Guest shiloh357

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

With his climate change speech to the un, Ive been wondering, in idle speculation, if he is the false prophet. After reading this, Im inclined more and more to think that..

Full text of his speech here.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/read-pope-francis-yorks-st-patricks-cathedral/story?id=34023376

"... Not that these things are unimportant, of course. But we have been entrusted with a great responsibility, and this is why god's people rightly expect accountability from us but the true worth of our apostolate is measured by the value it has in god's eyes, to see and evaluate things from god's perspective, calls for constant conversion in the first days and years of our vocation and, need I say, it demands great humility.

"The cross shows us a different way of measuring success. Ours is to plant the seeds. God sees to the fruits of our labors. And if at times our efforts and works seem to fail and not produce fruit, we need to remember that we are followers of Jesus Christ and his life, humanly speaking, ended in failure, the failure of the cross...."

In only human terms, crucifixion can be seen as the abrupt termination of Christ's earthly ministry. I'm sure the Sanhedrin thought that Jesus had failed -- until they had to forbid their fellow Jews from saying his name in public (Acts 4:17)!!!

The Pope said two things...   He called Muslims his brothers and sisters and he called Jesus' work on the cross a failure.   He didn't go on and expound on the victory of the cross.  A true Christian leader would not have been so incompetent as to call the cross of Jesus a failure.  A true Christian would speak in terms of the victory of the cross over sin and not let a secular audience leave with the view that Jesus work on the cross was a failure.

Pope Francis is a real tool of Satan.

They are your brothers and sisters too in the human race Shiloh.    Beware of  imputing wrong meaning to the words of others. 

Please stop your venomous attack on the Pope.   None of the fruits of the Holy Spirit are being displayed in such highly offensive behavior being directed against anyone, including the Pope.  Hate is not the fruit of the Holy Spirit.  Hate comes from the enemy of Christ -  the one you mentioned above.  

Why would any christian give themselves over to such hate  Do people not understand that giving themselves over to hate means they give control over to the enemy of their souls?.  

Apparently they don't.  But that doesn't mean they can't learn that.

Guest shiloh357

With his climate change speech to the un, Ive been wondering, in idle speculation, if he is the false prophet. After reading this, Im inclined more and more to think that..

Full text of his speech here.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/read-pope-francis-yorks-st-patricks-cathedral/story?id=34023376

"... Not that these things are unimportant, of course. But we have been entrusted with a great responsibility, and this is why god's people rightly expect accountability from us but the true worth of our apostolate is measured by the value it has in god's eyes, to see and evaluate things from god's perspective, calls for constant conversion in the first days and years of our vocation and, need I say, it demands great humility.

"The cross shows us a different way of measuring success. Ours is to plant the seeds. God sees to the fruits of our labors. And if at times our efforts and works seem to fail and not produce fruit, we need to remember that we are followers of Jesus Christ and his life, humanly speaking, ended in failure, the failure of the cross...."

In only human terms, crucifixion can be seen as the abrupt termination of Christ's earthly ministry. I'm sure the Sanhedrin thought that Jesus had failed -- until they had to forbid their fellow Jews from saying his name in public (Acts 4:17)!!!

The Pope said two things...   He called Muslims his brothers and sisters and he called Jesus' work on the cross a failure.   He didn't go on and expound on the victory of the cross.  A true Christian leader would not have been so incompetent as to call the cross of Jesus a failure.  A true Christian would speak in terms of the victory of the cross over sin and not let a secular audience leave with the view that Jesus work on the cross was a failure.

Pope Francis is a real tool of Satan.

They are your brothers and sisters too in the human race Shiloh.    Beware of  imputing wrong meaning to the words of others. 

Please stop your venomous attack on the Pope.   None of the fruits of the Holy Spirit are being displayed in such highly offensive behavior being directed against anyone, including the Pope.  Hate is not the fruit of the Holy Spirit.  Hate comes from the enemy of Christ -  the one you mentioned above.  

Why would any christian give themselves over to such hate  Do people not understand that giving themselves over to hate means they give control over to the enemy of their souls?

The Pope is a idolater and a tool of Satan and we watched as millions of Americans fawned over him.   Millions of Americans gushed over the Pope yet they kick God out of schools and government.  The same people who revere the Pope would re-crucify Jesus if they could get away with it.   We watched as millions bought into the lie a little more.  

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

Terese,

Since you revere the pope, you believe that exposing his false doctrines and fair speeches is "hate".  But if you think about it in terms of whether his Unversalism will send people unwittingly to Hell, then Christians have no choice except to expose the lies which he is broadcasting worldwide.  I analyzed his recent homilies, and not one of them contains the true Gospel.  So here is what the Lord Jesus Christ says regarding the hatred of false doctrines and false practices (Rvelation 2):

2  I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:

6  But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.

15 So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.

Since you are on an evangelical Christian forum, you should be thankful that you are receiving Bible Truth which cannot be found in the RCC.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

Terese,

Since you revere the pope, you believe that exposing his false doctrines and fair speeches is "hate".  But if you think about it in terms of whether his Unversalism will send people unwittingly to Hell, then Christians have no choice except to expose the lies which he is broadcasting worldwide.  I analyzed his recent homilies, and not one of them contains the true Gospel.  So here is what the Lord Jesus Christ says regarding the hatred of false doctrines and false practices (Rvelation 2):

2  I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:

6  But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.

15 So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.

Since you are on an evangelical Christian forum, you should be thankful that you are receiving Bible Truth which cannot be found in the RCC.

The problem is Ezra, you aren't exposing anything false.  False claims are being promted, created from misunderstandings at best and ill-will and mal intent at the worst.   The behavior of some people here is false to christian teaching and values, and that's the problem,   Even the title of the thread is a lie.

