Sister

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

Isaiah 52:1   Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean.

There is a city of truth that exists.  One that we cannot see physically with our eyes, but with our understanding we should be able to see her and dwell in her spiritually.

This city is called Zion and she is heavenly.  She is a city of truth.  God dwells in this city, ...it belongs to him and he invites us also to dwell in her.  In her are all the commandments of God, his Word, his teachings, his truth, everything holy and true.  If we dwell in this city spiritually, she will teach us all spiritual things, she will give us light, comfort and life everlasting.

Hebrews 12:22   But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

I call her a SHE because God likens her to a woman;

Isaiah 51:3   For the LORD shall comfort Zion: he will comfort all her waste places; and he will make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the garden of the LORD; joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving, and the voice of melody.

A woman gives birth and multiplies. A woman always nurtures her children.  She feeds them and teaches them valuable lessons.

Many children will be born out of her - her teachings will produce children.

So we the children of God have been spiritually dwelling in Zion.  She is teaching us and we believe in her because she is TRUTH.  She transforms lives.  She is the star here, (her teachings) because she gives us true doctrine, truth, and we her children, also her students, "not yet perfect" should be feeding on her.

This invisible city Zion, will not be invisible forever to us, for she will come down.

Her glory is "her truth", in her "teachings".  All present will see her in her splendor.  She will be spectacular, dressed like a bride in white, pure, undefiled and she comes down with the Lamb of God to collect her children which she converted from out of her "teachings". 

Her children will be clothed in white as they have her righteousness covering them. 

Her children will rejoice in her with all the angels and it will be a great celebration, so spectacular.

Remember she's not a real woman.  She's God's teachings.  The Lamb of God delivered this to us.  There will be a union between the Lamb of God and his teachings.  It will be proven now that all he taught was true.  A spectacular event.

My point.  We are not the bride, the Lambs Wife.  We are not the star of the event.  The star is "the Lamb of God" and "the teachings" he gave us. We will rejoice also in this and will wear white garments, all clean now, to witness this spectacular occasion as "guests" of the wedding, we the invited, are not the bride, but invited because of her, we believed in her and dwelt in her,  and now with her we become one, perfected, and glory in her because we trusted the Lamb.

Zion is that woman who comes down with Christ.  Zion is the bride, the Lambs wife.

This is how I see it through the scriptures, can any one else see this?, or am I alone here?

I don't think we should take the glory, but that the glory goes to God and his Lamb for bringing us the truth required for our salvation.

John 3:29   He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.

Revelation 21:9   And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

Revelation 21:10   And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/14/1969

Isaiah 52:1   Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean.

There is a city of truth that exists.  One that we cannot see physically with our eyes, but with our understanding we should be able to see her and dwell in her spiritually.

This city is called Zion and she is heavenly.  She is a city of truth.  God dwells in this city, ...it belongs to him and he invites us also to dwell in her.  In her are all the commandments of God, his Word, his teachings, his truth, everything holy and true.  If we dwell in this city spiritually, she will teach us all spiritual things, she will give us light, comfort and life everlasting.

Hebrews 12:22   But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

I call her a SHE because God likens her to a woman;

Isaiah 51:3   For the LORD shall comfort Zion: he will comfort all her waste places; and he will make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the garden of the LORD; joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving, and the voice of melody.

A woman gives birth and multiplies. A woman always nurtures her children.  She feeds them and teaches them valuable lessons.

Many children will be born out of her - her teachings will produce children.

So we the children of God have been spiritually dwelling in Zion.  She is teaching us and we believe in her because she is TRUTH.  She transforms lives.  She is the star here, (her teachings) because she gives us true doctrine, truth, and we her children, also her students, "not yet perfect" should be feeding on her.

This invisible city Zion, will not be invisible forever to us, for she will come down.

Her glory is "her truth", in her "teachings".  All present will see her in her splendor.  She will be spectacular, dressed like a bride in white, pure, undefiled and she comes down with the Lamb of God to collect her children which she converted from out of her "teachings". 

