IGNORED

Obama May Bypass Congress, Impose 'Order' For Gun Background Checks

WorthyNewsBot

Guest shiloh357

Well, then maybe being around them will help you confront your fears, and be able to make an educated decision.

By the way, very few people ever get shot at gun ranges. First there are safety rules put in place to keep everyone safe, second if some knucklehead is dumb enough to go on shooting spree at s gun range then chances are one of the other shooters will take care of the problem rather quickly.

I've heard this, lol It just sort of amazes me that inexperienced people like myself can show up on a gun range, and start firing a fun. I have a lot of fears with this as you can see. :huh:

Everyone is a beginner at some point.   You gotta start somewhere.  It would be better to go to a safe range with an experienced person to guide you than to just go out in the backyard and taking off shots and not know what you're doing. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

It is a topic that I wish had a conclusion, because it seems that the anti gun people tell one story (and it sounds convincing) and the pro gun people have a convincing story, too. What to believe, as someone who doesn't own a gun. I think I've always been too afraid to own a gun, Idk. But, I'm not anti gun, just sort of neutral maybe. Just wish I knew what to fully believe. :/

The most important thing to know is that every tyrant and dictator in history has disarmed his citizens. Oppressive governments are afraid of an armed populace. An armed populace is a free one.

Even the Japanese (during the Pearl Harbor invasion) knew better than to try and invade the U.S. mainland because in their own words "there's a gun behind every blade of grass."

When Hitler came to power he disarmed the Jews making it illegal for them to own guns. They begrudgingly gave up their arms believing that it was in their own interests to do so.

When it came to rounding them up and throwing them into camps, they were sitting ducks.

The only time that dictators re-arm their citizens is when they are called up for compulsory military service. Once they are 'part of the system', that's when they get their guns back.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,268
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

there have been a large number of stabbings in Israel for the past days.....      the problem isn't guns, it's people.

I have carried a hand gun off and on since I was 16...    almost everywhere when I was young before it became a felony here.  I got a ccp as soon as I could......   that would be 52 years I've carried weapons probably 75% of the time.....   and I've not shot anyone yet....   but I have kept from being mugged several times....   and who knows what that might have led up to.

One just must understand that the moment that you take a gun out of it's place, your freedom is in the hands of a District Attorney.  He can press all kinds of charges on you if he so desires even if you don't pull the trigger.     In Oklahoma one is very unlikely to be convicted of anything, but they can harass you and cause some rather expensive legal fees.   If one is going to carry all the time, one should be a member of one of the legal clubs that takes care of all the legal fees if you are arrested....

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,718
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

there have been a large number of stabbings in Israel for the past days.....      the problem isn't guns, it's people.

I have carried a hand gun off and on since I was 16...    almost everywhere when I was young before it became a felony here.  I got a ccp as soon as I could......   that would be 52 years I've carried weapons probably 75% of the time.....   and I've not shot anyone yet....   but I have kept from being mugged several times....   and who knows what that might have led up to.

One just must understand that the moment that you take a gun out of it's place, your freedom is in the hands of a District Attorney.  He can press all kinds of charges on you if he so desires even if you don't pull the trigger.     In Oklahoma one is very unlikely to be convicted of anything, but they can harass you and cause some rather expensive legal fees.   If one is going to carry all the time, one should be a member of one of the legal clubs that takes care of all the legal fees if you are arrested....

thats why Im a member of the NRA-if I can show them that the courts going after me for my guns theyll usually take the case, and I figure since the NRA is the most powerful legal entity in the US-im fairly safe. :D

NRA.jpg

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Pertinent to this thread...........

12112409_190148207984355_4176099952004382184_n.jpg