• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,627
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shabbat shalom, Ezra.

My question to you all is, Do you read and understand a difference between these 2? If not, How do you read and understand them?  If you do read a difference, then what differences do you see?

The simplest way to understand this is that when Jesus of Nazareth came to Israel, He came as their Messiah-King.  Therefore as long as He was on earth, it was "the Gospel of the Kingdom", and even there this phrase occurs only in Matthew and Mark. 

After the King was rejected and crucified, it was no longer the Gospel of the Kingdom.   But at its core it was the Gospel of Salvation by grace through faith in the Person and finished work of Christ, which is the Everlasting Gospel.

At the same time, Jesus said that "the Kingdom of God is within you", and therefore you will find "the Kingdom of God" (the rule of Christ over the Church) mentioned over and over again in the epistles. This Kingdom is presently invisible ("my Kingdom is not of this world"), but will be established as a visible Kingdom at the beginning of the Millennium, and will remain for eternity.

This is not aimed entirely at you, Ezra, but you people NAUSEATE me sometimes with this GUNK about “the Kingdom of God is within you!"

How many times must it be said before it sinks in?!

Look at the context (AGAIN!):

Luke 17:20-21
20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within (Greek: entos) you.
KJV

Here’s the Greek:

Kata Loukan 17:20-21

20 Eperooteetheis de hupo toon Farisaioon pote erchetai hee basileia tou Theou apekrithee autois kai eipen, “Ouk erchetai hee basileia tou Theou meta parateereeseoos,

21 oude erousin, ‘Idou hoode!’ ee ‘Ekei,” idou gar hee basileia tou Theou entos humoon estin.”

UBS Greek New Testament (with English punctuation added)

20 Eperooteetheis = 20 Having-been-asked/questioned/interrogated

de = but

hupo = under

toon = the

Farisaioon = Pharisees/Separatists

pote = when

erchetai = is-coming

hee = the

basileia = Kingdom

tou = of-the

Theou = God

apekrithee = he-answered/responded

autois = to-them

kai = and/also

eipen, = he-said, 

“Ouk = “Not

erchetai = is-coming

hee = the

basileia = Kingdom

tou = of-the

Theou = God

meta = with

parateereeseoos, = inspection,

21 oude = 21 neither/nor

erousin, = will-they-say,

‘Idou = ‘Look

hoode!’ = here!’

ee = or

‘Ekei,’  = ‘There,’ 

idou = look

gar = for

hee = the 

basileia = Kingdom

tou = of-the

Theou = God

entos = within/among

humoon = you

estin.” = is.”

That “entosMAY be translated as “within,” but HERE it should have been translated with “AMONG!” He’s not talking about the Kingdom of God being “within” each one of the PHARISEES! He is talking about the Kingdom of God being AMONG the GROUP of the Pharisees! The word “humoon,” being a PLURAL pronoun, is like saying “all of you” or “you all” or “y’all!” And, the Kingdom of God was right there among them because HE, being the King of that Kingdom of God, was STANDING RIGHT THERE AMONG THEM!

​That’s not just an OPINION, people; that’s the way the WORD OF GOD STATES IT!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

Shabbat shalom, firestormx.

I've been Studying  the difference between the Gospel of salvation vs the Gospel of the Kingdom in scripture. It started actually from a post here at worthy, but I don't remember who posted it or what thread the post was in ( I want to say Retrobyter  But I'm not sure). The more I actually read the bible on this the more I am convinced that they are not the same thing. The gospel that most churches teach ( at least where I am from ) that I have been exposed to is Incomplete by teaching the Gospel of salvation. The Gospel of the kingdom is what Jesus, Jesus' 12 disciples, and Paul all taught. My question to you all is, Do you read and understand a difference between these 2? If not, How do you read and understand them?  If you do read a difference, then what differences do you see?

Thank you

Firestormx

P.S. I hope to start a conversation with this but I'm not sure how much time I'll have to contribute to this thread. I will try to check in as much as I can.

You are close, brother. They DO appear to be far different when they ought not to be different AT ALL! Latch onto that difference you see and pursue it! You will find, in your studies, that this is not the ONLY word that is so radically different!

Shabbat shalom, Ezra.

My question to you all is, Do you read and understand a difference between these 2? If not, How do you read and understand them?  If you do read a difference, then what differences do you see?

The simplest way to understand this is that when Jesus of Nazareth came to Israel, He came as their Messiah-King.  Therefore as long as He was on earth, it was "the Gospel of the Kingdom", and even there this phrase occurs only in Matthew and Mark. 

After the King was rejected and crucified, it was no longer the Gospel of the Kingdom.   But at its core it was the Gospel of Salvation by grace through faith in the Person and finished work of Christ, which is the Everlasting Gospel.

