missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

I just purchased a book by John F. Walvoord titled "Revelation".He is a pre tribulation teacher.The book came highly recommended so I can study the book of Revelation.Does anyone have any information about John F. Walvoord?Have you heard of him?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Hi bopeep1909,

I purchased a book by John F. Walvoord last year entitled "Every Prophecy of the Bible".  He explains every verse of prohecy; giving his explanation of what and when it happened or may happen.  I wanted to compare my thoughts on certain prophecies against someone else's.  I enjoyed reading the book.  I do not know much about him though.

Jeff

Hi bopeep1909,

I purchased a book by John F. Walvoord last year entitled "Every Prophecy of the Bible".  He explains every verse of prohecy; giving his explanation of what and when it happened or may happen.  I wanted to compare my thoughts on certain prophecies against someone else's.  I enjoyed reading the book.  I do not know much about him though.

Jeff

Thank you for your input   :mgcheerful:

Guest shiloh357

I don't know that much about him but the pre-trib rapture view is something people either swear by, or swear at.   So depending on what people think about that view, some will complement him and others will vilify him.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

I just purchased a book by John F. Walvoord titled "Revelation".He is a pre tribulation teacher.The book came highly recommended so I can study the book of Revelation.Does anyone have any information about John F. Walvoord?Have you heard of him?

He is well-respected and sound in his theology.  He was president of Dallas Theological Seminary and editor of Bibliotheca Sacra for many years.  He has written other books also. He is a Dispensationalist and believes in the Pre-Tribulation Rapture.

He is well-respected and sound in his theology.  He was president of Dallas Theological Seminary and editor of Bibliotheca Sacra for many years.  He has written other books also. He is a Dispensationalist and believes in the Pre-Tribulation Rapture.

Thank you Ezra.That is what I found on the computer but I just wanted confirmation  :mgcheerful: .

I don't know that much about him but the pre-trib rapture view is something people either swear by, or swear at.   So depending on what people think about that view, some will complement him and others will vilify him.

Ummm...you've got that right   :26: .

Guest shiloh357

I do know that he was a professor at Dallas Theological Seminary.   That is a very good seminary and teaches sound doctrine.   I personally have found everyone who teaches at that seminary to be very profitable to read.

I am always so sceptical.I just want a good sound teacher who teaches the truth.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

I am always so sceptical.I just want a good sound teacher who teaches the truth.

Well, some people define the truth as a dispensational, pre-trib rapture. If that is the truth (I highly doubt it) then yes, Walvoord teaches it. If someone where to ask me for a scholarly teacher of pre-trib eschatology, Walvoord would be the first person to come to mind. If you want a man, who has really done his homework from the pre-trib perspective, Walvoord was your man (he died about 10 or 15 years ago as I recall.

Though I have little respect for his conclusions, I have great respect for the man, I have his Bible Knowledge Commentary, The Rapture Question, Five Views on Sanctification. Armegeddon, Oil, and the Middle East Crisis, and the Revelation of Jesus Christ.

The fact that I have so many books by a guy I disagree with, says a lot about what I think of his hard work over the years.