LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

That was John the Baptist in the NT this is today.

Meaning?

The point I am trying to make Peep - is why do we keep having thread after thread about worrying over the outside of people?

I didn't start this thread  :noidea: Maybe sometimes we need to take a look at ourselves.I have been doing that for quite sometime.Why do people get so defensive and angry when they have to take a look at themselves?

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,236
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/18/1970

Meaning?

The point I am trying to make Peep - is why do we keep having thread after thread about worrying over the outside of people?

I didn't start this thread  :noidea: Maybe sometimes we need to take a look at ourselves.I have been doing that for quite sometime.Why do people get so defensive and angry when they have to take a look at themselves?

I agree, people don't like looking at themselves and get defensive....but it's the inside they get most defensive about.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

Just a note here that just because someone will not "ACCEPT" you does not mean they are judging or condemning of a person as I think that is very important to say. I mean some people want accept you simply because you have an ugly wart on your face or silly things like that. It's you acceptance in the eyes of God that is the important thing in a persons life that matters above all else.

Meaning?

Well I think the answer to that Hippie is because the scripture actually exists in the bible. Therefore it is a biblical discussion which some don't like to discuss. Another reason is because the bible does address both the outward man as well as the inward man. Though some don't want to acknowledge that both are being addressed from a scriptural stand point. I would say mainly because they don't want to change inwardly nor outwardly to the image of God we were created in.

Meaning?

I agree, people don't like looking at themselves and get defensive....but it's the inside they get most defensive about.

I find Hippie by experience it is quite the opposite that people get more defensive about their outward apperarnce than their inward. Because it is more easier for a person to hide their inward stuff as it not so obvious if you know what I mean. Something outward can be seen forthrightly before all and it more easily to get defensive. I also think that the outward appearance is all related around personal image that a person wants to reflect. And for many that outward appearance reflects many different things to people for example the tough look some people don't want to be viewed as weak so they outwardly reflect a tough look but they can hide that weakness of theirs by looking or dressing in a tough manner. But through experience people I find are defiantly more defensive of their outwardness than their inwardness.

But our outward appearance should reflect the image of God we were created in both male and female.

Meaning?

You think so?I have found a lot of people are very guarded about not only the outside but their actions on a daily basis.

I find Hippie by experience it is quite the opposite that people get more defensive about their outward apperarnce than their inward. Because it is more easier for a person to hide their inward stuff as it not so obvious if you know what I mean. Something outward can be seen forthrightly before all and it more easily to get defensive. I also think that the outward appearance is all related around personal image that a person wants to reflect. And for many that outward appearance reflects many different things to people for example the tough look some people don't want to be viewed as weak so they outwardly reflect a tough look but they can hide that weakness of theirs by looking or dressing in a tough manner. But through experience people I find are defiantly more defensive of their outwardness than their inwardness.

But our outward appearance should reflect the image of God we were created in both male and female.

And that includes some of the very immodest apparel on women.And I mean at Church as well.

Just a note here that just because someone will not "ACCEPT" you does not mean they are judging or condemning of a person as I think that is very important to say. I mean some people want accept you simply because you have an ugly wart on your face or silly things like that. It's you acceptance in the eyes of God that is the important thing in a persons life that matters above all else.

People can not help that.Or a very visible birthmark.That would be cruel but I have seen it happen.Sad to say.

If I was ever forced to get a tattoo I would get a small cross on my ring finger   :mgcheerful:

0221502383c694673804069eb83e7301.jpg

Shiloh's description of the reasoning behind those verses was correct. It was about "not" looking like the Pagans of the times when those laws were written.

Hi Hippie, I know that this response was to Butero but I wanted to respond to a few things here in which I noticed. First not I want you to notice that these are the things that you have stated personally. Second I want it to be know right up front as well that I have no judgment on those who have long hair or tattoo's prior to salvation.

But you have said here that you believe that Shiloh's description of the reasoning behind the words in the 1 Corinthian passage of text was correct meaning you agreed with his said interpretation of the passage in question. Then you proceed to delve further into Shiloh's interpretation of the passage by saying "It was about "NOT" looking like the "Pagans" of the times when those laws were written."

Do you not understand the postion on hair length you have taken concerning those who have long hair today. You are saying that one should not be looking like the Pagans (heathens or nonbelievers) of the times. You are basically saying whether you realize it or not that having long hair is attributed to the heathens and unbelievers in appearance in said day and not to believers or saints. We are still in NT testament times after the cross and the passage in 1 Corinthians was after the cross and the teachings are not absolete.  The scriptures were written for our learning.

This quote is Hippie's that was added to the end of my words in the post. I want to point out these were not my words but his in relation to his interpretation.

It means that each type of Pagan had a certain look that expressed their belief.... Hairstyle, burnt beard edges...scarring....writing their gods name on their body - it was all to do with showing who they worshiped. It has nothing to do with why people look like they do in most cases today. 

Hippie

Is this your biblical position and interpretation or is it some book arthurs position and interpretation or just your own personal interpretation? I mean none of this is even mentioned in the 1 Corinthians passage in question so it naturally makes me scratch by head. What is your source?