At the same time, Jesus said that "the Kingdom of God is within you", and therefore you will find "the Kingdom of God" (the rule of Christ over the Church) mentioned over and over again in the epistles. This Kingdom is presently invisible ("my Kingdom is not of this world"), but will be established as a visible Kingdom at the beginning of the Millennium, and will remain for eternity.

Sorry, bro’, but that is wrong. Paul didn’t have a different “gospel” than did Yeshua` (Jesus)! Furthermore, the “Kingdom of God” is NOT “the rule of Christ over the Church!” Whatever YOU may choose to call that statement, THAT is “Replacement Theology,” the idea that God REPLACED Israel as the people for His Kingdom with the Church! First of all, while the children of Israel, particularly the leaders of the tribe of Y'hudah (Judah), led by the P’ruwshiym (Pharisees or Separatists), cohaniym (priests), Levi’iym (Levites), and the Sanhedrin, rejected Yeshua` as haMashiyach Elohiym (the Messiah of God or "God’s Christ," God’s Anointed One), the One chosen by God to be their Melekh (their King), that does NOT mean that they ceased to be His Kingdom!

The only thing it did was to POSTPONE His Kingdom to a later group of Israel’s children! Yeshua` made the charge and the ruling:

Matthew 23:37-39

37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
KJV

This is SO important to understand: The little word “till” (or “until” we would say today) is the Greek word “heoos." Thus, the desolation that He pronounced on the household of Israel (NOT the “temple!”) IS NOT PERMANENT AND SHALL BE LIFTED when they can say, “Baruwkh haba’ b-shem YHWH!” That’s the Hebrew phrase that is found in Psalm 118:26 from whence this phrase “Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord” comes! The phrase means “Welcome, the-Comer in-name of-YHWH.” And, since “in-name” refers to “on-the-authority,” then it means “Welcome, Comer on the authority of YHWH!” When they recognize Him (FINALLY) as the Messiah of God - the One who comes with the authority of God to set up His Kingdom - He shall return, and not a moment before!

Do you think Yeshua` was MISTAKEN when He said IN THE VERY NEXT CHAPTER OF MATTHEW these words?

Matthew 24:14
14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
KJV

I submit to you all that we haven’t even BEGUN to preach this “gospel of the Kingdom!” And, Yeshua` said the end wouldn’t come and He wouldn’t return until we got it done!

Don’t forget the MEAT of Yeshua`s parable:

Luke 19:11-28

11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.
12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.
13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.
14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.
15 And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.
16 Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds.
17 And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.
18 And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds.
19 And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities.
20 And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin:
21 For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow.
22 And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow:
23 Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury?
24 And he said unto them that stood by, Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds.
25 (And they said unto him, Lord, he hath ten pounds.)
26 For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him.
27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.
28 And when he had thus spoken, he went before, ascending up to Jerusalem.
KJV

He shall be their King at GOD’S decree, and Gentile believers didn’t “replace” them AT ALL!!!

Psalm 2:1-12
1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?
2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed (His Messiah), saying,
3 "Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us."
4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the LORD shall have them in derision.
5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.
6 "Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.
7 I will declare the decree: 'the LORD hath said unto me, <Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.>'
10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.
11 Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him."
KJV

God SHALL have His Messiah ruling and reigning over Israel and LITERALLY fulfill all the prophecies that proclaim it!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

Sorry, bro’, but that is wrong. Paul didn’t have a different “gospel” than did Yeshua` (Jesus)!

Who said that Paul had a different Gospel? Did you miss reading this?

But at its core it was the Gospel of Salvation by grace through faith in the Person and finished work of Christ, which is the Everlasting Gospel.

There is no denying that "the Gospel of the Kingdom" is the phrase which is limited to the time that Christ was on earth.  But as mentioned above, it is the same Gospel of salvation by grace through faith.

Shabbat shalom, Ezra.

Sorry, bro’, but that is wrong. Paul didn’t have a different “gospel” than did Yeshua` (Jesus)!

But at its core it was the Gospel of Salvation by grace through faith in the Person and finished work of Christ, which is the Everlasting Gospel.

There is no denying that "the Gospel of the Kingdom" is the phrase which is limited to the time that Christ was on earth.  But as mentioned above, it is the same Gospel of salvation by grace through faith.

Did you miss something in your reading? It was NOT "limited to the time that Christ the Messiah was on earth!” Look again:

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
KJV

Shabbat shalom, Ezra.

Did you miss something in your reading? It was NOT "limited to the time that Christ the Messiah was on earth!” Look again:

KJV

It is called "the Gospel of the Kingdom" while Christ is still on earth, and in His own words because He is still present and the King-Messiah.