Edited by thereselittleflower

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

Even the title of the thread is a lie.

How can it be a lie when it is a direct quote from Pope Francis? I have read the entire text, and he did stop with those very words.  Why don't you go and double-check?  Any genuine Gospel preacher would NEVER stop with such a phrase.  Had the Pope said "In the eyes of the world the Cross was a failure but in the eyes of God and of Christ it was a supreme victory" it would have been totally acceptable.  But he did not say that.  In fact I can quote you his very words that he was preaching Universalism DECEPTIVELY since we both know that according to Catholic teaching there is no salvation outside the Catholic Church.  It is time to open your eyes to the truth and not try and defend a system which is actually opposed to the Gospel.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

How can it be a lie when it is a direct quote from Pope Francis? I have read the entire text, and he did stop with those very words...

But Francis started with "humanly speaking," i.e., in only human terms, the Crucifixion can be seen as the abrupt termination of Christ's earthly ministry.

And according to the AP stylebook, to quote out of context is to misquote, so the headline is at least misleading.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  4,246
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

I don't know the final conclusion of  things still to come.

God in Holy scripture, gives us enough warnings as to what is right, what is wrong

and what we as followers of Christ Jesus need to do .

I came from a home were I was baptized in the Catholic faith, even thought I had on the side of my mother a bible believing grandfather who was just that , living his life through the Word of God.

I feel blessed in a way, that I never got so hung-up on the add-ons from the catholic church.

I always prayed to God through His only begotten Son Christ Jesus.

I never gave much importance to anything else, like praying to Mary or to saints.

But, after my father passed away when I was thirteen, and my mother began going to a Pentecostal church,

it is there that I learned a lot more of what is written in the bible and could see how some of the add-ons from the Catholic church

are not at all indicated in the bible.

Further along in my life, I have spoken with many Catholics and I see that many don't go to Christ Jesus with their problems, they rather first go to pray to a saint or the mother Mary first.  In that alone, I think is a big error, as it goes against biblical Holy scripture.

Whether some here are still practicing Catholics or not,  I think we need to be Christ-like in how we approach what is scriptural Truth and what is scriptural falsity.

As true believers in the Word of God found in the Holy Bible, we must stand in unison for its Truth.

The Catholic church has many add-ons and the danger in the add-ons is the neglect of the Truth found in the Holy Bible.

Agreed we need to show Christ-love in our behavior and interaction, but at the same time, its also appropriate to make a stand for what is biblically sound versus what is not.

To make a stand for the Truth of Holy scripture, we need to do so in agape Love and not use tricks of the devil by misleading quotes or other to try and prove a point. Because when we do so, we ourselves are no better than those who are also deceived.

I'd like to think all Catholics are true Christians, but sadly I think many are deceived and blinded by false beliefs that are unscriptural and undermine true biblical scripture..

We are on the topic about Catholicism, but being right with the Word and having a personal relationship with God through His Son Christ Jesus on a daily basis (as to how we live each day), is also something other christian denominations have to work on in their own hearts.

The loosening of the blindness happens when Gods Love, Mercy & Grace through his only begotten son Christ Jesus is working in the hearts of men.

Its by the Love, Mercy & Grace of God that the scales of blindness are lifted in a persons hearts.

In all the four gospels of the new testament, it is always indicated in the last chapters, that we who have found Christ Jesus, need to go into the world and be shining lights of His gospel unto others.

I am very grateful to those , over the years of my life,  who by sharing biblical scripture with me have helped me to look for myself into

Holy scripture and through prayer and Christ Jesus working in my heart, the scales of my own heart have been slowly lifted and continue onwards to be lifted as I continue on my daily relationship with Him.

Its by His Love, Mercy and Grace and my seeking Him through His Word, that my own heart has awakened and continues to awaken to His Truth.

Edited by 1to3
spelling

Guest shiloh357

How can it be a lie when it is a direct quote from Pope Francis? I have read the entire text, and he did stop with those very words...

But Francis started with "humanly speaking," i.e., in only human terms, the Crucifixion can be seen as the abrupt termination of Christ's earthly ministry.

And according to the AP stylebook, to quote out of context is to misquote, so the headline is at least misleading.

No one is quoting out of context.  To leave the "human understanding" of Jesus' cross as a failure in the minds of people, particularly the minds of the unregenerate crowd is wrong.   As a Christian, I would have said, "in human terms and by human reasoning, the cross of Jesus might look like a failure but it was the greatest victory in human history.  It was Jesus' victory over sin, death, and hell through HIs work on the cross.  It was God's victory over evil, over the devil, over the wickedness of our world."   I would have stressed that Jesus' death on the cross was God the Father's way of bringing man back into fellowship with himself. Instead, the Pope gave a false message leaving people to assume that Jesus' death was a failure on his part.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

No one is quoting out of context.  To leave the "human understanding" of Jesus' cross as a failure in the minds of people, particularly the minds of the unregenerate crowd is wrong.   As a Christian, I would have said, "in human terms and by human reasoning, the cross of Jesus might look like a failure but it was the greatest victory in human history.  It was Jesus' victory over sin, death, and hell through HIs work on the cross.  It was God's victory over evil, over the devil, over the wickedness of our world."   I would have stressed that Jesus' death on the cross was God the Father's way of bringing man back into fellowship with himself...

I would have said the same, or something similar, but both of us have a good command of the English language. As for Francis, his native language is Spanish; he also speaks Italian, Portuguese, French, German, Ukrainian and Piedmontese.

Apparently the Pope doesn't actually understand English and was "speaking" it from a phonetically prepared text; I think he would have done a better job finishing that sentence in Spanish, but he would have required a translator at the altar.