robin hood

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,878
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

Nicodimus was familiar with the term BORN AGAIN before meeting Jesus, or as an older person, before even Jesus was born.

Long before Jesus birth, there were a lot of BORN AGAIN people living among the Jewis people, interacting with them daylly, only those Born Againg, could not be Born into the Jewis Priesthood. They were invited to be Born Again in the jewish coulture, and be dead to the old and live in the newest of life. 

Thoses people were Gentiles Born Again and becoming Jewis prosiliteis.

How would you like to call them, prosiliteis or born again Jews. 

But the term "prosiliteis" does it not have the same meaning as the term "born again Jews "?

In the simliest form it does. But not when the many groups of the Jewis religion come into the picture. 

A natural Jew can not be born again in to been a Jew like the Gentile, because he is born into been Jewis.

But he can still be Born Again into one of the Jewis order, been Born Again into the PHARICIAN order from the Sadducian order. 

Many Jewis were Born Again in to their neibours idolatric religions. And renounce their own routs and became devotees of the idols and demanded the closure of the temple . 

That's why Paul and the other disciples they preach faith in Jesus Christ, and how to live as a believer and never use any terms.

The traditional Jews, call the believing Jews "Cristians" a term for insult, to inform the other Jews that they are unclean Jews cut off from them, and to be avoided, even thought, they are dress up like Jews, and come from Jewish families. To them  the term was a dishonor vessel, " Christian" it was a term to point out the lepers, the unclean Jewis, " the believers" in Jesus Christ" people to be avoided by the transitional Jews. They were from us, they come from among us, but they do not  belong to us.

Today I am wondering of the term " Born Again Christian" if it is been use in a synonymous way as the term "orthodox Jew" a term to Judge the other Jews that they are some kind of  lost, or unclean and as result cut off.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Today I am wondering of the term " Born Again Christian" if it is been use in a synonymous way as the term "orthodox Jew" a term to Judge the other Jews that they are some kind of  lost, or unclean and as result cut off.....

:thumbs_up:

More Likely Beloved, Today It's Used By Carnal Churchgoers 

Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law. Romans 13:8 (New American Standard Bible)

To Unlovingly Mock Bible Believers And The Words

Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, unless you are born again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God." John 3:3 (New Living Translation)

Of The Very Christ They Adore

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Too often I come across the term " Born Again Christian " .

The term will not be found in the Bible .

The term is actually theological nonsense......Just think about it......it doesn't make sense.....it was never used by Jesus .

Anyone who decides to follow Christ, becomes baptized cannot be anything but a Born again Christian. They certainly are not born again athiests?

There is nothing to be gained by standing ones ground over one simple word, "Christian," not being stated with, "Born Again" in a sentence. Christ mentioned the words born again two times Himself in His Word that I know of, once in John 3:3 and again in John 3:7.

A Christian is simply a follower of Christ, nothing more.

A "Born Again Christian is a baptised follower of Christ who has decided to give away the sin business and has become a new creature, born into the Kingdom of God.

The words, "Born Again," are mentioned three times in Scripture.

John 3:3, Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again,1 he cannot see the kingdom of God.
 John 3:7, Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
 1 Peter 1:23, Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Verily, verily, I say unto thee. This form of expression was often upon the lips of Jesus to give emphasis to an unusually solemn and weighty declaration. See Matthew 5:18. It occurs twenty-four times in John.
Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. The term translated "again" is rendered "anew" in the Revision, which is better. It is the great doctrine, so fundamental in the Gospel, of Regeneration, a new Birth, being made a new creature, the same doctrine spoken of in John 1:12-13. Nicodemus, like all Jews, supposed that all who were born as children of Abraham would, as Abraham's seed, be citizens of the kingdom, but Jesus shows him that no one can be a new creature in Christ Jesus unless he is born anew. We are born naturally into the kingdom of nature, to live the natural life; if we enter the kingdom of heaven, the kingdom of grace, it must be by a new birth. The doctrine that a man can bury his old sinful life, and begin a new one with the freshness of youthful hope, is foreshadowed in the Old Testament (Isa. 1:18; Jer. 31:33; Eze. 11:19; Eze. 36:26), and taught in the New Testament (Romans 6:8; Romans 8:3; Romans 12:2; 2 Cor. 5:17; Gal. 6:15-16).

The term is actually theological nonsense......Just think about it......it doesn't make sense.....it was never used by Jesus .

Anyone who decides to follow Christ, becomes baptized cannot be anything but a Born again Christian. They certainly are not born again athiests?

There is nothing to be gained by standing ones ground over one simple word, "Christian," not being stated with, "Born Again" in a sentence. Christ mentioned the words born again two times Himself in His Word that I know of, once in John 3:3 and again in John 3:7.

A Christian is simply a follower of Christ, nothing more.

A "Born Again Christian is a baptised follower of Christ who has decided to give away the sin business and has become a new creature, born into the Kingdom of God.

The words, "Born Again," are mentioned three times in Scripture.

