IGNORED

"Worthy"

PeteC-UK

Guest Butero

BoPeep, if you go back to Post 30, in reply to my second quote, George says that my position is similar to Watchman's Nee's position, and he was nice enough to post what Watchman Nee believes, but George made it clear that he doesn't agree with Watchman Nee.  He said he was open to it, but at this time, he doesn't think that is correct.  That is why I was trying to figure out if you were agreeing with Watchman Nee or George, and more specifically, about what. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

There is no question there are fake Christians, but you still never answered why Jesus would warn fake Christians to watch and pray always.  That doesn't make any logical sense. 

Jesus uses us as salt and light of this world to warn unbelievers of the very serious decision not to choose Christ in their life.God wants everyone to be warned.There are many,many choices we make in our life.Where we spend our eternity is one of them.

Guest Butero

In this passage, he was warning his audience to watch and pray always that they would be accounted worthy to escape those things that were to come upon the earth.  He wasn't telling true Christians to warn fake Christians.  But I still am trying to figure out if you are in agreement with Watchman Nee or George? 

In this passage, he was warning his audience to watch and pray always that they would be accounted worthy to escape those things that were to come upon the earth.  He wasn't telling true Christians to warn fake Christians.  But I still am trying to figure out if you are in agreement with Watchman Nee or George? 

We are to warn everyone.Unbelievers,fake Christian.....EVERYONE.

Guest Butero

Yes we are, but the warning to pray that we would be accounted worthy to escape the things to come wasn't to the fakes.  It was to followers of Christ,  Watchman Nee was saying that those real Christians that don't continue to live right, aren't watching and waiting, and don't pray will not go in the first rapture.  Those Christians will go through the great tribulation period and be part of a second rapture.  George didn't agree with that, but posted this view to consider, so I am asking you if you agree with Watchman Nee or George?  I can't figure out what you were saying made sense, and if by saying it makes sense, you were agreeing with it.  That is what I am asking you BoPeep. 

Yes we are, but the warning to pray that we would be accounted worthy to escape the things to come wasn't to the fakes.  It was to followers of Christ,  Watchman Nee was saying that those real Christians that don't continue to live right, aren't watching and waiting, and don't pray will not go in the first rapture.  Those Christians will go through the great tribulation period and be part of a second rapture.  George didn't agree with that, but posted this view to consider, so I am asking you if you agree with Watchman Nee or George?  I can't figure out what you were saying made sense, and if by saying it makes sense, you were agreeing with it.  That is what I am asking you BoPeep. 

But these fake Christians have been warned.They will be responsible for the words that they have seen with their eyes.I am saying will these fake Christians come to Christ during the tribulation?Not all will.It is not an issue of who I agree with that is my view on it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings George....

Thank you for sharing with us the meaning behind "being the salt" and the tradition of salting the bread,I have never had a very clear understanding of "the salt of the earth "and though I have listen to many teachings on the subject it just never really "clicked" before your explanation .......it has been very enlightening for me....

I would love to hear,in more detail, more about the tradition of salting the bread & how it came about ......can I encourage you to start a thread on this subject?LOL    You also made a reference to the salt having to do with marriage,a vow.......where can I find this in the Scriptures,to learn more?

Have a beautiful day,to God be the Glory!!!!                  With love-in Christ,Kwik

BTW,I love having you here all to ourselves!!!!!!!I do hope your busy schedule will allow you to spend much time with us,,,,,,,that is probably very selfish of me but I do know that so many are Blessed THROUGH you ,the Praise & Glory is to God alone!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  481
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/08/1959

I agree. George is very knowledgeable in the Truth and many of the various doctrines about. He also has valuable information on the traditions of the Jews that serve to keep fresh in the mind real relationships with God and what they should be.

As far as this "being Worthy" thing, I notice there are many asking questions not really wanting answers, as they already have their own. In error, maybe, but still very pre-determined.

But my two cents on being "Worthy"?

John 3:18-19

18 He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the [a]only begotten Son of God. 19 This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil.

And how many have noticed that, concerning judgement, Jesus "re-defined" sin? :

John 16:8-9

And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment; concerning sin, because they do not believe in Me;

How about the "Biblical definition" of "OVERCOMER";

1 John 5:5 Who is the one who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

I know that people want to think it possible that THEY can be "Worthy" of themselves.

But the Credit belongs elsewhere:

Romans 4:14-15

14 For if those who are [n]of the Law are heirs, faith is made void and the promise is nullified; 15 for the Law brings about wrath, but where there is no law, there also is no violation.

I could go on & on... As a matter of fact, I already have.

Edited by Matthew T.

Guest Butero

I can only speak for myself Matthew, but when I was asking questions, it was to get George's take on this.  It wasn't because I didn't already have an opinion to begin with.  I clearly did, and still do.  I got the answers I was looking for.  I learned something about Worthy Boards I didn't know, and I also got some new thoughts on different beliefs about the rapture I didn't know, as well as being introduced to a Bible teacher I hadn't heard of.  Sometimes we aren't asking questions because we are unsure of our beliefs, but we are trying to learn what others believe so we can consider it.  Right now, I am having to consider a 2 rapture theory, as well as a point George made using a scripture from Revelation that would seem to indicate that perhaps those who may miss the rapture might still have an opportunity to rule and reign with Christ in the end. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  73
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/01/1974

Actually, I took the title "Worthy Forums" more as a reminder to us that if it isn't really worth saying (to the edification of others) we shouldn't post it here. Although, that having been said, I'm not sure I've lived up to that. :( But one keeps on trying to do better each day. So to me, the title was more along the lines of:

Ephesians 4

Therefore I, the prisoner of the Lord, implore you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing tolerance for one another in love, being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

29 Let no [u]unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification [v]according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear.

Ephesians 5

15 Therefore [j]be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, 16 [k]making the most of your time, because the days are evil. (i.e. Don't waste time in conversations that are negative, divisive, gossip and generally don't edify--help, instruct, comfort, encourage, etc.)