IGNORED

Why did God create evil?

Jerry1023

WHY DID GOD CREATE EVIL? Can someone counsel me on the reason why God created evil. I believe that the eyes of God is too pure to behold evil, I desire to know the reason why God created evil. your contribution can be of help.

I can't say for sure from scripture, so all I can do is tell you what I believe.  I asked the Lord that very question, and I believe that the answer I got was that it is to show a contrast between God's ways verses the alternative.  It is not just for mankind to witness it, but his entire creation.  We will have all witnessed the damage and destruction evil causes, and we will always know that God's ways are right and just.  Since this is not something I can prove from scripture,  you have to judge within yourself if this is right.  I don't expect people to accept something based on a personal revelation automatically. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  475
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/13/1962

WHY DID GOD CREATE EVIL? Can someone counsel me on the reason why God created evil. I believe that the eyes of God is too pure to behold evil, I desire to know the reason why God created evil. your contribution can be of help.

I can't say for sure from scripture, so all I can do is tell you what I believe.  I asked the Lord that very question, and I believe that the answer I got was that it is to show a contrast between God's ways verses the alternative.  It is not just for mankind to witness it, but his entire creation.  We will have all witnessed the damage and destruction evil causes, and we will always know that God's ways are right and just.  Since this is not something I can prove from scripture,  you have to judge within yourself if this is right.  I don't expect people to accept something based on a personal revelation automatically. 

yes .. word saying.. Evil is Evil.. no light in Evil.. no peace in Evil.. no happy in Evil..

When God rejected and punished him and pushed him t earth.. he become as Evil creator.. 

On History, on present and past things.. Satan is only destroyer.

There is no goodness in Him.. From beginning he is Killer.. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,425
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

God is given free will..

Satan failed to keep His free will in His life

So he become as Evil.. God never made the Evil..

Human also have the free will

Choosing truth and right things can lead us to blessings and righteousness (goodness)

Choosing false and disobedience can lead us to have Evil.. 

The leader and creator of Evil is Satan.. 

I believe your first comment is not correct as is ... did you mean to write God has given free will?
Your last comment (") The leader and creator of Evil is Satan.. (") evil is not a created substance or else God would
have been it's originator... It is merely a perversion of the order of creation as satan suggest- there is some other place
to be other than the place God has ordained...  Love, Steven

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  475
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  04/13/1962

God is given free will..

Satan failed to keep His free will in His life

So he become as Evil.. God never made the Evil..

Human also have the free will

Choosing truth and right things can lead us to blessings and righteousness (goodness)

Choosing false and disobedience can lead us to have Evil.. 

The leader and creator of Evil is Satan.. 

I believe your first comment is not correct as is ... did you mean to write God has given free will?
Your last comment (") The leader and creator of Evil is Satan.. (") evil is not a created substance or else God would
have been it's originator... It is merely a perversion of the order of creation as satan suggest- there is some other place
to be other than the place God has ordained...  Love, Steven

God has given free will to Angels and also to all Human.. God never created Evil,.., This is my faith. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

God did not create evil. 

The Bible seems to say he did.

Isaiah 45:7 (AV)

7I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

But as I pointed out, it was incidental rather than intentional.

Akin to the idea that the same sun that melts the wax hardens the clay (from the discussion why did God harden Pharaoh's heart?).

What I am saying is that God did not create moral evil.   The "evil"  that is mentioned in Isa. 45:7 is referring to calamity usually resulting from judgment, such as natural disasters.  The biblical languages use the word "evil"  to describe not just moral issues but misfortune like natural disasters or unfortunate circumstances.

Is. 45:7 is not saying that God created sin, but that he causes bad things to happen in judgment on mankind.   He causes good things and he causes bad things.   That's the basic jist of the verse in context.

Amen Shiloh, I definitely agree.  This is the reason that Abraham was so bold when he interceded with God on behalf of Sodom and Gomorrah for Lot's sake.  God is getting ready to judge thee two cities, and bring evil/calamity upon them for their wickedness, for a just God, will have to judge sin.   But Abraham knew that God was Righteous and began his intercession with this statement:  24)  Peradventure there be fifty righteous within the city; will thou also destroy and not spare the place for the fifty righteous that are therein?   25)  That be far from Thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteousness with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from Thee: Shall not the Judge of all earth do right?   Genesis 19:24-25

