ayin jade

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

you also have to take into account that it's really not worth the time to hack Linix or Mac software for the majority of the people are using windows.....    even if windows closed up most of it's problems, they would still go after windows because that's where the rewards are going to be.

For a very long time you really never heard of people hacking mac computers.....   when Ipads came out and people really started using more macs, there have been some hacking......    if the whole world went to macs, that's where the hackers would go also.

I worked with Solaris  software for a very long time, and it is very difficult to get into, but it does happen....   and in cases when it does you have to shut down some very useful services to keep the bad guys out of what they were doing.

As an operating system Windows was successful because Bill Gates made his source code available to everyone to create third party programs...   and that opened up the flood gates for hackers.   Xerox had a line of business computers out years before Windows and it would run circles around them, but we closed our source code so no one but Xerox had access to it, and that decision cost us the entire computer market.....

Gates wasn't a good programmer, but he was a person of vision and knew what customers would buy.......     Xerox basically created the Macintosh computer in our research center (PARC), but did not have the business insight to understand that some day everyone would have a computer in their homes.......   much less in thier pockets...        And it was a huge failure on our part business wise.     

We have always been paranoid about hackers, but it did give our printers total security until speed outran what we could do with our hardware and switched to Sun Microsystems and Solaris.....    Which is still pretty safe with most of the whistles and bells deactivated.

Except for keystroke tracking, most of the stuff in windows 10 isn't a problem to me personally.   I'm not going to use their cloud memory for anything.   If they track my URL list, it will lead them directly to WorthyChristianForums.....   and facebook which is open to just about everyone.         I do have about 35,000 pictures on my hard drives, but none are illegal or immoral so they won't bother with them.......   and they are all backed up off site.    And I share them with anyone who wishes to use them.

example::::   IMG_8388_zpsc57f7b34.jpg        interesting thing to find in your toilet in the middle of the night.      Where else can you go and find a picture of a frog in a toilet......    and yes that is my toilet, and the frog got there by falling into the sewer line where the plumber left the clean out thingie open last time he cleaned the line....         Frog fell in and could not jump the 4 feet back up so he worked his way back to light into our bathroom......   and scared the living daylights out of my wife...

I didnt take a photo of it, but I found an 8 inch long lizard in my toilet one day. Since lizards dont swim, it didnt fare too well. It apparently fell out of my ceiling fan in the bathroom which is not far from the toilet. Im kind of nervous now each time I am in there. Wondering what I will find next. The lizard isnt the only thing that has come out of that fan.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  565
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

It is a crappy os and the most insecure on the market. It takes me roughly 5 minutes to hack into pretty much any consumer PC with Windows on it, and I'm not even that great of a hacker. Trust me, i do it regularly for customers who forget their passwords.

In fact windows greatest flaw is its ease of use. It's biggest security flaw-and its true of pretty much every flavor of Windows-is executable files. Until they get rid of those it will never be "secure"

:)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  565
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

you also have to take into account that it's really not worth the time to hack Linix or Mac software for the majority of the people are using windows.....    even if windows closed up most of it's problems, they would still go after windows because that's where the rewards are going to be.

For a very long time you really never heard of people hacking mac computers.....   when Ipads came out and people really started using more macs, there have been some hacking......    if the whole world went to macs, that's where the hackers would go also.

I worked with Solaris  software for a very long time, and it is very difficult to get into, but it does happen....   and in cases when it does you have to shut down some very useful services to keep the bad guys out of what they were doing.

As an operating system Windows was successful because Bill Gates made his source code available to everyone to create third party programs...   and that opened up the flood gates for hackers.   Xerox had a line of business computers out years before Windows and it would run circles around them, but we closed our source code so no one but Xerox had access to it, and that decision cost us the entire computer market.....

Gates wasn't a good programmer, but he was a person of vision and knew what customers would buy.......     Xerox basically created the Macintosh computer in our research center (PARC), but did not have the business insight to understand that some day everyone would have a computer in their homes.......   much less in thier pockets...        And it was a huge failure on our part business wise.     

We have always been paranoid about hackers, but it did give our printers total security until speed outran what we could do with our hardware and switched to Sun Microsystems and Solaris.....    Which is still pretty safe with most of the whistles and bells deactivated.

Except for keystroke tracking, most of the stuff in windows 10 isn't a problem to me personally.   I'm not going to use their cloud memory for anything.   If they track my URL list, it will lead them directly to WorthyChristianForums.....   and facebook which is open to just about everyone.         I do have about 35,000 pictures on my hard drives, but none are illegal or immoral so they won't bother with them.......   and they are all backed up off site.    And I share them with anyone who wishes to use them.

example::::   IMG_8388_zpsc57f7b34.jpg        interesting thing to find in your toilet in the middle of the night.      Where else can you go and find a picture of a frog in a toilet......    and yes that is my toilet, and the frog got there by falling into the sewer line where the plumber left the clean out thingie open last time he cleaned the line....         Frog fell in and could not jump the 4 feet back up so he worked his way back to light into our bathroom......   and scared the living daylights out of my wife...

You are like the future i'm working towards... lol... to work in a company like that... and probably own mine one day... :)

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

Interesting thing to find in your toilet in the middle of the night.      Where else can you go and find a picture of a frog in a toilet......    and yes that is my toilet, and the frog got there by falling into the sewer line where the plumber left the clean out thingie open last time he cleaned the line....         Frog fell in and could not jump the 4 feet back up so he worked his way back to light into our bathroom......   and scared the living daylights out of my wife...

Just be glad that it was only a frog or toad . . . it could have been something like a huge python . . . especially if you lived in Florida. :whistling:

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,127
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I had an aunt that was visited by a sewer rat while she was setting doing her business.... you should hear the story as told by my uncle...

Freaked out like you could imagine then turned into something I can't post here. Paraphrase it sort of like an in bread hillbilly with serious knife skills...

The rat did not survive

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

The rat did not survive

There is a reason I have a spear in my home lol. It helps in dealing with nasty things and keeping a reasonable distance. Comes in handy for eliminating scorpions.