Watching for Jesus

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I believe that the following scriptures show the same event; the same thrones and a judgment.

Daniel 7:9.  I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.
 10.  A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.
 11.  I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.

Revelation 20:4.  And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
 5.  But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
 6.  Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Does everyone agree that these verses show the same event or are there other opinions on this.

Jeff

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,117
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

Because Daniel 7:13 says

“I was watching in the night visions,
And behold, One like the Son of Man,
Coming with the clouds of heaven!
He came to the Ancient of Days,
And they brought Him near before Him.
14 Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom...

-- therefore, I believe this passage in Daniel is the same event as Rev. 4-5:

4:2 Immediately I was in the Spirit; and behold, a throne set in heaven, and One sat on the throne... 4 Around the throne were twenty-four thrones, and on the thrones I saw twenty-four elders sitting...

5:6 And I looked, and behold, in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as though it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent out into all the earth. 7 Then He came and took the scroll out of the right hand of Him who sat on the throne.

Re: Daniel 7:9  I beheld till the thrones were cast down...
the alternate reading is "were set in place"

This program is doing funky things with spacing.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

Does everyone agree that these verses show the same event or are there other opinions on this.

Jeff

Jeff,

Those two passages DO NOT  relate to the same event. "Cast down" in Dan 7:9 must be interpreted as "thrown down" (Heb remah = cast down)  and connected with verse 14 which says that "all people, nations, and languages should serve Him".  So the casting down of these thrones means the destruction of all the kingdoms of the world, which goes back to Daniel 2:44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

The passage in Rev 20, is the OPPOSITE, where thrones are set up -- Christ gives thrones to the saints and the apostles -- in order to judge the nations before the Millennial Kingdom is ushered in.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

I believe that the following scriptures show the same event; the same thrones and a judgment.

Daniel 7:9.  I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.
 10.  A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.
 11.  I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.

Revelation 20:4.  And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
 5.  But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
 6.  Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Jeff

The first is the final judgement.  Thrones are cast down, not placed for people to sit on.

The second mentions nothing about the final judgement or thrones being cast down.

Edited by thereselittleflower

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Jeff

The first is the final judgement.  Thrones are cast down, not placed for people to sit on.

The second mentions nothing about the final judgement or thrones being cast down.

What do the judgments in Revelation mean to you?How many judgments are there and what are they?

Jeff

What do the judgments in Revelation mean to you?How many judgments are there and what are they?

bopeep I don't read the book of Revelation as you do.  You know this.

It does not read like a newspaper unfolding the news. 

So your question has really no meaning for me.

There are two judgments - our own particular judgment when we die, and the final judgment.

Edited by thereselittleflower

Jeff

There are two judgments - our own particular judgment when we die, and the final judgment.

Yes,I do know that you are amillennial and that you spiritualize Revelation.You know how dangerous that is don't you?

Jeff

Yes,I do know that you are amillennial and that you spiritualize Revelation.You know how dangerous that is don't you?

It is merely your opinion it is dangerous.

I see nothing to substantiate that opinion.

Neither did the Early Church.

premillenialism has never been safe to believe throughout christiainity and has always been associated with all sorts of strange heresies.

Jeff

It is merely your opinion it is dangerous.

I see nothing to substantiate that opinion.

Neither did the Early Church.

premillenialism has never been safe to believe throughout christiainity and has always been associated with all sorts of strange heresies.

That is Satan's whole point about your theology.Keep them in the dark.

Edited by bopeep1909

bopeep you know I really like you.  I just wish you could put away your animosity for christian beliefs that are different than your own.