WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,171
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Did you notice that the Pope NEVER mentions Jesus one time in this speech???

Did you also notice that the Pope NEVER spoke about the Christians who are suffering persecution and being slaughtered by ISIS and the Muslim Brotherhood, over in Iraq, Egypt, Libya, etc.???   Christians being crucified beheaded on a beach, burned alive, drowned, even little Christian children and the Pope doesn't even mention that.

This was a political visit, not a pastoral visit.

As a dear friend said to me:

"Him visiting Congress was like him sitting with the tax collectors.  Then he went to dinner with the homeless."

What did the phraisees say about Jesus when He sat with the tax collectors?

Jesus did not endorse a gay priest or put one in power. Jesus did not canonize a man who was known to have abused indians. Jesus did not endorse the teachings of a man who combined buddhism with Christianity. Jesus did not endorse global warming actions. Jesus did not call unbelievers His brothers. All of these things the pope did.

Luke 8:19 And His mother and His brothers came to Him. And they could not come near Him because of the crowd.
20 And it was told to Him by some , who said, Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside desiring to see You.
21 And He answered and said to them, My mother and My brothers are those who hear the Word of God and do it.

And you can produce no actual evidence of anything you claim.   All you've produced is heresay and quotes falsely applied.    

We have been over this already.

Do you understand the seriousness of bearing false witness against you nieghbor?  of repeating slander?

I showed evidence. I did not slander.

I think you will have to have evidence that comes from Catholic sources.

Wouldn't matter.  If you quoted from John Paul II to make the point, littleflower would dismiss it because he wasn't properly catechized.

I wish I could post some Malachi Martin quotes here.          How much of a book can I copy and post here legally?

Guest shiloh357

Did you also notice that the Pope NEVER spoke about the Christians who are suffering persecution and being slaughtered by ISIS and the Muslim Brotherhood, over in Iraq, Egypt, Libya, etc.???   Christians being crucified beheaded on a beach, burned alive, drowned, even little Christian children and the Pope doesn't even mention that.

"Him visiting Congress was like him sitting with the tax collectors.  Then he went to dinner with the homeless."

Jesus did not endorse a gay priest or put one in power. Jesus did not canonize a man who was known to have abused indians. Jesus did not endorse the teachings of a man who combined buddhism with Christianity. Jesus did not endorse global warming actions. Jesus did not call unbelievers His brothers. All of these things the pope did.

Luke 8:19 And His mother and His brothers came to Him. And they could not come near Him because of the crowd.
20 And it was told to Him by some , who said, Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside desiring to see You.
21 And He answered and said to them, My mother and My brothers are those who hear the Word of God and do it.

And you can produce no actual evidence of anything you claim.   All you've produced is heresay and quotes falsely applied.    

Do you understand the seriousness of bearing false witness against you nieghbor?  of repeating slander?

Wouldn't matter.  If you quoted from John Paul II to make the point, littleflower would dismiss it because he wasn't properly catechized.

I wish I could post some Malachi Martin quotes here.          How much of a book can I copy and post here legally?

As much as you think anyone would read.  If you are quoting long pages of stuff, don't expect it to get read.  Just post snippets to make the point.

As much as you think anyone would read.  If you are quoting long pages of stuff, don't expect it to get read.  Just post snippets to make the point.

People wouldn't accept snippets.  The main theme of instilling Satan on the throne of the Catholic Church takes about 55 pages to absorb all the details.   and another 400 to accept the possibility that it's all true.   But the book is free at  https://archive.org/details/WindsweptHouseAVaticanNovel.       While Malachi wrote the book as what he called a Factual Novel, other than the names of the people involved, he swore to me was all true....   and  several people who was around him on a personal level swears that he says and believes that it is all true.        Just reading the first 50 or so pages will put you into the mood of reading the entire book.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

I think 10-25% is what I read.

I think 10-25% is what I read.

I found the whole thing.....      https://archive.org/details/WindsweptHouseAVaticanNovel

the serious part starts on about page six, but you need to read the first six pages to get the background....    once you get up to about page 20, i doubt you will want to close the book.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

That has absolutely NOTHING to do with what I said, nor is this comparable to sitting with the tax collectors.    This is about the fact that a Pope who thinks he is a Christian has nothing to say about the plight of thousands of Christians who are being slaughtered while the world does nothing.   And he never mentions Jesus.   He will never get that opportunity again, and likely no other Christian leader will get that kind of platform and he squandered it on a bunch of social and political issues.

