• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Kan.....

I do not believe anyone thinks you to be a heretic ,Brother,,,,,,,,,,,, just that believing things that are said or written that are different than what is Written in God Living Word are considered false teaching,,,,,,,,,,,,I only hope to help you to understand this & not take offense...........you are loved & let us continue to give our Lord Honor & Glory together  :mgcheerful:

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

I believe we will never truly know what is heaven till we actually get there, we can debate, we can disscuss, but when it comes down too it, the only we will really know is when we arrive at the the doors of heave

That is right.All that we are saying is only speculation.

Guest Butero

The Bible says it will be a mansion, and the word mansion is in the definition, so I am 100 percent sure it will be a mansion.  That being said, nobody knows what that mansion will be?  We don't know the size.  We don't know the appearance.  Only God and those who are dwelling in their already know.  I don't claim to know for sure.

Will there be cities in heaven? Based on what I have read in scripture, New Jerusalem is there now, but will come down to earth.  There will be cities on earth besides New Jerusalem.  Heaven is indeed God's abode, but the saints that have died are there now.  To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. 

Guest shiloh357

Yeah, Strong's Concordance doesn't really tell the whole story when it comes to understanding how to handle the original languages

mone in Greek is rooted in meno which means to stay in place.   mone is talking about a permanent abode, and we know that Heaven is not the permanent abode of believers.  mone is also the used in John 14:23 to refer to God's abiding in the hearts of believers. Again, with mone, it is a permanent dwelling, which is how it would come off to the original audience.  

The point is not that we get mansions.  That is not what He was saying at all.   Jesus was talking about the fact believer will be abiding with the Lord forever.  The idea behind mone is about being with Jesus forever and that Jesus is preparing Heaven for us to that end.

In fact when I look at this passage in my Hebrew New Testament, the word for "mansions"  is m'derot and it is a Hebrew equivalent to mone and means, "rooms."   It does not mean "mansions" in the sense that  we are each being rewarded with our personal mansion.

The word mansion was put there by the translators to communicate the notion of largeness, that Heaven was large enough for everyone to live there.  It was to communicate the size of heaven.   Jesus was not saying, "In my Father's house are many mansions, and you are each getting your own personal mansion."     That is the western, materialistic view of the text.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

Jesus was not saying, "In my Father's house are many mansions, and you are each getting your own personal mansion." That is the western, materialistic view of the text.

Whatever.  Hang on to your views, but don't tell us that Strong's is unreliable unless your scholarship exceeds that of Strong's.

Guest shiloh357

I didn't say Strong's is unreliable.   I am saying that it is not a stand alone word study resource.  A lot of people think they are getting all they need from strong's, but that concordance is not an analytical tool.

What I am saying is that there is lot more to know about how to handle the original languages than what you can get from Strong's.

Guest Butero

It is permanent.  It will be in the holy city, New Jerusalem.  The city is in heaven, but will come down to earth.  There is no reason to doubt there will be literal mansions.  There is no way to prove in absolute terms one way or the other what the mansions will be like, but there will be mansions. 

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

I think what Paul describes in II Corinthians 5 gives all the reason one needs to doubt there are literal mansions, considering he wrote that the glorified body is our eternal home.  Then when you factor in the purpose for what we know as a home here on earth, and that there is no need for such things in heaven.  We have a home here so we can sleep in a bed, and there is no night in eternity.  So we don't need a bedroom.  It doesn't appear we need to eat and drink as we do here either, so no kitchens are necessary.  And I seriously doubt there is going to be cable television either, so what exactly would be the purpose of a home as we know it now?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

Yeah, Strong's Concordance doesn't really tell the whole story when it comes to understanding how to handle the original languages

mone in Greek is rooted in meno which means to stay in place.   mone is talking about a permanent abode, and we know that Heaven is not the permanent abode of believers.  mone is also the used in John 14:23 to refer to God's abiding in the hearts of believers. Again, with mone, it is a permanent dwelling, which is how it would come off to the original audience.  

The point is not that we get mansions.  That is not what He was saying at all.   Jesus was talking about the fact believer will be abiding with the Lord forever.  The idea behind mone is about being with Jesus forever and that Jesus is preparing Heaven for us to that end.

In fact when I look at this passage in my Hebrew New Testament, the word for "mansions"  is m'derot and it is a Hebrew equivalent to mone and means, "rooms."   It does not mean "mansions" in the sense that  we are each being rewarded with our personal mansion.

The word mansion was put there by the translators to communicate the notion of largeness, that Heaven was large enough for everyone to live there.  It was to communicate the size of heaven.   Jesus was not saying, "In my Father's house are many mansions, and you are each getting your own personal mansion."     That is the western, materialistic view of the text.

Shiloh is it something like this?

Jesus Christ prepares a place in heaven for His own, those who have come to Him in faith, and the Holy Spirit prepares the redeemed on earth for their place in heaven.Revelation 7:9tells us that there will be a "great multitude in heaven that no one could number" all standing before the throne. Here, again, the imagery is of multitudes together, not living separately in different mansions.

Read more:http://www.gotquestions.org/mansions-heaven.html#ixzz3XnsxDuMM