• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Well, I thought it was the O.P. who decides what a topic is, and that was not about affording homeshooling, but:

"Are you ever worried that your child will be discriminated against in the workforce after they graduate because the were homeschooled?"

Discrimination, and economics, seem like different topics to me. We changed the subject, as often happens here on the forums..

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Well, I thought it was the O.P. who decides what a topic is, and that was not about affording homeshooling, but:

"Are you ever worried that your child will be discriminated against in the workforce after they graduate because the were homeschooled?"

Discrimination, and economics, seem like different topics to me. We changed the subject, as often happens here on the forums..

I agree a topic does change and get derailed but I do think that the financial aspects of homeschooling comes under the OP topic.

• Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Fine, whatever, you get the last word :)

• Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

you get the last word :)

~

Thanks.... $$$

Last~!

:)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Fine, whatever, you get the last word :)

No Joe does   :grin:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1989

Are you ever worried that your child will be discriminated against in the workforce after they graduate because the were homeschooled? This question is also to those who send their children to private Christian school. 

I'm not a mother, but I was homeschooled myself. My personal experience as an adult out in the 'real world' and having only been home-educated has been a positive one. I am actually self-employed and run two small businesses. I'm in contact with my clients every day, and every one of them have been thoroughly impressed with me and are always surprised to find that I was homeschooled. That usually makes them more impressed. ...My brother (he and all of my siblings were homeschooled as well) was always praised because of his strong work ethic, knowledge, and skills. My 18-year-old niece, who too was homeschooled, is constantly being praised by her boss and fellow employees because of her professionalism, skills, and complete competence. 

When homeschoolers are given a chance in the workforce, the vast majority almost always prove successful and impressive. They often end up the favorite employee. Obviously, this isn't always the case, but for the most part, yes. 

No matter how one learns (and we all learn differently), a more one-on-one teacher/student experience is almost always going to prove most beneficial.