution/imprisionment of the Church prior to the Rapture, in America. There already is a conspiratorial effort to discredit Christian businesses who refuse to kowtow to the GLBT agenda, and I can see some isolated hate crime murders of Christians. I can't say what I personally do if confronted with such a situation, but I wouldn't deny my faith to avoid it. I might try and change the subject or something like that, but deny Christ, no. As I see it, absent from the body, present with the Lord. So, I have nothing to loose and everything to gain.

I don't see that happening in America either Parker.Not a mass killing anyway.I have seen a couple of things on the news.Now in the Middle East,Korea or China that is a different story.The United States is not mentioned in Bible Prophecy at all.

We are still blessed to live in the USA. It's really crazy over seas, even in Europe (Especially if you are a Jew.) Christian's in Asia are being martyred at an alarming rate. I believe that their reward in Heaven at the Bema Seat Judgment will be much greater than ours. Their's is the real Tribulation of our time. If it is so bad for them there now, juswt imagine how it will be once the Church and the Restrainer are removed. Those who are left behind and convert during the Last Days will surely suffer greatly. I wouldn't want to be around at that time. Praise the Lord for the Rapture of the Church!!!

We are still blessed to live in the USA. It's really crazy over seas, even in Europe (Especially if you are a Jew.) Christian's in Asia are being martyred at an alarming rate. I believe that their reward in Heaven at the Bema Seat Judgment will be much greater than ours. Their's is the real Tribulation of our time. If it is so bad for them there now, juswt imagine how it will be once the Church and the Restrainer are removed. Those who are left behind and convert during the Last Days will surely suffer greatly. I wouldn't want to be around at that time. Praise the Lord for the Rapture of the Church!!!

Yes,the Last Days and the tribulation will be awful.Although I do not believe that the Holy Spirit will be removed during the tribulation.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I have no idea what I would do until it came to that situation. 
However, I think if I went to Jail I would probably have a better relationship with God as there would be no material distractions for me. 

At the same time I wouldn't have many resources or a bible to read... 
So I have no idea.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

Yes I would sit in a prison cell for the principles of my faith. I would welcome death if it would come to that. I have counted the cost already and I count all that is behind a loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ and the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. I've lost a lot personally in my life RustyAngel because of my faith including the rejection of family members, I've lost friends, I've had to seperate myself from some because of my faith among other things but none of those losses has even compared to what I have gained in Christ. Don't get me wrong I had some deep losses and I have difinitely felt all the pain that came with them and it hurts real deep. But I consider them now light afflictions in the world. It is with the strength and grace of God we press forward come what may as we shall put off this earthly house for a glorified body we have a lively hope and a faith that is must more precious than that of gold when it is tried and we can have the joy of our salvation right in the midst of persecution. We might just have to start up a church service or something while were sitting in that jail cell or begin singing the praises of God but we want be alone as God is with us.

It is easy as you say to think that we would put everything on the line but when testing time comes we might fall short of what we profess and find out just how strong our faith really is. But even when we fail and are not as strong in our faith as we thought we were we know and learn as apostle Paul did in his sufferring and afflictions that His grace is sufficient in our weaknesses Christ is made strong. That is why Paul boasted in his weaknesses of his flesh (body) so that the power of God would rest upon him and help him as God gave him the grace to endure his trials and sufferrings for the cause of Christ. He will us also. Be encouraged

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

All I know for sure is that life is not worth living without a close relationship with God. And anything that might threaten than relationship has to go. So if that means jail time, so be it--as long as my Bible goes with me.

Yes,the Last Days and the tribulation will be awful.Although I do not believe that the Holy Spirit will be removed during the tribulation.

No, the Holy Spirit won't be absent, but I believe that the Bible teaches that the Holy Spirit will no longer indwell a believer as a guarantee of their salvation, but will come upon a person just as He did in the OT. Post Rapture believers will have to maintain their own salvation with faith plus works.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

We might say we would be willing to die for Christ, but we don't know how we will respond until it is time to cross that bridge. The conversation between Peter and Jesus in Matthew 22 comes to mind. Peter was quite sure he was willing to die for Jesus. Instead, he denied he even knew him.

Amen appy.  I agree we really don't know what we would say.  I cannot see myself saying no to Jesus, but when your in extreme fear who knows.  I think this something we need to settle in our hearts before we are faced with it.  And as I said bopeep, several people in the US have already been murdered by these monsters.  I too pray, " Come quickly Lord Jesus".

We might say we would be willing to die for Christ, but we don't know how we will respond until it is time to cross that bridge. The conversation between Peter and Jesus in Matthew 22 comes to mind. Peter was quite sure he was willing to die for Jesus. Instead, he denied he even knew him.

Amen appy.  I agree we really don't know what we would say.  I cannot see myself saying no to Jesus, but when your in extreem fear who knows.  I think this something we need to settle in our hearts before we are faced with it.  And as I said bopeep, several people in the us have already been murded by these monsters.  I too pray, " Come quickly Lord Jesus".

I am not saying that someone will not break into a Church service and try and gun down everyone. You know how our world is going now.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Amen appy.  I agree we really don't know what we would say.  I cannot see myself saying no to Jesus, but when your in extream fear who knows.  I think this something we need to settle in our hearts before we are faced with it.  And as I said bopeep, several people in the US have already been murdered by these monsters.  I too pray, " Come quickly Lord Jesus".

I am not saying that someone will not break into a Church service and try and gun down everyone. You know how our world is going now.

Yes I do bopeep. It's a horrible world out there. It's just so scary to think of how close we could all be from that happening.  God help us.