• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

The only fact we know about being caught away is found in 1 Corinthians 15:50-53. Everything else is your personal theology.

Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption. Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

Maybe, but 2 Thess 2 (and others) seems like it is talking about it also, but I guess that is just my personal theology.

Now we request you, brethren, with regard to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him,  . . .

In any case, do we suppose that the Bible contains so much material on the topic, just to distract us? Or perhaps, we are supposed to examine it, study it, and try to form conclusions and avoid being deceived.

I am not one that would suggest that we should just stick to a single verse and almost imply that is all we can know.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

The only fact we know about being caught away is found in 1 Corinthians 15:50-53. Everything else is your personal theology.

Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption. Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

Yes,even though when taken literally it is quite obvious what it means some will take it and butcher it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

I am pre-wrath but don't know if I really want to get in to this topic. However, I will say this. Pre-wrath doesn't set a date. Pre-wrath states that the  wrath of God doesn't start till at the earliest till after the 6th seal. That's at the absolute earliest. That the rapture will take place sometime after the 6th seal at the earliest. No day or hour is given. It is not mid trib rapture. 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Maybe, but 2 Thess 2 (and others) seems like it is talking about it also, but I guess that is just my personal theology.

Now we request you, brethren, with regard to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him,  . . .

In any case, do we suppose that the Bible contains so much material on the topic, just to distract us? Or perhaps, we are supposed to examine it, study it, and try to form conclusions and avoid being deceived.

I am not one that would suggest that we should just stick to a single verse and almost imply that is all we can know.

All we are given besides the verse I quoted are signs of the season, not exact timing.  This verse tells us an exact timing, at the last trumpet.  Seasons are basic generalities.  People have been digging through scripture for thousands of years and how close are they to figuring it out?  Seems all people do is confuse the issue more and more.

All we are given besides the verse I quoted are signs of the season, not exact timing.  This verse tells us an exact timing, at the last trumpet.  Seasons are basic generalities.  People have been digging through scripture for thousands of years and how close are they to figuring it out?  Seems all people do is confuse the issue more and more.

I do not know why, after reading the scriptures, anyone would suppose that they can figure out the exact timing, but I do think it might be possible, to figure out the sequence of events, and then once those events have nearly all fallen into place, know that it is near, right at the door!

Edited by Omegaman 3.0
corrected a spelling error of mine - from "no" to "know"

I am pre-wrath but don't know if I really want to get in to this topic. However, I will say this. Pre-wrath doesn't set a date. Pre-wrath states that the  wrath of God doesn't start till at the earliest till after the 6th seal. That's at the absolute earliest. That the rapture will take place sometime after the 6th seal at the earliest. No day or hour is given. It is not mid trib rapture. 

Yeah, I thought the relating  of pre-wrathism to mid-tribism in that article, demonstrated either a lack of understanding of the position, or a lack of skill in presenting it. Now, if they has said that pre-wrathism is a form of "sometime after mid-trib but within Daniel's 70th weekism", that would be another story. 

I do not know why, after reading the scriptures, anyone would suppose that they can figure out the exact timing, but I do think it might be possible, to figure out the sequence of events, and then once those events have nearly all fallen into place, no that it is near, right at the door!

We are not supposed to know the exact timing.Date setting is not Biblical.

Well, the idea that date setting is not biblical, is also not biblical really, that is an interpretation of "no man knows the day or the hour", isn't it? In any case, I never said we could or should not the exact timing myself.

Yes,even though when taken literally it is quite obvious what it means some will take it and butcher it.

Note sure I even know what you are saying there bopeep, do you have an example?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

Note sure I even know what you are saying there bopeep, do you have an example?

We must only take Scripture literally.It is the only way to determine what God is trying to tell us.Many will take a verse of the Bible and give it their own meaning.Jesus took the Bible literally why shouldn't we?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

Yeah, I thought the relating  of pre-wrathism to mid-tribism in that article, demonstrated either a lack of understanding of the position, or a lack of skill in presenting it.

I think the same thing.