Watching for Jesus

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

A few years ago, I found the following information and with it, I formed a timeline for Daniel’s 70th week.

In certain 6 year periods, Pentecost through Rosh Hashanah equals 2,300 days

In certain 4 year periods, from the 9th of Av to Passover, there are 1,335 days.

I theorized that the 2,300 days prophecy of Daniel could possibly be fulfilled in the future from Pentecost to Rosh Hashanah and that the 1,335 days prophecy of Daniel could possibly be fulfilled in the future from the 9th of Av to Passover.

Here is the timeline of Daniel’s 70th week that I formed.

Covenant ----------------------------------------- 7 years ----------------------------------- > Jesus returns on the white horses

Pentecost ------------------------------- 2,300 days ------------------------------ > Rosh Hashanah

C - TB - DS begins ------------------------------ 2,300 days --------------------------------> Jesus returns on the white horses

9th of Av ---- 1,335 days ----> Passover

DS stopped --- 1,335 days --- > The day > 5 months > Jesus returns on the white horses

C - Covenant to begin Daniel's 70th week (Daniel 9:27)

TB – temple built

DS - daily sacrifice (Daniel 8:11-14)

The day - the 1,335th day of Daniel 12:11-12

5 months – 5 months of torment (Revelation 9:5-6)

Jesus returns on the white horses (Revelation 19:11-21)

This timeline is only possible in certain 7 year time periods; 2016-2023 is the next possible time period.

If this timeline is true, the covenant to start Daniel’s 70th week could possibly be signed in the late summer or fall of the year 2016.  I believe the covenant (an agreement between Israel and the other nations of the Middle East) will allow Israel to build a temple in Jerusalem.

I have found other reasons that also point to the years 2016–2023 as possibly being the final 7 year period before Christ returns.

I have posted this information because I believe that the Lord wants me to show it to others.  Time will tell if the things that I have found are a coincidence, or if they were shown to me by the Holy Spirit.

Jeff

Sometimes I wish I was bought up in the days of ancient Israel, because of their knowledge through the sanctuary centered economy. What you have bought up here is incredibly significant. 

From what i understand, I could be wrong, but the meaning of Rosh Hashanah coincides with the end of the ceremonial year, and the great day of atonement, where also books of record are examined to clear the names of any wrong doing, of those who wanted to be, or had been associated with the temple service.

The end of the 2300 days or years, was to be the beginning of the last phase of the temple service in heaven, typified in the old service - see Leviticus 16. Jesus began His ministry in the heavenly sanctuary after He ascended from earth to heaven. The earthly service took one ceremonial year, and was performed anew each year, but the heavenly service by our Lord would only be performed once, in behalf of earth. This ministry is about to close. These are what the visions of Daniel predict, seeing that he heard the angel asking "when shall these things all end?"

In chapter 9 of Daniel, the angel explains the times until Christ, from the rebuilding of the walls of Jerusalem and its temple, which took place under the order of Persian rule. It predicts the death of Christ, and the destruction of Jerusalem. yet the 2300 days or years, begin with the order to rebuild Jerusalem coming into effect, or "going forth" as Daniel puts it. The 2300 days end in the 1840's. So we can expect that at this time that there would be an examination of the books of record in heaven, like a judgement, as spoken of in Daniel 7:9-14. which shows that when this judgement is over, that Jesus will reign as King, and end His priestly ministry.

If we place these prophecies of Daniel 9 into the future, we miss out on the predicted fulfillment of Christ's own life, the reign of evil for 1260 years by the Papacy, and the final atonement for the world in the judgement.

When this judgement is finished so is earth. So we need to connect to heaven by faith through this final ministry of Christ. Hebrews 10 :35 -39. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/26/1977

William

Dan 12:1 - At that time Michael, the great prince who protects your people, will arise.  There will be a time of great distress, such as has not happened from the beginning of the nations until then, But at that time your people; everyone whose name is found written in the book will be delivered.  v4.  But, you Daniel, close up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end.  Many will go here and there to increase knowledge.  v.13  As for you, go your way till the end.  You will rest, and then at the end of the days you will rise to receive your allotted inheritance.

