missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

Prophecy in the Bible was written literally "God-breathed"- by the creator of our Universe.It foretells the future and it explains the positive and negative results of the events to come.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,226
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi bopeep1909,

True, & prophecy is always foretelling of Christ, His character & His purposes. Thus `Why should we study prophecy? Well it enables us by the Holy Spirit to grow more in understanding our precious Lord & to grow more like Him. Truly wonderful & amazing.

Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  143
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I tend to avoid prophecy study because I find myself, and others, speculating more so than inferring or hearing. And while I read somewhere in the Bible that it was okay to reason or speculate, so to speak (I'm paraphrasing), while trying to perceive scripture, it is not okay to do so about prophecy. That is, only prophets shall prophecy, elsewise it is damnable...

So, while I will read other's ideas, I, myself, try to avoid interpreting prophecy to others, for fear of doing something really bad; and I just hope that, when the time comes, I will finally be able to hear what I have read.

Also, if any of you know the verses I'm referring to, please post them - my memory of what precisely they read fells me.

I tend to avoid prophecy study because I find myself, and others, speculating more so than inferring or hearing. And while I read somewhere in the Bible that it was okay to reason or speculate, so to speak (I'm paraphrasing), while trying to perceive scripture, it is not okay to do so about prophecy. That is, only , else wise it is damnable...

So, while I will read other's ideas, I, myself, try to avoid interpreting prophecy to others, for fear of doing something really bad; and I just hope that, when the time comes, I will finally be able to hear what I have read.

Also, if any of you know the verses I'm referring to, please post them - my memory of what precisely they read fells me.

:thumbsup:

Let the prophet who has a dream tell the dream, but let him who has my word speak my word faithfully. What has straw in common with wheat? declares the Lord.

Is not my word like fire, declares the Lord, and like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces?

Therefore, behold, I am against the prophets, declares the Lord, who steal my words from one another. Behold, I am against the prophets, declares the Lord, who use their tongues and declare, ‘declares the Lord.’ Behold, I am against those who prophesy lying dreams, declares the Lord, and who tell them and lead my people astray by their lies and their recklessness, when I did not send them or charge them. So they do not profit this people at all, declares the Lord. Jeremiah 23:28-32 (English Standard Version)

?

Beloved, When One Faithfully Seeds The Words Of God

He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. Mark 16:15 (New International Version)

One Prophesies

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 (New International Version)

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  143
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Thanks, Joe.

Also, hmmm. Are the gospels prophecies?

Also, does anyone know the other verse I was referring to? The one that excuses our misinterpretations of scripture to others? (yet not prophecies, I think.)

Edited by Cog

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Days Won:  5

Thanks, Joe.

Also, does anyone know the other verse I was referring to? The one that excuses our misinterpretations of scripture to others? (yet not prophecies, I think.)

Is this the one?

2 Peter 2:2   And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

Thanks, Joe.

~

Oh

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:36

Yes~!

Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death. John 8:51

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Days Won:  5

Prophecy in the Bible was written literally "God-breathed"- by the creator of our Universe.It foretells the future and it explains the positive and negative results of the events to come.

Hi bopeep

God wants his children to know his whole plan from beginning to end so that we are in the light and not in darkness.  The enemy is not given this.  To be in the darkness is to not know.

The prophecies are bitter sweet, and we have to take the good with the bad.  It's all a learning experience so that we can excercise faith and self control. We can't defeat our enemy unless we know how he operates.  This is the bitter part, knowing what he is capable of.  The sweet part is to know what he will do beforehand and be one step ahead so we can make the right decisions in our walk and keep in the light.  If we keep our eyes on the reward at the end of the race it will all be worth it, and very sweet indeed.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  04/27/1945

There are many prophecies in the Bible and I have made a database of many of them.  Reading over them and seeing how they come true, has reinforced my belief in an all-knowing God.  For me, that is why reading and studying prophecy is important...

• Followers:  70
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,834
  • Content Per Day:  4.70
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

There are many prophecies in the Bible and I have made a database of many of them.  Reading over them and seeing how they come true, has reinforced my belief in an all-knowing God.  For me, that is why reading and studying prophecy is important...

Welcome, woman, my sister!! God Bless you!!

Your brother in Christ,

KPaulG.