IGNORED

How Is A Christian Lady Supposed to Dress?

emekrus

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

Now I have to ask in light of what has been discussed within the thread is there a double standard in putting all the emphasis on how a woman is suppose to have a dress code in her manner of dress outwardly by only putting the emphasis in the chapter surrounding the verses used in the OP on how the women are just not listening to the Spirit of God. Is there lack of understanding on the subject of attitudes and the inward heart of the women and men in how they conduct themselves within a worship service. What do you think?

I have been so disappointed in the conduct and the way people who attend a church dress I do not attend a Church any longer.There may be a handful that are ok but many are hypocrites.

So.... let me see if I understand you. You no longer attend church because of the way some people dress for church? Or am I misunderstanding what you are saying?

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

My pastor yesterday (Sunday) at church said that Christians around the world are being beheaded for being Christians, and here we are arguing about dress codes. Think about it.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

My pastor yesterday (Sunday) at church said that Christians around the world are being beheaded for being Christians, and here we are arguing about dress codes. Think about it.

:)

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

How does a man dress when he is dressing inappropriately? 

Checkered Bermuda shorts, no socks, leather half sole house shoes, and a dirty "t" shirt... y' know, like all our Dad's did in the 1960's sporting the Drew Carey haircut and glasses.

:mgbowtie:

I could deal with that over some of the other looks I have seen.The dirty t shirt needs to be washed.My dad didn't dress like that so I guess I am the exception.

Hope you can find a good church home btw.

Even though Churches are steeped in human tradition, there is something to be gained through fellowship and / or corporate worship and Bible study.

Tried the Lone Ranger approach for far too long and when you are one of God's sheep off by yourself that's when the wolves of even our own humanity our own flesh attacks us.

Just concern for a sister in Christ.

From what I have seen I just as soon have my own "safe" worship at home.

Now I have to ask in light of what has been discussed within the thread is there a double standard in putting all the emphasis on how a woman is suppose to have a dress code in her manner of dress outwardly by only putting the emphasis in the chapter surrounding the verses used in the OP on how the women are just not listening to the Spirit of God. Is there lack of understanding on the subject of attitudes and the inward heart of the women and men in how they conduct themselves within a worship service. What do you think?

I have been so disappointed in the conduct and the way people who attend a church dress I do not attend a Church any longer.There may be a handful that are ok but many are hypocrites.

So.... let me see if I understand you. You no longer attend church because of the way some people dress for church? Or am I misunderstanding what you are saying?

You are misunderstanding what I am saying.The immodest dress of women at Church is just a part of the Church experience of today.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

I skipped over most pages, because I don't have time to read all 7 of them, so forgive me if I am repeating what someone else has already stated.  I agree with Tanusha, how someone dresses, should be up to how they want to present themselves to God.

I grew up a Southern Baptist, so it took me a very long time to give up dressing in slacks and ties.  But, to this day, even though I am no longer Southern Baptist, I refuse to wear shorts, sandals, flip-flops, and un-collared shirts to church.  It's not that I am concerned about what others think of me, but I do want to be respectful to the Church and of course YHWH.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Days Won:  0

I think we are discussing the topic of thread and not agruing a dress code.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Days Won:  0

The reference to Qatar;

I don't see how it honors the scripture of the Holy Bible to compare any reference to modesty interpreted or inferred to a cruel and devilish counterfeit that is clearly misogynist, oppressive and deadly.

I agree Qatar has no place here

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

The reference to Qatar;

I don't see how it honors the scripture of the Holy Bible to compare any reference to modesty interpreted or inferred to a cruel and devilish counterfeit that is clearly misogynist, oppressive and deadly.

:) I don't hear from anyone's comments in this thread any arguing only good hearted discussion of people's personal take and application for themselves.

As followers of Jesus Christ , it is in end, hopefully, the Holy Spirit who has the last word and acts as our own conscience in these matters.

I was being sarcastic. But yes, continue with this thinking n down the line, this would be the result, believe me. Christians are in no exception. My previous comment was sarcastic as well but i guess no one understood the tone i was giving. It perhaps may be n probably ppl's personal take on this matter, but i dont know if you realise the danger here. Davida, this topic isn't new. We had these similar threads and we know where this will lead. Edited by Tanusha