IGNORED

Would You Be Willing To Go To Jail For What You Believe?

RustyAngeL

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/05/1965

i am willing t9o die or go to jail, if need for my Lord

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

absolutely; and i would hope i'd remember Paul's example and start praising God while in the stocks from a genuine heart that would get God to tapping His foot and shake the jail doors open so that i could preach the gospel to the stunned jailers that expected me to run :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  141
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/02/1974

I would like to think that I'd go to jail for my beliefs. I'd like to think that.

I was never in prison, but in my younger days ( 18 years ago) I did get arrested and go to jail a couple times. I can tell you I didn't go because of anything I believed in. I went because I did wrond and, well...was arrested. By the way...I haven't been in any kind of trouble since then.

That was a bad experience. I can't imagine a prolonged prison sentence.

Like I said: I'd like to think I'm the kind of person that would be willing to be imprisioned for my beliefs. Honestly, though, I can't answer this question (honestly) until I find myself in this circumstance.

Lord give me the strength to stand up for You, should it come to that. I hope I never have to put my faith to the test.

• 5 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,801
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Yes.

I've been faced with this question when bringing bibles to a country where it's illegal to do so. When I told the pastor I wanted to do this, he asked me, "Do you understand that if you go, you might not come back?" I understood and was willing to take the risk, but he made sure I understood I could be imprisoned, tortured, and/or killed.

By the grace of God I walked through the lion's den safely and the Bibles were delivered. A pastor was arrested for Xth time the day I left and the week prior to my trip 3 missionaries were beheaded (I did not know this at the time but would have gone anyway as I knew God called me to do this and was in His hands regardless). I would do it again in a heartbeat if God called me to it.

Had I been caught and threatened with prison, torture, or death if I didn't deny what I believe? I believe God would have given me the strength to stand as He has for many throughout history.

The real question is whether we are willing to daily live for Him.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

I wouldn't want to go to jail or die for my faith but I would.....denying my Lord carries a far worse sentence .