emekrus

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

For some years now, I have been hearing messages on kingdom prosperity. I have heard and have been practicing what I hear, with humongous results to show. But recently, as I was reading the book of the prophet Joel, God gave me a very striking revelation concerning his prosperity agenda for his Church.

As I read that very book of Joel chapter 2, God revealed to me in an unusual way, that outrageous prosperity, is one of the signs of the end time- before the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

From that scripture, it can be seen that amidst the outpouring of the Spirit of God, is also the outpouring of abundant material wealth: as can be seen from verses 23-26 of that Joel Chapter 2. It says…

Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the Lord your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month. And the floors shall be full of wheat and the vats shall overflow with wine and oil.

And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpillar, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you. And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.

And to enjoy this bountifulness of God’s supply, of course you have to play your part. By giving, by paying all your tithes and offering regularly. And ultimately, serving the Lord committedly and whole-heartedly…

Failure to do all these, you may never part-take of these end time blessings that God have destined for his Church. Why so? Because God operates on covenant terms.

In Exodus 23:25, the word of God says, you shall serve, and he will bless. So if you do not play your own part by serving, God will not be committed to playing his part as well. But on the other hand, after playing your part initially, and God blesses you…

How Then Does God Want Us to Spend The Blessings?

Does God want us to spend our financial or material blessings only on our selfish desires? Is it for self-aggrandizement? Is it only for our family members? Is it for accumulation and material extravagance? The answer to all of that is, no.  And these are the areas so many Christian believers are missing it.

The blessings God gives you, is a responsibility to you. You’re to spend it according to his will. And finally, on the last day, you will give account of it. The ignorance of this very fact have become the bane of so many believers today. And if they are not careful, many of them are not able to sustain the blessings; and worse still, it may even land many of them in Hell.

God blesses us to abound unto every good work. According to 2 Corinthians 9: 8-9, which says;

“And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work. As it is written, He hath dispersed abroad; he hath given to the poor: his righteousness remaineth forever.”

So God’s end time prosperity agenda is not for accumulation or self-aggrandizement. But rather, for us to abound unto every good works. Good works like: Investing into Evangelism, Church building and expansion; Giving to the less privileged- both in Church and outside the Church. Giving to charity.

In short, the good works are innumerable. Nevertheless, we must also give to ourselves and families, but we should give more outside, than on ourselves…

Why These Frivolities?

What’s the point as a believer, in having fleets of cars, when there are allots of people to be reached out to. One car is enough; or may be two, in case you have a large family. If you want a new brand, or just want a change, sell the one you have, and add money to it and get the new brand.

The remaining abundance you have, use it for the good works the scriptures talk about. So that your treasures can be in heaven as Jesus said. And your eyes also can be focused on heaven; and how you can make it there on the last day…

Because our Lord Jesus says in the book of Matthew 6: 19-21; “Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through or steal: for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.”

Now for you to part-take in this end-time divine wealth, you must first of all, give your heart to the Lord Jesus. Because according the scripture in 2 Corinthians 8:5, the Macedonian Church which the Apostle Paul is using for our example, first gave their selves to the Lord. So if you want to be a part-taker of this end-time humongous, prosperity of the Church…

You Must Be Born Again

If you want to accept The Lord Jesus as your Lord and personal savior or to rededicate yourself to God, place your right hand on your chest and say out this prayer…

Lord Jesus, today, I repent of my sins. I accept you into my heart as my Lord and personal savior. Wash me with your precious blood, you shared for me on the cross of Calvary. And write my name in the Lamb’s book of life. Thank you father for saving me in Jesus Name. Amen!

If you said that prayer, I pray for you right now from my heart, that you receive the power of God to get wealth in the Jesus Name! I pray also that you receive the grace to abound unto every good works with your wealth in Jesus Name! Your wealth will not lead you to hell, but rather to heaven in the mighty name of Jesus Christ!