So has Daniel received his inheritance with all other Jews listed in the "book" at or around 70 AD.  I think not.  I only see the Jews being delivered into the hands of Rome.

Zech 12:8 - On that day the Lord will shield those who live in Jerusalem, so that the feeblest among them, will be like David.... v. 9 - On that day I will set out to destroy all the nations that attacked Jerusalem.   This did not happen in 70 AD.  So it must be at a future date.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Agreed.  The Book of Daniel climaxes with the obedience and subservience of Israel to the Jewish Messiah and his people (cf. 7.26-27), an end to sin and an ushering in of an era of righteousness (cf. 9.24), and the resurrection of the dead (cf. 12.1-3).  None of those things happened in 70 AD.  Even if we take Christ’s death and resurrection to have made an end of sin (though it seems better view as the basis for that than the event itself), why associate it with 70 AD?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

William

Dan 12:1 - At that time Michael, the great prince who protects your people, will arise.  There will be a time of great distress, such as has not happened from the beginning of the nations until then, But at that time your people; everyone whose name is found written in the book will be delivered.  v4.  But, you Daniel, close up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end.  Many will go here and there to increase knowledge.  v.13  As for you, go your way till the end.  You will rest, and then at the end of the days you will rise to receive your allotted inheritance.

So has Daniel received his inheritance with all other Jews listed in the "book" at or around 70 AD.  I think not.  I only see the Jews being delivered into the hands of Rome.

Zech 12:8 - On that day the Lord will shield those who live in Jerusalem, so that the feeblest among them, will be like David.... v. 9 - On that day I will set out to destroy all the nations that attacked Jerusalem.   This did not happen in 70 AD.  So it must be at a future date.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Agreed.  The Book of Daniel climaxes with the obedience and subservience of Israel to the Jewish Messiah and his people (cf. 7.26-27), an end to sin and an ushering in of an era of righteousness (cf. 9.24), and the resurrection of the dead (cf. 12.1-3).  None of those things happened in 70 AD.  Even if we take Christ’s death and resurrection to have made an end of sin (though it seems better view as the basis for that than the event itself), why associate it with 70 AD?

The person that insists these things happened in 70 A.D. is incorrect in their interpretation of this and other Scriptures.  I agree with your assessment above.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,059
  • Content Per Day:  14.50

William

In Christ

Montana Marv

The person that insists these things happened in 70 A.D. is incorrect in their interpretation of this and other Scriptures.  I agree with your assessment above.

Amillennialism must equate all prophecies to be filled by 70 AD.  They are forced to have John's Book of Revelation written before this time, instead of the commonly accepted date of 94 AD.  You and James Bejon are correct, in my opinion.  God has not forgotten His promises to His Chosen People (Jews).

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

Amillennialism is another attempt to circumvent the plain literal meaning of Scripture.  And if we go by that criterion, there is nothing in the book of Daniel connecting the feasts of the Lord with Daniel's 70th week. One can speculate, but unless there is Scripture to back up what we believe, it is mere conjecture.

There is no question that Daniel's 70th week must be integrated into the Olivet discourse as well as the book of Revelation.  Those events are still in the future, but getting closer and closer. Plans for the third Temple in Jerusalem are in place, so it is just a matter of time before those prophecies begin to be fulfilled.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  4,059
  • Content Per Day:  14.50

Amillennialism is another attempt to circumvent the plain literal meaning of Scripture.  And if we go by that criterion, there is nothing in the book of Daniel connecting the feasts of the Lord with Daniel's 70th week. One can speculate, but unless there is Scripture to back up what we believe, it is mere conjecture.

There is no question that Daniel's 70th week must be integrated into the Olivet discourse as well as the book of Revelation.  Those events are still in the future, but getting closer and closer. Plans for the third Temple in Jerusalem are in place, so it is just a matter of time before those prophecies begin to be fulfilled.

You are 100% correct.  When I studied Daniel in depth, it led me to the Olivet discourse and the Book of Revelation.  [As a side note: I don't remember enjoying a Bible Study as much as when I studied the Book of Daniel.  What a great prophet of God.]