Her children will be clothed in white as they have her righteousness covering them. 

Her children will rejoice in her with all the angels and it will be a great celebration, so spectacular.

Remember she's not a real woman.  She's God's teachings.  The Lamb of God delivered this to us.  There will be a union between the Lamb of God and his teachings.  It will be proven now that all he taught was true.  A spectacular event.

My point.  We are not the bride, the Lambs Wife.  We are not the star of the event.  The star is "the Lamb of God" and "the teachings" he gave us. We will rejoice also in this and will wear white garments, all clean now, to witness this spectacular occasion as "guests" of the wedding, we the invited, are not the bride, but invited because of her, we believed in her and dwelt in her,  and now with her we become one, perfected, and glory in her because we trusted the Lamb.

Zion is that woman who comes down with Christ.  Zion is the bride, the Lambs wife.

This is how I see it through the scriptures, can any one else see this?, or am I alone here?

I don't think we should take the glory, but that the glory goes to God and his Lamb for bringing us the truth required for our salvation.

John 3:29   He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.

Revelation 21:9   And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

Revelation 21:10   And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

Hello Sister,

Yes I see it & I agree with the interpretation too .. you are not alone.

God bless you.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

My point. We are not the bride, the Lambs Wife.

Since Christ is specifically called the Bridegroom (Mt 9:15; Jn 3:29), who then is the Bride?  Are they not "the saints" --  those who are joined to Him in an eternal and spiritual union? 

The Church is indeed the Bride who becomes the Lamb's Wife.  The Church is also the Body and the Building of Christ. The New Jerusalem (the eternal home of the saints) is simply a personification of the Wife of the Lamb in Rev 21.  God does not have union and communion with heavenly "bricks and mortar" but redeemed souls and spirits -- the saints.  And nowhere in Scripture will you find the teachings of Christ equated with the heavenly Jerusalem.  It is a remarkable CITY with twelve foundations -- evidently a cube.

Note carefully what is revealed in Scripture, instead of speculating (Rev 19:5-9,14; 21:9-11):

5 And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great.

6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.

7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God...

14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean...

9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,117
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

According to the Hebraic sages, and confirmed by Paul, there are three heavens or worlds above this one, "spiritual" realms. The highest is that of light-forms of Godliness, the middle is that of thought-forms of Godliness, and the lowest is the realm of affectional/emotional/soul-forms of Godliness. We live in the realm of physical-forms of Godliness: man is such a physical form, created in the image of God.

The highest two levels are collective ones, meaning that the New Jerusalem is a collective being made up of many souls. So when Sister writes, "we believed in her and dwelt in her,  and now with her we become one," she is correct. WE become ONE collective body, the Bride of Christ, the New Jerusalem, the heavenly Zion. Likewise Ezra is right when he says, "The New Jerusalem (the eternal home of the saints) is simply a personification of the Wife of the Lamb..."

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

The church is clearly referred to as the body of Christ:

so we, who are many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another.  Romans 12:5

Now you are Christ’s body, and individually members of it.  1 Corinthians 12:27

For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body.  Ephesians 5:23

The bride is clearly the heavenly Jerusalem:

Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and spoke with me, saying, “Come here, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.” And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God,  Revelation 21:9-10

Yes, Jesus is the bridegroom and the bride is made up of all of the saints.  The church, which is the body of Christ, in only a part of all the saints.  Don't forget about the old testament saints and I'm sure millennial saints as well.

So, I agree Sister.  It is a city for those who love the truth.  It's inhabitants are the saints, all of them, not just the body of Christ.  At least that's how I see it.

Hello Sister,

Yes I see it & I agree with the interpretation too .. you are not alone.

God bless you.

Hi Serving

Amen, I am glad you can see this also.

This woman is the same woman in Rev 12.  She already existed in heaven before Christ was even born!

This city of truth was always there with God from the beginning.

