jmldn2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

Genesis 1 is GOD's telling of Creation, while Genesis 2 is Adam's telling. They don't contradict each other at all.

really?

How do you know this?

The first book of the Bible is actually a compilation of the stories of 8 men and their Creator. Our Lord tells His story in Genesis chapter 1 through 2:3 and after that each story begins with the phrase “These are the generations of … ” or “This is the account of …”. Adam’s story begins at 2:4 and continues through chapter 5 and explains why the creation account of chapter 2 differs slightly from that of chapter 1.

I don't believe there is any internal evidence in Genesis for this hypothesis. The traditional (and correct) view of Genesis is that it is the first book of Moses, with Moses being the writer and God being the Author. Neither Moses nor anyone else could have described what occurred during creation, and there is nothing to even suggest that Adam had a hand in this book. It is pertinent to note that among the men of faith mentioned in Hebrews 11, ADAM IS MISSING, but Abel his son leads the way.  We are not really told what happened to Adam other than the fact that he had a son called Seth, and Adam lived 930 years (Gen 5:1-5).

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  565
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

The first book of the Bible is actually a compilation of the stories of 8 men and their Creator. Our Lord tells His story in Genesis chapter 1 through 2:3 and after that each story begins with the phrase “These are the generations of … ” or “This is the account of …”. Adam’s story begins at 2:4 and continues through chapter 5 and explains why the creation account of chapter 2 differs slightly from that of chapter 1.

I don't believe there is any internal evidence in Genesis for this hypothesis. The traditional (and correct) view of Genesis is that it is the first book of Moses, with Moses being the writer and God being the Author. Neither Moses nor anyone else could have described what occurred during creation, and there is nothing to even suggest that Adam had a hand in this book. It is pertinent to note that among the men of faith mentioned in Hebrews 11, ADAM IS MISSING, but Abel his son leads the way.  We are not really told what happened to Adam other than the fact that he had a son called Seth, and Adam lived 930 years (Gen 5:1-5).

I totally agree with you Ezra...

I was wondering where he got that idea from...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  4,059
  • Content Per Day:  14.04

I have no problem with a time frame tha tells of God creating the heavens and the earth....being displeased with what Satan had done on the earth over which he had been given dominion..and an angry God reforming the earth ..which in v2 is formless and void. There must be a time frame for dinosaurs, and Australopithecus because they were not on earth during the time of Adam and beyond due to the carbon dating. God is once again going to recreate the earth with fire so that it is pure. No problem for a new earth 6000 yrs old after the other was destroyed and recreated. Satan now has limited dominion...he cannot touch the saints without God's permission first. Those not belonging to the Father, and in Jesus' hand are not under the same protection.

This is my understanding also and is consistent with a literal interpretation of scripture.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  4,059
  • Content Per Day:  14.04

I have no problem with a time frame tha tells of God creating the heavens and the earth....being displeased with what Satan had done on the earth over which he had been given dominion..and an angry God reforming the earth ..which in v2 is formless and void. There must be a time frame for dinosaurs, and Australopithecus because they were not on earth during the time of Adam and beyond due to the carbon dating. God is once again going to recreate the earth with fire so that it is pure. No problem for a new earth 6000 yrs old after the other was destroyed and recreated. Satan now has limited dominion...he cannot touch the saints without God's permission first. Those not belonging to the Father, and in Jesus' hand are not under the same protection.

Actually the dinosaurs were on the earth in Adam's day.  There was not previous earth prior to the one we have now.  Dinosaurs are not millions of years old.  Carbon dating is highly unreliable because it makes certain assumptions about the carbon present in the atmosphere and in dead animals that are found not to be true.

This is not true in my opinion .

Putting aside carbon-dating, one only has to look at the stars in the heavens and the light that has been traveling to Earth for much longer than 6000 years.  This is in no way takes anything away from the majestic acts of creation / restoration that our triune God has done.