Remain Blessed!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Abundance and prosperity from God, to me, means an overwhelming outpouring of His spirit on believers and the unbelievable gift of eternal life.  The give to get garbage is just that, garbage.  God never promises anyone material wealth in Scripture. 

Abundance and prosperity from God, to me, means an overwhelming outpouring of His spirit on believers and the unbelievable gift of eternal life.  The give to get garbage is just that, garbage.  God never promises anyone material wealth in Scripture. 

Well, with this your point of view, you might as well be debunking the truth in the scripture I quoted in the article, as well as the scripture that says; Christ became poor, though he was rich, so we can through his poverty become rich. And also the scripture that says; I wish above all things that thou may prosper and be in health even as thy soul prospereth--3 John 2.   ...... Wouldn't you think?

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Emekrus, I believe that the scriptures that you have presented deal with spiritual prosperity and not physical or material prosperity.  How else would you explain the coming and already present persecution of Christians?  We will not be the ones with all the wealth, for this world is under the control of satan at this time, and he does not want to share with us.  he wants to annihilate us.  We will be the poorest and the most lacking of all in the physical, but in the Spirit... ah, we are blessed with every spiritual blessing from God in abundant measure!

Remember, it is easier for a camel to go through The Eye of the Needle than it is for a rich man to get into heaven.

Blessings.

Guest shiloh357

Christ became poor when he went to the cross.   That is  redemptive statement and has nothing to do with finances.

The verse from 3 John was a normal greeting between friends in the ancient near east, not a statement from God that God wants every one to prosper financially.   There are  good reasons why God doesn't give every one  million dollars. 

Jesus said to lay up spiritual treasures in heaven, not on earth. 

Very well then, if your points of view is to hold water, then it stands to reason that our fathers in the faith, might have been abberants because they too enjoyed supernatural wealth.

You know saints such as Abraham (the Father of faith); Isaac-the son of promise. David- the man after God's own heart; Job-The Perfect and upright man. All these righteous folks enjoyed supernatural wealth, yet they are in the Kingdom of God (Or will you debunk that as well?).

Well, I believe if all these folks in spite of their historical wealth made it to the Kingdom of God, I and every other person that accepts the wealth of God according to its tenets will also make it to the Kingdom of God.

All the love,

Emeke

Christ became poor when he went to the cross.   That is  redemptive statement and has nothing to do with finances.

The verse from 3 John was a normal greeting between friends in the ancient near east, not a statement from God that God wants every one to prosper financially.   There are  good reasons why God doesn't give every one  million dollars. 

Jesus said to lay up spiritual treasures in heaven, not on earth.

So where do you think you're going to get treasures to lay in heaven? will you get those treasures in heaven? Or here, right now, so you can lay them there now?  ....... Some foods for thought...

Edited by emekrus

Guest shiloh357

The treasures in heaven are spiritual and not material.   There is no need to for gold and silver or money in heaven.  

We are to lay up treasures, eternal virtues that last forever.   We need to stop looking at prosperity in terms of money.

Jesus does not need us to be wealthy to advance the kingdom.   Jesus fed 15,000 people with five crackers and two fish.   He can take my offering, small as it is, and magnify it and multiply it far beyond what it is worth in the material world.   

The treasures in heaven are spiritual and not material.   There is no need to for gold and silver or money in heaven.  

We are to lay up treasures, eternal virtues that last forever.   We need to stop looking at prosperity in terms of money.

Jesus does not need us to be wealthy to advance the kingdom.   Jesus fed 15,000 people with five crackers and two fish.   He can take my offering, small as it is, and magnify it and multiply it far beyond what it is worth in the material world.   

So was that same miracle performed in the building of your Church? I mean, did the money that was used in building your Church fall from the blues?

Helping the poor and needy today, do you simply multiply your food and clothes and take to the poor?

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

You can't tell someone who 'knows' something they are wrong AND expect them to believe you. The op starts by teaching. There is no room for discussion only debate.