IGNORED

the sky is falling ... again

ayin jade

Guest shiloh357

I don't know anyone who  thinks that way.  It appears you have a one dimensional argument that makes unwarranted assumptions about everyone else.  I have already stated that no one thinks that we have made no impact on the environment, but the fact is that neither are we destroying the planet, either.

Environmentalist wackos always over state the effect humanity is actually having on the earth.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.06
  • Days Won:  78

It seem to me you are just using some weak article not of the original source as the best presentation of the view point of mass extinction, without investigating the best evidence supporting that view, thinking about it and analyzing the validity. It looks like you already have a set view and just find weak articles arguing for a view opposing your view, to show how opposing view is poor. Why are you making your case base on a news article? News articles are always general, derivative and never the source in science. When trying to disprove a view point you need to find the best viewpoint and evidence for that view point you are against and refute them, instead of weak presentation and evidence.

You have a basic understanding of how to refute a viewpoint.  You also have a mindset that pretty much precludes the Truth.  Yes, man has affected the environment.  No, we are not the cause of extinctions and major global climate change.  To assume that you have to have a grossly inflated view of man's importance and a lack of understanding of who is truly in control.  In essence, your view elevates man to the level of an idol.  God is the only one in control of the planet, my friend.   Just a small factoid to consider:  99% of all species that have ever lived are extinct.  Most became that way before man was created.  That should tell you something.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

First there was supposed to be an ice age, then global warming, now just climate change.......and don't forget we were supposed to have an extra foot or so of the ocean level.  They change it as necessary to cover their statements. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  239
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/20/1959

First there was supposed to be an ice age, then global warming, now just climate change.......and don't forget we were supposed to have an extra foot or so of the ocean level.  They change it as necessary to cover their statements.

There was never supposed to be an ice age, in the 70s time and Newsweek had competing articles based on the musings of a few meteorologist, it was never a position of mainstream science. The only real prediction of cooling from a scientist dealt with aerosols, which were then greatly reduced. So he may well had been right had people not responded correctly.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  684
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

It seem to me you are just using some weak article not of the original source as the best presentation of the view point of mass extinction, without investigating the best evidence supporting that view, thinking about it and analyzing the validity. It looks like you already have a set view and just find weak articles arguing for a view opposing your view, to show how opposing view is poor. Why are you making your case base on a news article? News articles are always general, derivative and never the source in science. When trying to disprove a view point you need to find the best viewpoint and evidence for that view point you are against and refute them, instead of weak presentation and evidence.

You have a basic understanding of how to refute a viewpoint.  You also have a mindset that pretty much precludes the Truth.  Yes, man has affected the environment.  No, we are not the cause of extinctions and major global climate change.  To assume that you have to have a grossly inflated view of man's importance and a lack of understanding of who is truly in control.  In essence, your view elevates man to the level of an idol.  God is the only one in control of the planet, my friend.   Just a small factoid to consider:  99% of all species that have ever lived are extinct.  Most became that way before man was created.  That should tell you something.

I have a viewpoint that preclude truth? Really now, what makes you think your 'truth' is the truth and if I don't accept it I am opposed to truth. Please show evidence to support your point instead of stereotyping people.

Now please answer this. I thought you believe in 7day creation. How can 99% of all species that ever lived become extinct before man was created? Also, I know there are people that believe that there were no death before man sinned, if that is true, how does 99% of all species die before man was created. You really ought to get your story straight. If you believe in 7 day creation you are living in a lot of contradictions.

I'm not even talking about man caused climate change, you guys love to group everyone who have different view than you into a single group you think you know so well.

So I guess you believe man never hunted Sharks, Whales and Rhinos and plenty of others into extinction? It is actually pretty easy to cause mass extinction, you can see how fragile the environment is by dumping toxins into lakes and ponds, and see how many organisms actually survive. That is extinction on a small scale, now apply the same methods to our oceans. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.06
  • Days Won:  78

I have a viewpoint that preclude truth? Really now, what makes you think your 'truth' is the truth and if I don't accept it I am opposed to truth. Please show evidence to support your point instead of stereotyping people.

Now please answer this. I thought you believe in 7day creation. How can 99% of all species that ever lived become extinct before man was created? Also, I know there are people that believe that there were no death before man sinned, if that is true, how does 99% of all species die before man was created. You really ought to get your story straight. If you believe in 7 day creation you are living in a lot of contradictions.

I'm not even talking about man caused climate change, you guys love to group everyone who have different view than you into a single group you think you know so well.

So I guess you believe man never hunted Sharks, Whales and Rhinos and plenty of others into extinction? It is actually pretty easy to cause mass extinction, you can see how fragile the environment is by dumping toxins into lakes and ponds, and see how many organisms actually survive. That is extinction on a small scale, now apply the same methods to our oceans. 

While talking about lumping people into a group, why do you use the term 'you guys'?  I think for myself and yes, I am a Creationist.  I believe the world existed for a long time before God created our species. And yes, most species are, indeed, extinct.  Again, you place man too high in importance if you think that the world is shaped solely by what we do....or don't do.  We are to be good stewards of the Earth...that's all; it doesn't belong to us.  And I'm proud of how far my country has come in cleaning up the environment.  Can't say that about a lot of other industrialized countries.  Btw, sharks, whales and rhinos are not extinct.

I have to agree with Shilo and MorningGlory, this world will be done when GOD declares it. We should respect the natural world as it is a gift from God in every way.  My observations , (and I used to support the environmentalist movement) is the green movement or global environmental movement is so full of lies, manipulation, false science , hypocrites and sheep.  It is sad how many of these people will get all emotional over trees or march to save a polar bear or whatever but when it comes to preserving a human life , they don't see the horror of killing unborn babies?  

Like I said, I do acknowledge that some of these environmental movement certainly are hijacked by special interested, certainly they would use any movement to gain political control, even Christian ones. But to reject all environmental movement because of some aspects of it being tainted is pretty prejudiced view. People like you have a lot of baggage and can't discuss topic on its own and have to bring in killing unborn babies into this. You are committing the ecological fallacy by saying that all people who strive to protect the environment don't see any problem killing unborn babies. Those two don't even connect.

While talking about lumping people into a group, why do you use the term 'you guys'?  I think for myself and yes, I am a Creationist.  I believe the world existed for a long time before God created our species. And yes, most species are, indeed, extinct.  Again, you place man too high in importance if you think that the world is shaped solely by what we do....or don't do.  We are to be good stewards of the Earth...that's all; it doesn't belong to us.  And I'm proud of how far my country has come in cleaning up the environment.  Can't say that about a lot of other industrialized countries.  Btw, sharks, whales and rhinos are not extinct.

Ah I see, so you don't believe in 7 day creation. Let see how long it takes until some passionate people pounce you for that.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,392
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Ah I see, so you don't believe in 7 day creation. Let see how long it takes until some passionate people pounce you for that.

you might be surprised as to how many might agree with her also.....    there are some that do not.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  239
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  05/20/1959

I have to agree with Shilo and MorningGlory, this world will be done when GOD declares it. We should respect the natural world as it is a gift from God in every way.  My observations , (and I used to support the environmentalist movement) is the green movement or global environmental movement is so full of lies, manipulation, false science , hypocrites and sheep.  It is sad how many of these people will get all emotional over trees or march to save a polar bear or whatever but when it comes to preserving a human life , they don't see the horror of killing unborn babies?

The position of the climate change theory is not that it is going destroy the world, that is nothing more than a strawman.