jmldn2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,997
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,694
  • Content Per Day:  11.66
  • Days Won:  226

You can not put God in a box.God is anywhere you want to worship.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.19
  • Days Won:  115

Whew, thought I head frogs when I read the first part.

I thought I heard Locust, but it was just the ringing in my ears.

It is beneficial to have a body of believers one can call home, but I believe we have church every day.

Ā 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Days Won:  20

Bopeep,

Evidently you need to dig a little deeper into Christian worship. Ā That is not putting God in a box but being obedient to God according to His Word. Ā Unfortunately Christians are generally notĀ taught properly about worship as revealed in Scripture, and the meaning of gathering or assemblingĀ together. Ā Had the KJV used the word "assembly" instead of "church" for ekklesia, that concept would have been more evident (as in Hebrews 10:25):

Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of someĀ is; but exhortingĀ one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

How can we exhort one another, if we are absent from the gathering of the saints?

Ā 

Bopeep,

Evidently you need to dig a little deeper into Christian worship. Ā That is not putting God in a box but being obedient to God according to His Word. Ā Unfortunately Christians are generally notĀ taught properly about worship as revealed in Scripture, and the meaning of gathering or assemblingĀ together. Ā Had the KJV used the word "assembly" instead of "church" for ekklesia, that concept would have been more evident (as in Hebrews 10:25):

Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of someĀ is; but exhortingĀ one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Ā 

Ā 

How can we exhort one another, if we are absent from the gathering of the saints?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Bopeep,

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Salvation is found in Christ.No amount of Church attendance will earn eternity in heaven.It should be a person choice if someone wants to attend a Worship service in a Church.Churches certainly are not what they used to be.I am sure there are a handful of Churches left that preach from the Bible.I have been very disappointed in several Churches I have attended.It is more the world than in the House of God.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.67
  • Days Won:  37

Bopeep,

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Bopeep,

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Salvation is found in Christ.No amount of Church attendance will earn eternity in heaven.It should be a person choice if someone wants to attend a Worship service in a Church.Churches certainly are not what they used to be.I am sure there are a handful of Churches left that preach from the Bible.I have been very disappointed in several Churches I have attended.It is more the world than in the House of God.

So are you advocating disobedience to the command in God's word?

Ā 

Ā 

Bopeep,

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Bopeep,

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I am saying that attending Church is not a salvation issue.You will not go to hell if you do not attend.There are many who go to Church who are not a Christian.You can also pick up some false doctrine by attending many of the Churches in our world today.Many can not attend a Church.That is ok as long as they are studying the literal true word of God daily.

Bopeep,

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Bopeep,

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I am saying that attending Church is not a salvation issue.You will not go to hell if you do not attend.There are many who go to Church who are not a Christian.You can also pick up some false doctrine by attending many of the Churches in our world today.Many can not attend a Church.That is ok as long as they are studying the literal true word of God daily.

Then is obedience not a salvation issue?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Right to both your posts bopeep..... Ā  as Yeshua told the woman at the well,Ā 

with one note to remember also - or a question rather : Ā did Yeshua ever give the disciples a choiceĀ 

of 2 different things to do and let them choose ? Ā or did He always simply tell them what to do ?Ā 

Of course, a lot of His disciples chose instead to not do what He said to do, and they walked away like tlf.... theyĀ 

followed someone else(or their own self/feelings)Ā Ā instead of Yeshua the Messiah.

You know that old saying...Just because you sleep in a garage does not make you a car.Same goes for the person who makes sure they attend Church every Sunday.

Bopeep,

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Bopeep,

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

We must also be aware of using a veneer of obedience to mask a sinful heart.

Bopeep,

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Bopeep,

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

We must also be aware of using a veneer of obedience to mask a sinful heart.

How is assembling together a veneer of obedience?

Ā 

Ā