• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/08/1973

I like stuff that will hold my attention I tend to go to fiction or /Christian suspense books because I have run into non fiction books written biy popular Christian authors whose theology I don't agree on.

I love Janette Oake ,Karen Kingsburry, Terri Blackstock,Brandylyn Collins, Ted Dekker,Matt Slick (The Influence is a Suspense book dealing with spiritual warfare Very !!!! Suspenseful)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

If it helps, I'm a Christian writer (fiction).

do you ever do any 1-day free events through amazon? looks like you've got a lot of good reviews on your book.

Yes, I did that when it first came out. The regular Kindle price is $2.99. Thanks for the kind words!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

Don't forget C. S. Lewis! Narnia, Prince Caspian, Screwtape Letters, Mere Christianity, and Out Of The Silent Planet, are classics and he was prolific.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

I do not have any Christian books and I've noticed by watching Christian television channels that many preachers and speakers have books available. Does anybody know of a good author to start with? I would be interested in Christian nonfiction and fiction. Thank you.

A few authors I really love are Bill Johnson, Randy Clark, Heidi Baker, and Graham Cooke.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

If it helps, I'm a Christian writer (fiction).

As a Christian writing fiction how do you keep your plots firmly within the realms of Christian ideals? Do you think of a story and then try to ensure that it has a moral message? Do you write about Christian themes? Do you simply write non-Christian books but ensure that they do not go outside Christian moral boundaries?

Sorry for the questions but I'm not familiar with your works.

Guest shiloh357

It is important to be discerning in who you read.   David Jeremiah, Adrian Rogers, John McArthur, RC Sproul, Billy Graham are great.   Anything from the Charismatic end is usually poisonous.   Authors from the Word of Faith Movement, Jesus Culture/Bethel Church out of Redding CA are examples of what I mean by poison.   

It is important to be discerning in who you read.   David Jeremiah, Adrian Rogers, John McArthur, RC Sproul, Billy Graham are great.   Anything from the Charismatic end is usually poisonous.   Authors from the Word of Faith Movement, Jesus Culture/Bethel Church out of Redding CA are examples of what I mean by poison.   

I love Jesus culture and Bethel. I've visited Bethel a few times and know many people who have graduated from BSSM and are a part of that ministry. They are some of the most radical, onfire, in love with Jesus people you can meet.  I have known so many people who have given their lives to Jesus because of the fruit of those ministries also. I've seen people radically transformed, delivered from addictions, and become passionate lovers of Jesus because of their ministry. I'm also glad that Charasmatic/pentecostle is the fastest growing part of Christendom in the world today.

I honestly believe that John MacArthur has put out way more poisonous stuff with his strange fire, charasmaric chaos, etc.  He has caused so much division in the body of Christ and persecution for anyone who believes in the gifts of the Spirit.

Guest shiloh357

Jesus culture is shot through with heresy.   Their stuff should be avoided at all costs.  They may be nice people, but their material doesn't line up with Scripture.  

People can get saved even under false teachers, but that is not a matter of God honoring that ministry.  He is simply honoring His Word.   Just because people get saved, it isn't God's stamp of approval on their ministry at all.

Jesus culture is shot through with heresy.   Their stuff should be avoided at all costs.  They may be nice people, but their material doesn't line up with Scripture.  

People can get saved even under false teachers, but that is not a matter of God honoring that ministry.  He is simply honoring His Word.   Just because people get saved, it isn't God's stamp of approval on their ministry at all.

People can get saved through false teachers yes, but it's the fruit of their lives that I'm most blown away by. More than nice people, many of them become people who risk their lives to spread the Gospel to the nations.  I minister sometimes with Bethel students and love Jesus culture. I disagree with you strongly on them being shot through with heresy, but as we've discussed on topics before, we don't really agree with each other too much. I do however, believe in Jesus, that he was the Son of God, that He died on the cross, rose again, and is the only way to the Father, eternal life, and the Kingdom of heaven, and that He's coming again to rule and reign over the earth. lol, So does Jesus culture and Bethel.

I also like that Bethel addresses heresy when it comes up. Just a few weeks ago, someone who was really well known came to Redding recently and really fell from the faith. He taught that we are all gods, and Jesus wasn't God, and some other really twisted doctrine. Bill Johnson addressed the issue and had four sessions counter what was said, defending the deity of Christ and countering the new age doctrine this guy brought and issued a severe warning against him but also asked that everyone would pray that he would be restored back to the faith.