I'm sorry Shiloy but I completely disagree with you.

It has everything to do with what you said.  What you said failed to take into account the purpose of his visit to congress and your criticism of what he said or didn't say is  a result of that failure. You seem to think he had to mention Jesus.   I don't agree.  I see nothing that requires him to mention Jesus every time he speaks no matter who he's speaking to or why.    All I see here are statements that grossly distort the situation and place false requirements on the behavior of someone else.  No one has authority to dictate what another human being talks about at any given time.   

The words of my friend should help enlighten us as to what his purpose was.   I did expect that you would probably reject such an astute observation.

I have to disagree with part of the above comment, therese.  ANY Christian leader should be talking about Jesus constantly.  Jesus is the only game in town; you know that. I am not sure why Pope Francis would put greater emphasis on anything or anyone else.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

That has absolutely NOTHING to do with what I said, nor is this comparable to sitting with the tax collectors.    This is about the fact that a Pope who thinks he is a Christian has nothing to say about the plight of thousands of Christians who are being slaughtered while the world does nothing.   And he never mentions Jesus.   He will never get that opportunity again, and likely no other Christian leader will get that kind of platform and he squandered it on a bunch of social and political issues.

It has everything to do with what you said.  What you said failed to take into account the purpose of his visit to congress and your criticism of what he said or didn't say is  a result of that failure. You seem to think he had to mention Jesus.   I don't agree.  I see nothing that requires him to mention Jesus every time he speaks no matter who he's speaking to or why.    All I see here are statements that grossly distort the situation and place false requirements on the behavior of someone else.  No one has authority to dictate what another human being talks about at any given time.   

The words of my friend should help enlighten us as to what his purpose was.   I did expect that you would probably reject such an astute observation.

I have to disagree with part of the above comment, therese.  ANY Christian leader should be talking about Jesus constantly.  Jesus is the only game in town; you know that. I am not sure why Pope Francis would put greater emphasis on anything or anyone else.

I think a christian leader needs to say what the hearers need to hear.  I appreciate you disagree with Pope Francis as to what they needed to hear.  You may be right.  And if you are, then he slipped up.   He is a human being after all.   They way I see it, they all know he servers Christ.  he doesn't need to announce it everywhere he goes, it s a given.   What he did do was focus attention on the weak and defenseless and called on them as lawmakers to use their positions and power for good in line with Christ's words.    There was no doubt in anyone's mind that Jesus was part of his message even if Jesus' name wasn't mentioned.   

When it comes to preaching, there is a saying:

Preach always.   When necessary use words.   

Guest shiloh357

I think a christian leader needs to say what the hearers need to hear.  I appreciate you disagree with Pope Francis as to what they needed to hear.  You may be right.  And if you are, then he slipped up.   He is a human being after all.   They way I see it, they all know he servers Christ.  he doesn't need to announce it everywhere he goes, it s a given.   What he did do was focus attention on the weak and defenseless and called on them as lawmakers to use their positions and power for good in line with Christ's words.    There was no doubt in anyone's mind that Jesus was part of his message even if Jesus' name wasn't mentioned.   

When it comes to preaching, there is a saying:

Preach always.   When necessary use words.   

What they needed to hear and what he said were two different things.  What he was promoting was a liberal, socialistic, Marxist ideology of wealth re-distribution.   If he wanted to focus on the weak and defenseless, he should have mentioned the Christians who are being slaughtered while the world turns a blind eye.   If he were a Christian, that would have taken center stage because those Christians are weak and helpless.   He could have raised the issue about the Christians that the administration was detaining who were coming here for help.  

He could have raised the issue about the four Americans wrongly held by Iran when he was speaking at the UN, especially the pastor.   But he doesn't do that at all.  The issues pertinent to Christians would only be important to a Christian.  But he isn't a Christian.  He is nothing but a Marxist from S. America in religious garb.   They talk about wolves in sheep's clothing, but Francis proves we need to watch out for wolves in shepherd's clothing.