• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,309
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The soul that is willing to become nothing in all forms of being can then turn to God
and request to be filled with Him which 'IS' everything...
Luke 6:41-43
41 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye,
but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye? 42 Either
how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the
mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the
beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the
beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull
out the mote that is in thy brother's eye. 43 For a good tree
bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring
forth good fruit.

KJV
We all are subservient to God and to be in the place where God has placed us and do so
without variance but applying all of ones heart to honor Him in that place... to do no matter
what in love is the call of God upon our lives no matter what!  Love, Steven

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  603
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

I am very familiar with the scriptures about rape and having to marry the woman.  I fully understand why that law existed.  As far as sexual assault goes, there have been laws on the books about rape since the 1800s, so feminism wasn't needed to protect women in that instance.  Lack of enforcement will always remain a problem, as will some being prosecuted and others having crimes covered up.  The reason I brought up marriage is because I thought everyone knew rape was against the law all along, so I didn't see how it applied and still don't.  You will always have instances of people getting away with crimes, no matter what they may be. 

Any of these Bible topics you have brought up I am very familiar with.  I could easily go through them section by section with you.  I have read the Bible through at least 15 times.  I know what it says.  If you think I am unaware of something in scripture, and you want to discuss the topic, bring it up.  Start another thread, and we can examine it line upon line, precept upon precept.  I want the truth, but not according to anything but scripture when it comes down to what is right and wrong. 

The burden of proof is on you to prove an injustice took place, not the other way around.  Show me examples in scripture of these injustices and I will be glad to look at them.  You coming in here saying they exist but providing nothing to back it up isn't good enough. 

It is very simple, if someone is saying they are suffering, it is the responsibility of the church to listen and discern whether there was injustice because they are supposed to be competent to do this.  It is not rocket science that I need to even argue any further with.  It is an obvious precept that you are saying doesn't exist because of what?  You don't like the verses that I used and the illustrations that I have to prove my point that women should be taken seriously if they are saying they are suffering because when He created Eve, he created something that He loved.  That verse about the help meet you throw around is the only verse I need to prove my point that discerning whether injustice has taken place is a priority in addressing the subject of feminism.  He loved Eve and gave a special creation to Adam to care for.  If he is not doing this, it is an injustice against God.  

Edited by Esther4:14

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

It says to the women in...

Ephesians 5:22 - wives submit yourselves unto your "own" husbands...

I have personally seen in my walk with the Lord how some pastors over step their bounds in the authority they have in individuals personal family lives.  The scripture plainly says that the wives are to submit themselves unto their own husbands.  

My questions and thoughts are centered around just how much rule (authority) does a pastor or any spiritual leaders have in our personal lives?   Are the pastor ursurping their authority in the families according to the word?  How do others view the scripture in light of leadership positions verses the position of individual men being over their own wives and the wives being instructed not to submit to anyone but their own husbands.

The Pastor, assuming he is doing the office of a Bishop, as most do, has the oversight of the church and what goes on there.  As such, if a married woman is teaching a class or holding an office, he has the right to set standards and a job description.  He can do things like that, but he shouldn't try to push a married woman to do jobs when her husband is opposed to it, by putting a guilt trip on her.  They can try to manipulate her into doing things she doesn't even feel the Lord is leading her to do, and make it appear that anything he says is the voice of God.  According to the Bible, her own husband is her spiritual head, and his authority is always above the authority of the church leadership.  I haven't read through the entire thread, but those are my thoughts on what you asked in the OP. 

I agree with you Butero and I also understand what you mean when you are saying the pastors for the most part today are fulfilling the office of Bishop rather than the office of a pastor which is a whole other subject within itself.  I understand that the Pastor has authority in the office he gave him to fulfill in the church and I recognize it and respect job descriptions and standards.  But his authority stops in the church affairs and manipulating women into doing things by putting a guilt trip on her can get her into alot of conflict especially if her husband and families needs are being neglected as a result.  God doesn't drive wedges and I think the subject of the thread is timely especially in the day we live in when every thing seems to be backwards from what the bible tells and instructs us.  I think the information alone can bring peace to a lot of woman who are falling under the spell of pastors and church leaders who use manipulation as a tool to get things done they personally wants done but God is not in it.

God given authority is surely a given in the Church and the pastor does have a certain amount of authority.  But the wife is to submit to her husband even as the husband is to love the wife as Christ loved the church.  That does not mean that both don't acknowledge the authority of their pastor.  Some pastors do need to be called to account by God for their  abuse of that authority by over-stepping their limitations in this. Yet,  likely more often because they are so busy with church projects, programs, sermons, finances, etc. don't show enough concern about couples who need pastoral care and counseling.  Blessed is the congregation who has a pastor or pastors who exercise their authority with wisdom and love and who care!!  

And this is exactly what the thread is meant to focus upon as there is abuse of authority going on.  I will say on the part of pastors and on the part of husbands also.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

Yes, abuse of authority. Name a time in biblical history where authority has NOT been abused except by the righteous who follow God's precepts. 

Jesus!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

God given authority is surely a given in the Church and the pastor does have a certain amount of authority.  But the wife is to submit to her husband even as the husband is to love the wife as Christ loved the church.  That does not mean that both don't acknowledge the authority of their pastor.  Some pastors do need to be called to account by God for their  abuse of that authority by over-stepping their limitations in this. Yet,  likely more often because they are so busy with church projects, programs, sermons, finances, etc. don't show enough concern about couples who need pastoral care and counseling.  Blessed is the congregation who has a pastor or pastors who exercise their authority with wisdom and love and who care!!  

I would have to assume you are blessed to have a good Pastor at your church.  I am happy to hear there is someone who feels the desire to defend their own Pastor.  There are still some good ones out there, but there are many bad ones too. 

I do now but I have had some  who abused their authority so I do  know the difference.  We moved a lot over the 54 years of our marriage.  My statement was in regards to the use or abuse of authority not to "defend my pastor."  or not "defend my pastor."

Edited by seabrook

54 years! Amen seabrook!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,309
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

54 years! Amen seabrook!

yes I most definitely agree :amen: 

pastors vs husbands ... ... ... ... .... .... ... ... "game at 3"? ... .... ... .... who's the QUARTERBACK?????

This isn't a football game but pastors vs. husbands 101