IGNORED

Is Embryo adoption/donation or egg donation acceptable?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  24
  • Birthday:  10/15/1996

Well that's my point. I don't think it does make a difference and I don't see how it makes a difference how someone gets pregnant.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

Well that's my point. I don't think it does make a difference and I don't see how it makes a difference how someone gets pregnant.

It can in God's eyes.

If that's the case then how is my situation different?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,165
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

All I will add to what's been said is this: 

I've known several couples over the years who were unable to have children and went through all the treatment options including invitro . . . and wound up with a special needs child. One couple were not believers and it pretty much destroyed them financially, emotionally, and took out the marriage too due to all the care issues. The believers did a little better but still had a really, really rough go of it, and they said the worst part was wondering if they had run ahead of the Lord in their pursuit of having children.

Edited by walla299

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,173
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

this place surprises me just about every day....

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

If that's the case then how is my situation different?

It doesn't affect you.You were just an innocent baby.Now if you were to go out and have a sexual relationship with a female that is a sin unless you were married.The baby is the innocent result.But we are all sinners when we are born because of Adam and Eve and the fall.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

I'd like advice regarding having possible embryo donation or egg donation.  Is it acceptable to have one of these treatments from a Christian perspective?

Since we do not find any reference to such practices in Scripture, and since this does not follow the natural course of events, the Christian perspective would be to ask the Lord to remove the obstacles and provide a couple with a child which is truly theirs. Barring that there are endless opportunities for adoption, and there are a lot of children who could benefit from Christian care.  There can be all kinds of unpleasant issues following embryo or egg donation which are not evident until must later.

I'd like advice regarding having possible embryo donation or egg donation.  Is it acceptable to have one of these treatments from a Christian perspective?

Since we do not find any reference to such practices in Scripture, and since this does not follow the natural course of events, the Christian perspective would be to ask the Lord to remove the obstacles and provide a couple with a child which is truly theirs. Barring that there are endless opportunities for adoption, and there are a lot of children who could benefit from Christian care.  There can be all kinds of unpleasant issues following embryo or egg donation which are not evident until must later.

You're right...It's not in the bible....so why is it you get to decide what the Christian perspective should be on matters that are not addressed?

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

You're right...It's not in the bible....so why is it you get to decide what the Christian perspective should be on matters that are not addressed?

Because every Christian gets to decide what is acceptable or unacceptable.  If you have some reasons for believing this is acceptable in the light of Scripture, please enlighten us.

I'm not about to add anything to the bible...pretty sure we're told not to do that. You're the one who has decided it's not ok....why?