• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you Ezra.

Since we are righteous (justified) before God the moment we believe on Christ, God sees you as perfect as Christ.  That is called "imputed righteousness".  It may sound paradoxical, but you are perfect even while you are imperfect.  But that perfection is Christ's perfection, placed upon you as "the robe of righteousness".

However our works will be judged at the Judgment Seat of Christ.  While our salvation is secure (hence the "sealing") our works must be judged, and according to the spiritual quality of our works, we will receive rewards.  I trust this helps to clarify what God has done for you in and through Christ.

Okay, so have I got it right?

The Holy Spirit was given to me through my faith in Christ during my baptism. The Holy Spirit is now my reference source to God, Christ, Truth, Grace, and all good things that my spirit/soul requires. After my death the Holy Spirit returns to God intact.

My spiritual self (spirit/soul) will be judged be its works. So, while we are alive on earth, our spiritual self is at stake.

Edited by Raven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

The Holy Spirit was given to you when you said Jesus forgive me of my sins I accept you as my Lord and Saviour I believe You are the Son of the one true living God and help me live a life pleasing to you. It has nothing to do with your baptism...if it did you would have done something to,earn it....salvation and the in dwelling of the Holy Spirit is a gift"...it is FREE.

Thank you Littlelambseativy, for your clarification.

So, the rest of my question is right?

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

My spiritual self (spirit/soul) will be judged be its works. So, while we are alive on earth, our spiritual self is at stake.

"At stake" would not be applicable, since the one who has been born again is a child of God and remains a child of God for eternity.  At the same time, we are individually accountable to God for what we have done with our lives.  Have we been good stewards of our time, our talents, our gifts and our possessions?  Have we done the will of God or our own wills?  Have we fulfilled our ministries? What have been our motives?  Therefore we are told that we will give account.

"At stake" would not be applicable, since the one who has been born again is a child of God and remains a child of God for eternity.  At the same time, we are individually accountable to God for what we have done with our lives.  Have we been good stewards of our time, our talents, our gifts and our possessions?  Have we done the will of God or our own wills?  Have we fulfilled our ministries? What have been our motives?  Therefore we are told that we will give account.

Thank you Ezra, however I am still confused. Please bear with me.

Maybe your definition of 'at stake' points to life or death. My definition means 'at risk'. In the above case, I mean 'at risk of judgement'.

So if my definition is okay, then what are the consequences, or differences, to my spiritual self if it is found heavily judged as opposed to a lightly judged spiritual self?

Or, as mentioned earlier about rewards, what happens to the greatly rewarded compared to the lowly rewarded?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

Thank you Ezra.

Since we are righteous (justified) before God the moment we believe on Christ, God sees you as perfect as Christ.  That is called "imputed righteousness".  It may sound paradoxical, but you are perfect even while you are imperfect.  But that perfection is Christ's perfection, placed upon you as "the robe of righteousness".

However our works will be judged at the Judgment Seat of Christ.  While our salvation is secure (hence the "sealing") our works must be judged, and according to the spiritual quality of our works, we will receive rewards.  I trust this helps to clarify what God has done for you in and through Christ.

Okay, so have I got it right?

The Holy Spirit was given to me through my faith in Christ during my baptism. The Holy Spirit is now my reference source to God, Christ, Truth, Grace, and all good things that my spirit/soul requires. After my death the Holy Spirit returns to God intact.

there is a difference between the indwelling of the Holy Spirit where God dwells within and being filled with the Holy Spirit

Rom 7:24-8:2

24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

KJV

1 Peter 1:23

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

KJV

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

Maybe your definition of 'at stake' points to life or death. My definition means 'at risk'. In the above case, I mean 'at risk of judgement'.

So if my definition is okay, then what are the consequences, or differences, to my spiritual self if it is found heavily judged as opposed to a lightly judged spiritual self?

Or, as mentioned earlier about rewards, what happens to the greatly rewarded compared to the lowly rewarded?

Raven,

Again "at risk" would not be appropriate, and since Christ is the Judge, the judgment of believers will be perfect. We will give account, and the Lord will give rewards.  The consequences will be that some Christians will receive more rewards and some less, but nothing will be "at risk" since salvation is a gift of God's grace. Please note:

For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;  Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.  If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.  If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. (1 Cor 3:11-15).

For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord. Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God. (1 Cor 4:4.5).

Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. (2 Cor 5:9,10).

Thank you His_disciple3.

Raven,

Again "at risk" would not be appropriate, and since Christ is the Judge, the judgment of believers will be perfect. We will give account, and the Lord will give rewards.  The consequences will be that some Christians will receive more rewards and some less, but nothing will be "at risk" since salvation is a gift of God's grace. Please note:

For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;  Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.  If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.  If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. (1 Cor 3:11-15).

For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord. Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God. (1 Cor 4:4.5).

Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. (2 Cor 5:9,10).

Thank you Ezra.

So in (1 Cor 3:13-15) [NIV]  13 his work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each man's work. 14 If what he has built survives, he will receive his reward. 15 If it is burned up, he will suffer loss; he himself will be saved, but only as one escaping through the flames.

For me, in verse 13, fire is the fire of Truth. The spiritual self goes under fire, and anything that is not Truth gets burnt. In verse 14, what is left is Truth, and that Truth is the spiritual self's reward. in verse 15, The spiritual self suffers loss of any untruths placed on it while on earth. Whatever is left of the spiritual self is saved... depending on how much Truth/works it holds.

To me, my spiritual self is at risk/stake by any untruths that I harbor today. In other words, the more I lose by fire the less I have as a spiritual being.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Please help me to understand.

How do you know whether or not the seal is an active thing preformed by the spirit alone versus the seal becoming active by our obedience to the spirits leading? To be clear an envelope is sealed by an outside source when a wax seal is applied. The envelope merely receives a seal. However a person can be given a raincoat but unless they put it on they have no protection from the rain.