She is a heavenly city, and we are invited to come out of Babylon and dwell in her (her teachings which is truth)

My point. We are not the bride, the Lambs Wife.

Since Christ is specifically called the Bridegroom (Mt 9:15; Jn 3:29), who then is the Bride?  Are they not "the saints" --  those who are joined to Him in an eternal and spiritual union? 

Hi Ezra

Matthew 9:15   And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bridechamber mourn, as long as the bridegroom is with them? but the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken from them, and then shall they fast.

Jesus used parables to explain the moral of the story.  He uses characters as examples so that we can see the meaning behind what he is saying.

The meaning here is that the apostles did not yet mourn because he was still with them.  He was hinting that he would be taken from them, and then they would mourn.  They didn't quite understand that he would be killed.  That's the main point.

I will be back later to answer the other good points you made.

The Church is indeed the Bride who becomes the Lamb's Wife. 

Hi Ezra

If we are invited to spiritually dwell in this city until our change come as stated below;

Then the city already exists!

How can we be that city we were called into?

Do you see my point?

Now what I am trying to demonstrate, is that this holy city that comes down from heaven is "the true teachings" of God, the same teachings that convert our souls, the same doctrine, the same truth, the same laws and principles that apply in heaven that even the angels adhere to, but how can you picture the truth?  Truth has no form.  Pure doctrine has no shape, how else would you describe it's glory?

Revelation 19:7   Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

Revelation 19:8   And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

If we dwell in this city spiritually, then we obviously become a part of her.  This city, holy Jerusalem, is now clothed with the "righteousness" of the "saints."  She is now "adorned" with something you can see - converted men wearing God's righteousness on them (truth). They conquered because this city taught them, redeemed them, protected them, and now they bear witness in front of the whole world as living proof that every word spoken and promised to them was true because of the Lamb. 

Now this city is ready to come down to "all men", and this city will rule here on earth during the millennium. 

The resurrected saints are now part of the body yes, and they will have their jobs to do for the glory of God and of the Lamb.  Now they must bring Israel into this city, and the surviving nations.  This city is now approachable. The law will come forth from it.  We can see it with our eyes, it's not invisible any more or just an old story, but real, alive (to the world) and the most important thing is what this city teaches....truth which gives salvation.

Am I making any sense?

We are not the bride.  The bride is that city that comes down.  We are part of that building now, but not the bride.  We are not holy Jerusalem.  She existed before us.  How can she turn into us and become us?

I have all these questions brother.

And nowhere in Scripture will you find the teachings of Christ equated with the heavenly Jerusalem.  It is a remarkable CITY with twelve foundations -- evidently a cube.

Hi Ezra

No we will not find it written clear, but have to work it out.

The city does have 12 foundations, which are the 12 apostles.  It does have 12 gates which represent the 12 tribes of Israel,  and the walls measure 144 cubits which could be the 144,000?, the foundations of the walls are garnished with all manner of stones which are the saints, but all this is all spiritual and symbolic.  Can you image one little pearl on each gate?

The City is a cube because when it establishes on earth as it will have boundaries, also in the air, why is that?

The city now, the City of truth will rule here on earth and that is the real glory of the city, that the truth be preached with Christ leading as King.  It's the spiritual side to it that really matters, and because of it it brings peace.

According to the Hebraic sages, and confirmed by Paul, there are three heavens or worlds above this one, "spiritual" realms. The highest is that of light-forms of Godliness, the middle is that of thought-forms of Godliness, and the lowest is the realm of affectional/emotional/soul-forms of Godliness. We live in the realm of physical-forms of Godliness: man is such a physical form, created in the image of God.

The highest two levels are collective ones, meaning that the New Jerusalem is a collective being made up of many souls. So when Sister writes, "we believed in her and dwelt in her,  and now with her we become one," she is correct. WE become ONE collective body, the Bride of Christ, the New Jerusalem, the heavenly Zion. Likewise Ezra is right when he says, "The New Jerusalem (the eternal home of the saints) is simply a personification of the Wife of the Lamb..."

Thank you William