IGNORED

What does "having dominion" over women really mean?

jmldn2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

Okay for now on only Butero answers all the questions as clearly he is the expert and I was wrong to ever question him or to give my own thoughts about something.

Edited by LadyKay

I like your two cents Lady Kay.  

I find the people who use the Patriarchs of the OT as an example of how women should act are missing the boat.   I also wonder where their other wives and concubines are.  If the women are supposed to emulate those women then the men should too.

I didn't address this before, but I will now.  The law of Moses makes an allowance for a man to have more than one wife, but it never says he must.  I have argued that polygamy is not sinful if it is practiced according to the law.  I have also argued slavery is not sinful if it is practiced according to the law.  1 John states sin is the transgression of the law, so how could those things be sin, but at the same time, you don't have to have multiple wives or slaves.  They were only allowed, not encouraged.  God decreed that the husband would rule over his wife, and that is re-affirmed in the New Testament.  I assure you I believe in taking the Bible as written across the board.  I know most don't, but I do. 

Okay for now on only Butero answers all the questions as clearly he is the expert and I was wrong to ever question him.

Just do me the courtesy of explaining how I got it wrong.  By all means, challenge anything you wish if you have scripture to show I am mistaken.  It is just this nonsense about saying I am wrong with nothing to back it up I take issue with. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

Just do me the courtesy of explaining how I got it wrong. 

I don't recall ever saying Butero was wrong. I don't  have time for this. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

What that means is that they will take the charity from the church for a while and be completely devoted to Christ for a time, but then will desire to marry again and leave the service of the Lord.  That is why we aren't to count them among the widows who receive charity from the church.  The Bible actually encourages the young widows to re-marry.

Paul does encourage remarriage, or any marriage. And yet you are married.   The mischievous side of me wonders if your wife calls you Lord.

Edited by Flames of Liberty

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,400
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

enoob said :rolleyes:   :24:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

enoob said :rolleyes:   :24:

Behave!

I said it came across that way, and I gave the quote and the reason why.  Can you at least say if you do agree or if you don't agree and why? 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I said it came across that way, and I gave the quote and the reason why.  Can you at least say if you do agree or if you don't agree and why? 

Why is it so important for you to have her say that?   Isn't it enough for you to express your views and for her to do the same?  People can read both and make up their own minds.

I wonder if this guy and his church deny any charity to widows under 60?

I do want to clarify something about the widows.  First of all, we are not forbidden to take up a love offering for widows under 60.  We can't take them in among the number of the widows getting regular support.  I had to deal with 4 widows that were getting regular benefits, and none of them met all the qualifications so I had to cut them off.  Age wasn't the primary reason.  In one case, the woman had family living with her that was working and she didn't really need the money, and the church didn't have it to give.  It wasn't an easy thing to do, but it clearly had to be done to come in line with the Bible. 

Here is how I see it.  If there is any issue where the church is doing contrary to scriptural order, the church is wrong.  If I am personally doing something contrary to Biblical order, I am wrong.  Even if you were to find such an example of wrong doing on my part, it wouldn't make anything change with regard to the scriptural teaching on women, so it is a smoke screen type of argument.  What I would say is we need to fix our problems, but not justify wrong because we find other wrong taking place.