John 3:3, Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again,1 he cannot see the kingdom of God.
 John 3:7, Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
 1 Peter 1:23, Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Verily, verily, I say unto thee. This form of expression was often upon the lips of Jesus to give emphasis to an unusually solemn and weighty declaration. See Matthew 5:18. It occurs twenty-four times in John.
Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. The term translated "again" is rendered "anew" in the Revision, which is better. It is the great doctrine, so fundamental in the Gospel, of Regeneration, a new Birth, being made a new creature, the same doctrine spoken of in John 1:12-13. Nicodemus, like all Jews, supposed that all who were born as children of Abraham would, as Abraham's seed, be citizens of the kingdom, but Jesus shows him that no one can be a new creature in Christ Jesus unless he is born anew. We are born naturally into the kingdom of nature, to live the natural life; if we enter the kingdom of heaven, the kingdom of grace, it must be by a new birth. The doctrine that a man can bury his old sinful life, and begin a new one with the freshness of youthful hope, is foreshadowed in the Old Testament (Isa. 1:18; Jer. 31:33; Eze. 11:19; Eze. 36:26), and taught in the New Testament (Romans 6:8; Romans 8:3; Romans 12:2; 2 Cor. 5:17; Gal. 6:15-16).

Jonh 1:12,...to those who believed in his name  to become children of God  born not of ......but Born of God.  

(any one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God, or the Christ, or the Messaiah, or the one who God had promise to sent is BORN FROM GOD. )

Jonh 3:3, Unless a man be Born from above ......

( Nicodemus a devout Jew, was inform by Jesus, about the coming of the new covenant, and the appearance ( if I may use this word) of the new family of God, the redeemed family by the blood of the new covenant. And that God will give them and seal them with his spirit.       And that time is coming soon, and that he Nicodimus must believe in him, after he see him crucified to be included in the new family of God. 

And that God will have only children from the new way.

Jonh 3:5,6 ....to be born from the  SPIRIT. ........the Spirit gives birth to the spirit. 

Jonh 3:7 you must be born from above.

Thats why a believer in Jesus Christ belongs to God from above, because he is born from above, the spiritual child of God.

The old is gone, faith in Jesus Christ has been revealed. 

The abomination ( the uncleanliness ) of the whole world is taken away. 

Every one is invited to believe in Jesus Christ to received the free gift of the forgiveness of Sins and Eternal Life by faith alone in Jesus the Christ of GOD.

1st Jonh 4:15, the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God , God duels in him and he is in God.

( he is one with God ), in the spirit of course. In the name of Jesus, not his own name. Not of how he complements and or recoments him self. Not because he deserve it.

This Glory belongs only to Jesus. 

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/24/2015 at 6:37 AM, robin hood said:

Simple....

Strong's Greek/Hebrew Definitions For John Chapter 3 John 3:3   Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Matthew Henry Commentary For John Chapter 3Strong's Greek/Hebrew Definitions For John Chapter 3 John 3:7   Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Matthew Henry Commentary For 1 Peter Chapter 1Strong's Greek/Hebrew Definitions For 1 Peter Chapter 1 1 Peter 1:23   Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Its about first being born in the flesh and then being born in the Spirit

• 1 month later...

On 16 December, 2015 at 10:35 AM, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

Simple....

Strong's Greek/Hebrew Definitions For John Chapter 3 John 3:3   Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Matthew Henry Commentary For John Chapter 3Strong's Greek/Hebrew Definitions For John Chapter 3 John 3:7   Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Matthew Henry Commentary For 1 Peter Chapter 1Strong's Greek/Hebrew Definitions For 1 Peter Chapter 1 1 Peter 1:23   Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Its about first being born in the flesh and then being born in the Spirit

Hello, 

No one is disputing what Jesus said to Nicodemous that unless someone is not born from above from the spirit of God, he does not belong to God. 

Jesus was telling the truth to Nicodemous, informing him of what was to come, the spiritual people of God, thus judging Jewdaism, and or other orders who believe in God but denied the Savior the Christ Jesus who made that possible.

The question here it is; not

"born again", and that to what the scriptures posted refered to,

But, "born again Christian", 

If it said "born again in Jesus Christ", it would be the perfect term, because it identifies who is the one to whom you are born to, referring to the spiritual aspect.

But to say, " born again Christian",

It refers not only to the spiritual aspect, because it does points to Jesus Christ, but also includes culture of a short kind, that attempts to judge the spiritual aspect of someone, that whether he is born from above, and not only by faith in Jesus Christ, but also by his culture.

To put it in simple terms, it attempt to have culture sitting as judge if faith in Jesus Christ.

Show me your faith by your culture.

Or show me if you are really born again by the way you leave. 

Faith in Jesus Christ alone is accepted, by Jesus Christ, but it is judge by some other believers, and that's how it is going to be all the time. 

• 5 months later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

On 24 August 2015 at 4:41 AM, angels4u said:

John 3:5

Jesus answered, "Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.

You are born again,when you come to the realization that you need Jesus as your Savior and ask Him to come and live inside of you.

1 Peter 1:23

For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God

John 3:5 is talking about baptismal regeneration: Being reborn as a child of God through baptism and the receiving of the Holy Spirit(through baptism).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,145
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings BlueMinou...    Welcome to Worthy,,,,,,this Thread is from August 2015,I don't really know why it was revived back in February when Firiendnt addressed Matrix who hasn't replied here for a year(must have lost interest in the Topic?)Matrix is still around though ......       With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1973

On 8/24/2015 at 10:37 AM, robin hood said:

Why does a theological term in modern usage have to be found in the bible? The word Trinity isn't in the bible is that therefore also theological nonsense? 

Now, the term certainly has some redundancy in it, but it is most commonly used to differentiate between nominal and real Christianity within our societies, it also functions as a term of derision as well - however I still wish to know why a term needs to be in the bible in the exact expression we use in modern English before it is valid for our use?   

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,145
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

I don't really understand the question,Reformed,because it is in the Bible....Jesus said it to Nicodemus in the 3rd Chapter,Book of John

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.                                                                               John 3:3