• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

Hi Serving,

In the kingdom itself of course, NOTHING evil can enter the boundaries .. nothing evil at all .. but .. the outside .. outside the kingdoms boundaries is where their "cages" are (Since there will be many ruins on the earth by then) .. and since you found it yourself, then you know it's not just my opinion, because you found it yourself without me quoting chapter or verse .. good work !!

Well....actually....you did reference it in

I don't want to hijack Sister's thread but do want to make a couple of comments.  The main point at issue for me is that the other fallen angels besides Satan (who is bound) won't be "free range chickens" allowed to go wherever and do whatever.  You present an interesting interpretation and I don't disagree with it because like you said, it's mostly speculation, and we agree on the main point.

Understanding what Babylon is and the references to it can be a bit elusive.

It is she who gave birth to unfaithfulness and abominations.  She is the mother thereof.

and on her forehead a name was written, a mystery, “BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.”  Rev 17:5

She was around when Cain murdered Abel.

And in her was found the blood of prophets and of saints and of all who have been slain on the earth.  Rev 18:24

I think Babylon, in a spiritual sense, refers to the kingdom of Satan and its influence upon the human race from the beginning.  Jeremiah foretold of this kingdom's destruction in reference to Babylon:

Behold, I am against you, O destroying mountain [kingdom], who destroys the whole earth,” declares the Lord, and I will stretch out My hand against you, and roll you down from the crags, and I will make you a burnt out mountain.  Jeremiah 51:25

Granted, this influence of evil has manifestations in the natural realm.  Based on Rev 17 where she sits on the seven kingdoms, its not a stretch to think that the great city Nineveh was the "Babylon" of the Assyrian empire, the same with Susa, Athens, Rome, etc.  Wherever the office of king resided in those kingdoms could be allegorically referred to as "Babylon".

So, when I approach the subject of "Babylon", I do so primarily from the spiritual source of it all...the kingdom of Satan, and secondarily from the natural perspective of brick and mortar cities.  With your understanding of Rev 18:2, the question arises as to whether every city qualifies or just the one described in Rev 17.  It's interesting to contemplate.

Thanks for sharing your view brother.  Blessings.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

There will be no demon activity at all during the 1,000 years.

I'm inclined to agree but am more interested in how you substantiate that statement.

If Satan is bound, do you really think that God will allow his minions to roam free?  While we are not told that Satan and all of his evil spirits and demons are bound during the Millennium, it is implied by fact that their prince or ruler is bound.  Therefore all his servants are also bound.  There can be absolutely no sin and evil during the Millennium, otherwise it would not be the Millennium.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

There will be two groups of people who will populate the 1000 year Millennium.Those with glorified bodies which will be the Christians who went up at the rapture and those who are resurrected after Christ returns to the earth.Their will be earthly bodies as well which will be believing Gentiles and believing Jews.All those who enter the Millennium at first will be believers.Those earthly believers will have children.Eventually those children will not be believers.Their will be a very large number of those non believers who will join Satan at the last of the Millennium for this final battle.Of course they will lose.

There will be no demon activity at all during the 1,000 years.

I'm inclined to agree but am more interested in how you substantiate that statement.

If Satan is bound, do you really think that God will allow his minions to roam free?  While we are not told that Satan and all of his evil spirits and demons are bound during the Millennium, it is implied by fact that their prince or ruler is bound.  Therefore all his servants are also bound.  There can be absolutely no sin and evil during the Millennium, otherwise it would not be the Millennium.

No, Ezra, I really don't think that his minions will roam free.  That's why I said I was inclined to agree with Shiloh357 as shown above.

Are you saying that no one will sin during the 1000 years?  Will the sin nature have been eradicated?  How do you support that notion?

Guest shiloh357

The Bible doesn't say that no one will sin during the Millennium.   Most of the time, we sin without Satan's help   Believers who survive the tribulation and enter the millennium will still have a sin nature and I believe they will have children who still have a sin nature.   Their children will live much longer and will have children as well and these are they that will form the army that Satan will assemble from the nations in one final assault on the kingdom after he is released

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

The Bible doesn't say that no one will sin during the Millennium.   Most of the time, we sin without Satan's help   Believers who survive the tribulation and enter the millennium will still have a sin nature and I believe they will have children who still have a sin nature.   Their children will live much longer and will have children as well and these are they that will form the army that Satan will assemble from the nations in one final assault on the kingdom after he is released

Yes,that is my belief.

This is my understanding as well.  The flesh, or sin nature, will still be active however the influence of evil spirits will cease...with the possible exception that Serving mentioned earlier concerning the ruins of Babylon and those who seek it.

I'm still interested in how Ezra supports this statement of his, especially the part I added effects to:

There can be absolutely no sin and evil during the Millennium, otherwise it would not be the Millennium.

If this is true, why the need to rule with a rod of iron?  Ezra?

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

Are you saying that no one will sin during the 1000 years? Will the sin nature have been eradicated? How do you support that notion?

That's a separate issue.  We all agree that Satan and his cohorts will be bound.  But the evidence that the sin nature will exist in humanity is shown by Rev 20:7-9, in which, upon his release, Satan deceives all the nations on the earth and gathers a countless multitude against Christ and Israel.  This is the final rebellion, after which Satan is cast into the Lake of Fire, and all the enemies of Christ are eradicated.

It is almost unbelievable that such a scenario will occur, but we have God's truth before us, therefore it will indeed happen as shown.  The book of Ezekiel provides further insight into the Battle of Gog and Magog.

Note: Christ's "rod of iron" (absolute control) will ensure that evil does not rear its ugly head during the Millennium.