Jerry1023

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I posted this on the 10th, Not sure why it disappeared, maybe the site update??

In the most popular and believed view on this subject, the fallen angelic order are interpreted as the sons of God in Genesis chapter 6. 

Genesis 6:
1.And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

A lot has be assumed, interpreted, and much written from just these two verses. In my humbled studies over the years. I have come to the conclusion, all that is believed by Christendom about what is commonly referred to as the nephlim, isn’t in the bible at all. If you do a honest, thorough study of the Norse and Greek Mythologies, you will find everything you believe about the nephlim is written in those mythologies. Beings coming down from the heavens and procreating with women. Their offspring being more than human. The tales of Zeus and Odin fit perfectly in the belief system of what the majority of Christendom believes about the origins of the nephlim.

Now I do believe there are factual basis for all mythological belief systems, I however look for the simplest explanation, when it comes to explaining what the bible is telling us. And in Genesis there is no more to the story than what is stated. People have created through their interpretations what they believe the nephlim are. And as I said it comes for the Norse and Greek mythologies, not from scripture. 

In simplicity the sons of God are saved men, whom have taken the daughters of lost men. The saved are the sons of God and the lost are not. Unequally yoked, I believe it is just that simple.

The more logical origin of the giants/nephlim in my humbled opinion, is in the bible. God placed a mark on Cain, 

Genesis 4:
14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.
15 And the Lord said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.

Now what kind of mark would keep people from killing Cain. A physical mark on his body, a tattoo, or turning him a weird or different color. None of those would have necessarily prevented anyone from killing Cain. But there is one thing God could have done to prevent Cain from being killed. Make him a giant… This is easy to understand, think about it, a group of angry men is hunting Cain down for killing Able, they finally catch up to him, but now he is 3 or 4 times the size and has superior strength to those chasing him. He is now able to soundly trounce them in battle,…. word gets out. Cain in my opinion, was the father of the giants. His descendants are the giants and the mighty men of renown described in Genesis 6:4.

Genesis 6:
4.There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

I believe its possible, the basis for all the legends of the Norse and Greek Mythologies may have come from tales past down from the men described in Genesis 6:4. Unfortunately, somehow the fallen angelic order was misinterpreted into the storyline.

Edited by Rev2015
Bad keys on my keyboard, need a new one.

Another reason I do not believe the fallen angelic order, are the sons of God in Genesis Chapter 6,

Matthew 22:

23 The same day came to him the Sadducees, which say that there is no resurrection, and asked him,
24 Saying, Master, Moses said, If a man die, having no children, his brother shall marry his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother.
25 Now there were with us seven brethren: and the first, when he had married a wife, deceased, and, having no issue, left his wife unto his brother:
26 Likewise the second also, and the third, unto the seventh.
27 And last of all the woman died also.
28 Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her.
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.
30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

Here the theme to the topic Christ is being tempted on, is clearly marriage and procreation. Jesus tells them that the angels in heaven are not given in marriage. And I know the fallen angelic order are not in heaven now, but they were in heaven at one time, and being thrown out doesn’t mean their physical nature or being was changed. There is no indication of that.

From verses above, we should be able to analytically determine a few things:

Angels were not created to be given in marriage. From studying God’s creation he purposely created male and female for procreation. Since always in scripture, marriage comes before procreation, you have to have an opposite gender for this purpose. Since the angels aren’t given in marriage there was no reason for God to create the angelic order outside that of a masculine nature, there was no angelic opposite gender. No where have I found where any of the angelic order is described as feminine in nature or being. Since there is no feminine angelic order. There is absolutely no scriptural reason God would have, to give the masculine angelic order, reproductive organs. Without an opposite gender how frustrating would that have been? It just would not have made any since for Him to do so. The angelic order are masculine only in their nature and being, they are not males, they do not have plumbing. You have to ask the question, why would God give them reproductive organs if they are not given in marriage, and marriage is before procreation?? The only good answer I have here is,........ He didn't.

So with this, I believe we can determine two things. It was impossible for the fallen angelic order to procreate, and at the resurrection and rapture, our new bodies will have no need for reproductive organs, we will be as the angels in heaven, not given in marriage.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  2

Having a giant Cain does not explain the larger animals and plants before the flood. Unless God put a mark on them too, which I'm sure we both don't think.

The point is that satan is an angel of light and he is among those who enter the presence of God thus

according to simple and plain understanding of the passage angels are being referred to as 'sons of God'

here's a good treatise on the subject   http://www.gotquestions.org/sons-of-God.html

The writer or writers of the linked article, are nursing their surprise for the mention of giants in those days. Their logic follows that trend. But an understanding of the history of giants in the Bible indicates that the Adamic race was far superior in strength, height, beauty and intellect.

Some descendants remained giants longer than others, after the flood, so we have inequalities in height down to 1000 BC some 1500 years after the flood. But even so, the giants in the latter days were only 8 - 10 ft tall, shorter than the original man who stood 7 - 8 cubits which is about 12 -14 ft tall.

The OT has some stories of ordinary men meeting up with giants. In the case of David, the only genuine giants in his day were about 9 ft tall, but not living in the middle east among the Philistines, who had a family of giants, about 10 ft tall, whose height was a genetic malfunction or abnormality, which the Bible indicates by mentioning that they had six digit limbs.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,227
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

and the genetic malfunction came from the mixing of angel and human dna.....

Are you saying that whatever went on before the flood was repeated afterwards?

Are you saying that whatever went on before the flood was repeated afterwards?

is going on right now in one place or another and will spread to the whole world fairly soon

I can understand why someone would come to that conclusion, you are certainly not alone on that one.

There are some pretty strange things going on in various places on earth, which are interpreted in different ways. While I don't agree with your view, I don't dismiss that there is evidence to support your views; however, I believe that if you saw what was happening, using the same sources that you have been exposed to, you would see that it is evil angels helping men to do inhumane acts in science etc. rather than angels actually reproducing, which is in conflict with what Jesus said about angels. And indeed, those kinds of things have been done right throughout history.

Check in with carolyn hamlet and Russian Dyzdar and it might change your paradigm.

Having a giant Cain does not explain the larger animals and plants before the flood. Unless God put a mark on them too, which I'm sure we both don't think.

Explaining larger animals and plant life before the flood, I could do no justice to the teaching. However, I can give you my study source and if you'd take the time to listen, your question/s on this subject will be thoroughly answered.

http://www.floydnolenjones.com/Floyd_Nolen_Jones_2/Audio.html

Listen to the series studies named Creation and the Flood, also listen to the series called Science and Bible.

I'm not sure the Larger animals and plants has anything to do with the mark of Cain. Is this a straw man question?

The mark's purpose was as scripture indicates, "And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him."

In my humbled opinion, this set mark, was Making Cain a giant.