LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

If I was ever forced to get a tattoo I would get a small cross on my ring finger   :mgcheerful:

0221502383c694673804069eb83e7301.jpg

That would be kind of cool, bopeep.  The only problem is.....they use a NEEDLE to apply those things!  :happyhappy:

Are you needle phobic?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

I have gone through the passage and broken it down.  I would be happy to go verse by verse with anyone that thinks they can dispute what I said about the passage, not based on commentaries or so called historians, but based on the actual text. 

Ok , Just curious, According to the bible, how long off the head does hair have to be to be considered long? How about short? What standard of measure is given to determine what is long  in scripture? If this is about obedience to scripture than this is a sin issue. Disobedience to scripture is sin. To willfully transgress God's will is sin. So The bible must make clear how long hair has to be for it to be long. Also, how short hair has to be to be to short for women. Long or short It can't be opinion. Please give scripture to support your view for length of both long and short hair.

Guest Butero

I have addressed that already more than once in this thread.  The Bible must not do any such a thing.  It simply says the man's hair is to be short and the woman's hair is to be long.  It is a judgment call by the individual.  There is no set number of inches in length, and I have already said that more than one time.  If a man can honestly say his hair is short, who am I to dispute that?  If a woman can honestly say her hair is long, who am I to dispute that?  God knows we aren't complete morons, and we know what long and short is without giving us a ruler measurement.  I know when my hair is short, and I know when it is getting shaggy, but not really long.  I know if it gets to a place where I would describe it as being long.  I have never heard anyone incapable of saying if their hair is long or short, ever.  They will either say, long, short or shoulder length, which is neither here nor there.  Again, the Bible says what it says.  God chose to mention long and short without giving exact measurements, and all the excuses in the world won't change that.  All the feeble attempts to claim we can't do what God said won't change that.  It is what it is. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

I have addressed that already more than once in this thread.  The Bible must not do any such a thing.  It simply says the man's hair is to be short and the woman's hair is to be long.  It is a judgment call by the individual.  There is no set number of inches in length, and I have already said that more than one time.  If a man can honestly say his hair is short, who am I to dispute that?  If a woman can honestly say her hair is long, who am I to dispute that?  God knows we aren't complete morons, and we know what long and short is without giving us a ruler measurement.  I know when my hair is short, and I know when it is getting shaggy, but not really long.  I know if it gets to a place where I would describe it as being long.  I have never heard anyone incapable of saying if their hair is long or short, ever.  They will either say, long, short or shoulder length, which is neither here nor there.  Again, the Bible says what it says.  God chose to mention long and short without giving exact measurements, and all the excuses in the world won't change that.  All the feeble attempts to claim we can't do what God said won't change that.  It is what it is. 

I thought that a woman's hair was not to be cut at all.

Guest Butero

The text in 1 Corinthians doesn't say that.  The United Pentecostal Church makes that claim, I suppose to be absolutely sure they don't do something wrong.  I guess if a woman never cuts her hair, it will in most cases get pretty long, but I am only interested in what the Bible says, not a denomination. 

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92

I feel like I should say that I think each of us are serving God the best that we know how too. Rather we agree with long hair or disagree with long hair. Rather we agree with tattoos or disagree with tattoos. Of if we read the KJV Bible or the NIV . I do not think that anyone doing the best that they can to serve God should be criticized or look down upon by follow believers.  That is all I want to say.

Sounds good, but is this backed up by Scripture?

Yes I think so.

Romans 14:1-4

Accept the one whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters. 2One person’s faith allows them to eat anything, but another, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. 3The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them. 4Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

If we trespass God's revealed will than that is sin, Period ! If it is God's will that all men have short hair and all women have long hair then to trespass that is to Trespass God's will. There is no sin in scripture that is up to us if it's a sin or not. So scripture , ( like in all other cases ) has to be clear on hair length. God is very precise on every thing else. Surely since it's God will for every man to have short hair and every women to have long hair , God left precise instructions on hair length.

Unless of course Shiloh was correct in his understanding of this verse and the context that we should understand it in! I am not trying to be a smart alack. I am just trying the only way I can think to show my thoughts on this. Also, For the record, I agree with Shiloh's understanding of this verse. 

Edited by firestormx

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

But I can and will tell you that your ministry in the Lord will be hindered because you have gotten those tattoo's prior to salvation. 

I disagree.  It is a living testimony to Joe's post #104.

That's is fine if you want to disagree. But I can tell you that no matter if it's a living testimony on one's part or not the ministry in some circles will be hinderered as some will be unaccepting of those with them. I speak from personal experience on my part.

Guest Butero

That is absolute bunk.  God does not have to be precise in giving us measurements.  I have already proved Shiloh is wrong by going through the text section by section, and it is no surprise to me that nobody has tried to address the actual text.  All they have done is tried to come up with phony reasons we aren't required to obey the scripture.  Another thing you are wrong about is the issue of this being a sin.  It actually calls it a shame.  There is a difference.  The Bible also makes a distinction between sins unto death and sins that are not unto death.  All sins are not equal.  I don't consider this a sin issue, so much as it shows how close to God we wish to walk.  No matter how many attempts you make to say the scriptures don't mean what they plainly say, the text is there to show you are wrong, but Firestormx, perhaps you would like to go through the text verse by verse in the Soapbox and try to prove me wrong?  I don't believe you or anyone else can do it.  If we take it as written, it means exactly what it said it means.  You have to come up with extra-Biblical arguments and excuses to even pretend like you have a valid argument.  Also, I would point out that Shiloh hasn't even provided any sources for the claims he made, Biblical or extra-Biblical.  You are wanting to latch on to what he said because it defends your point of view, but it is based on nothing. 

Guest Butero

One other quick thing.  Lets suppose that Shiloh were right, and he clearly is not.  How was the Corinthian church to discern long from short?  He didn't give them the precise measurements.