We even see a modern day judgment of God upon a very backslidden Christian, for failing to heed God's warning for his sins which he tried to hide from God and the world.  For while this man cheated on his wife, he acted like a believer by hearing the Word but he wasn't a doer, James 1:22-24.  While I believe that God gave this warning to this man to confess and forsake his sin:  But if ye will not do so, behold, ye have sinned against the LORD, and be sure your sin will find you out,   Numbers 32:23.   The man continue to play the hypocrite and because God love this backslidden son, He aloud him to be outed, thus God brought evil upon a backslidden believer or what we as believers would call the Chastening of God, Hebrews 12:4-11   IMO this what happen to Josh Duggar, the eldest son of the Duggar Clan, he received God punishment for disgracing Christ and his immediate family, God had given him so many gifts, that the only opinion left after ignoring God's urging was what has sadly happened.  So that God will create this type of evil or calamity to correct His Children, and He will also use even greater for the unbelieving.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

Shiloh, I have a question;

"Is. 45:7 is not saying that God created sin, but that he causes bad things to happen in judgment on mankind.   He causes good things and he causes bad things.   That's the basic jist of the verse in context."

So is this "evil" that God created a righteous evil, or a righteous response to sin ( I'm not familiar with the Hebrew equivalence ) ? 

I still see evil as the concept of things accomplished apart from, and in opposition to God's will.

I am explaining the Hebraic perspective on this.   God doesn't create moral evil.  I think we can agree on that.   The word "evil"  could be translated as "calamity" and not hurt the text at all.   It is a righteous response to sin.  It comes in the form of judgment.  Moral evil is what I see as being in opposition to God's will.

Thank Shiloh. I agree!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,425
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

me 3 agree

Edited by enoob57

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

In the beginning God...

Either God knew everything that would ever be and all possible outcomes or he did not.

I believe he did.

God knew that his creation would become disobedient and therefore evil and he chose to create it anyway.  That makes him responsible for creating that which he foreknew would become evil.  

I am OK with that.

I hate evil, especially that which is within my members.  

God is not evil nor does he tempt anyone to do evil.  God will eventually put away all evil and all that will be left are those willing to follow him and his ways.

This whole thing began with an opportunity that showed the evil within the heart of The Devil who would never repent.  God has control of all things including who he gives power too, how much and designs away to give higher power unto others so that the power given to one does not remain absolute.  Satan was judged at the cross and as was preordained Christ was made head of all creation.

God has to be God.

When David sinned God said he would raise up an enemy in his own house.  God is Holy and Impartial therefore judges righteously.  God uses evil for the purpose of judgment and that is his business.  If only I could always choose good!

God is good.  There is no evil or darkness in him! Peace.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Days Won:  5

Dear sister;

Reading Job 38:4-7 7When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

This could very well have happened after they were created in the creation time period as Adam must have also rejoiced when Eve was created.

To me this does not indicate that the angels where created before the creation of the universe

1to3

That whole chapter to me is very clear that it is speaking of the creation of the earth.

Job 38:1   Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,

Job 38:2   Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?

Job 38:3   Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.

Job 38:4   Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

Job 38:5   Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Job 38:6   Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;

Job 38:7   When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Job 38:8   Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, as if it had issued out of the womb?

Job 38:9   When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddlingband for it,

Job 38:10   And brake up for it my decreed place, and set bars and doors,

Job 38:11   And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed?

You can read the rest in your bible.  The whole chapter is about the creation of the earth.  Man's habitat was completed before man was even made.  When God laid the foundations of the earth he started somewhere, the cornerstone was the very start, when he began shaping the earth, and the angels were there shouting for joy because they were watching him form the earth from the beginning.  This cornerstone is not speaking of Christ when he was sent, but the cornerstone of the earth.  Every building starts with a cornerstone.

So to me it's clear the angels were there first before the earth was created.

Please read it again with fresh eyes, and I'm sure you will see it too.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,275
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  0

Dear Sister;

if you look at Genesis 2:1-4

Genesis ch2:1,4

1-Thus the heavens and the earth and all the host of them, were finished.

2- And on the seventh day God  ended His work which He had done,

and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done.

3- then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested

from all His work which God had created and made.

4-That is the history of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day

that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens

It is in the creation period of time that God created the heavens and the earth.

The heaven-s- had to be created before the earth so the earth could be formed.

Like Adam surely rejoiced when Eve was created, the angels surely rejoiced when the earth was created.

But Genesis 2:1-4 clearly stated that BOTH heavens and EARTH were created in the creation period of time.

Edited by 1to3
spelling