From the Acts of the Apostles onwards, there is no mention of "the Gospel of the Kingdom".  While "the Kingdom of God" is mentioned again and again, the Gospel is called (from Acts onwards):

1. The Gospel

2. The Gospel of the Grace of God

3. The Gospel of God

4. The Gospel of His Son

5. The Gospel of Peace

6. The Gospel of Christ

7. Christ's Gospel 

8. The Glorious Gospel of Christ

9. The Everlasting Gospel

10. My Gospel (with reference to Paul)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

Shabbat shalom, Ezra.

KJV

It is called "the Gospel of the Kingdom" while Christ is still on earth, and in His own words because He is still present and the King-Messiah.

From the Acts of the Apostles onwards, there is no mention of "the Gospel of the Kingdom".  While "the Kingdom of God" is mentioned again and again, the Gospel is called (from Acts onwards):

1. The Gospel

2. The Gospel of the Grace of God

3. The Gospel of God

4. The Gospel of His Son

5. The Gospel of Peace

6. The Gospel of Christ

7. Christ's Gospel 

8. The Glorious Gospel of Christ

9. The Everlasting Gospel

10. My Gospel (with reference to Paul)

Acts 28:23

And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.

Acts 28:30-31

And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him,

Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.

When I have been researching this one of the verses I come upon was these verses. This verse says Paul was preaching the kingdom of God. To me, that's no different than saying gospel of the kingdom. What is preaching? I thought it was proclaiming the good news or the gospel. So what Gospel was Paul proclaiming or preaching???? the kingdom of God? Can you explain the error you believe I have made in this thinking? 

Thank you

Shabbat shalom, firestormx.

I've been Studying  the difference between the Gospel of salvation vs the Gospel of the Kingdom in scripture. It started actually from a post here at worthy, but I don't remember who posted it or what thread the post was in ( I want to say Retrobyter  But I'm not sure). The more I actually read the bible on this the more I am convinced that they are not the same thing. The gospel that most churches teach ( at least where I am from ) that I have been exposed to is Incomplete by teaching the Gospel of salvation. The Gospel of the kingdom is what Jesus, Jesus' 12 disciples, and Paul all taught. My question to you all is, Do you read and understand a difference between these 2? If not, How do you read and understand them?  If you do read a difference, then what differences do you see?

Thank you

Firestormx

P.S. I hope to start a conversation with this but I'm not sure how much time I'll have to contribute to this thread. I will try to check in as much as I can.

You are close, brother. They DO appear to be far different when they ought not to be different AT ALL! Latch onto that difference you see and pursue it! You will find, in your studies, that this is not the ONLY word that is so radically different!

I remember the post you made now, I think. It was about Matthew 24:14 which say " this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached unto all nations as a witness and then the end shall come". You were expounding on that verse and how we have barely begun to do it. Some questioned you about it and you went into the differences between the Gospel most teach now vs the gospel of the kingdom. I will always be grateful for that post. 

Thank you

I want to say thank you to everyone that has posted. It has been an interesting discussion that I hope continues. 

And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.

Acts 28:30-31

And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him, Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.

When I have been researching this one of the verses I come upon was these verses. This verse says Paul was preaching the kingdom of God. To me, that's no different than saying gospel of the kingdom. What is preaching? I thought it was proclaiming the good news or the gospel. So what Gospel was Paul proclaiming or preaching???? the kingdom of God? Can you explain the error you believe I have made in this thinking? 

Firestormx,

I think we can all agree that the Holy Spirit has chosen His words carefully throughout Scripture, and even the difference between singular and plural can establish doctrine.  So while Paul was preaching, teaching, and expounding "the Kingdom of God" the Holy Spirit chose to avoid calling the Gospel "the Gospel of the Kingdom" from the time of the crucifixion.  Why?

1. The King had been crucified and was now seated on His throne at the right of the Father, waiting for the appointed time to return to earth.

2. The King had been rejected and judgment would soon come upon Israel in 70 AD, and Jerusalem and the Temple would be destroyed.  The Jews would then be scattered to the four corners of the earth until the Second Coming.

3. The literal kingdom of Israel had been postponed, and now the Gospel was being preached to both Jews and Gentiles so that the Church would be established.

4. The literal Kingdom of God would only be established on earth after the Millennium.

So when we read that Paul was preaching "the Kingdom of God" it means that he was giving his hearers not only the Gospel of the Grace of God, but the whole counsel of God, including the fact that during the Church Age the Kingdom of God would not be externally visible, but would certainly be established at the appointed time. Everything in the epistles pertains to the Kingdom of God, including the fact that believers are the Church and a Royal Priesthood, that there will be a Rapture/Resurrection, and many other New Testament truths. In brief, all NT truth pertains to the Kingdom of God, which will eventually be established on earth but is presently in the hearts and minds of believers.