In any event, I don't believe either a six day creation or a 13.8 billion year creation / 6 day restoration, should separate us who are believers.  It seems clear to me that Jesus is the key.  What Jesus says in the New Testament regarding Adam's time can be taken as support for either position.  It does seem to rule out evolution however.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

What Jesus says in the New Testament regarding Adam's time can be taken as support for either position.  It does seem to rule out evolution however.

Not sure how you arrived at this conclusion.  The Ten Commandments rule out everything other than a literal six-day creation, with each day being a normal day.

Guest shiloh357

Actually the dinosaurs were on the earth in Adam's day.  There was not previous earth prior to the one we have now.  Dinosaurs are not millions of years old.  Carbon dating is highly unreliable because it makes certain assumptions about the carbon present in the atmosphere and in dead animals that are found not to be true.

This is not true in my opinion .

Putting aside carbon-dating, one only has to look at the stars in the heavens and the light that has been traveling to Earth for much longer than 6000 years.  This is in no way takes anything away from the majestic acts of creation / restoration that our triune God has done.

In any event, I don't believe either a six day creation or a 13.8 billion year creation / 6 day restoration, should separate us who are believers.  It seems clear to me that Jesus is the key.  What Jesus says in the New Testament regarding Adam's time can be taken as support for either position.  It does seem to rule out evolution however.

Yeah, not really buying that logic.  The ONLY reason we have Christians adopting the notion that the universe is 14 billion years old is because of the way we have allowed the atheistic scientific community to hi-jack how we look at the Bible and Christians have unfortunately bought into both an old earth and the theory of Evolution trying to make it fit the biblical account.  

And yes, it should be cause for separation.  Either you believe the Bible or you don't.  Either the Bible is inerrant, or it can't be trusted.

• Topic Count:  230
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

I fully believe in the 6 days of creation...I do think that there can be a time when Satan who was given dominion over the earth attempted to "be " God ...I just cannot imagine God creating Neanderthal man or dinosaurs to roam the earth at the same time. That is why I believe that " In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Then a cartaclismic occurance caused by God ...ice age etc destroyed the creatures on the earth and then.."The earth was formless and void...." I do not believe Adam and dinosaurs were at the same time.

Guest shiloh357

I fully believe in the 6 days of creation...I do think that there can be a time when Satan who was given dominion over the earth attempted to "be " God ...I just cannot imagine God creating Neanderthal man or dinosaurs to roam the earth at the same time. That is why I believe that " In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Then a cartaclismic occurance caused by God ...ice age etc destroyed the creatures on the earth and then.."The earth was formless and void...." I do not believe Adam and dinosaurs were at the same time.

Why wouldn't God have created dinosaurs and man at the same time?   We know next to nothing about dinosaurs what they ate and what they were like.  I think we have our image of dinosaurs created by Jurassic Park and not by science.  Science has nothing on dinosaurs but they have us conned into thinking that dinosaurs  and man could not have co-existed and we have never even thought to challenge them on that theory.

Why would God create an earth full of horrible creatures and where in the Bible does it say that that God destroyed the earth because of Satan's rebellion?   There is NOTHING in the Bible that even hints at such a thing.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  11/20/1980

I've assumed that the 6 days are not meant to be taken literally, and that they are not 24 hours as we know them as God is outside of time.  I cannot see how the earth is 6,000 years old, to me it makes no sense.  Look at the rocks, mountains , stars etc. I know God created them but did he create them to look old?

Dinosaurs appear to have been from a different age to men.  Not everything that has happened is recorded in the Bible but it doesn't mean it didn't happen.  I can see why some people have an issue with is but I just find it difficult to comprehend.

• Topic Count:  230
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

I think that is part of what I am failing to explain. We are attempting to limit God and what or when He created any of the beings that are being found in the ice or the complete bones of animals and manlike creatures. The creation WE know is from the creation of Adam and Eve in God'd image. I cannot accept the existence of dinosaurs living with Adam in the garden. These all seem to be from a different time. 

Why could God not have recreated the earth to what it is today from a previous one... He is going to do it again to rid the stain of sin.