IGNORED

Is Embryo adoption/donation or egg donation acceptable?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

PaulTimothy, I'm afraid I am still trying to make a decision.  All I know is that I'm feeling depressed at the thought of doing nothing about my situation.  However I don't want to make the wrong decision either and I haven't anyone really to ask for advice.

I appreciate all the replies.  This is a topic that is causing a lot of anxiety even though I pray to God about it on a regular basis. 

Thanks

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

20 minutes ago, wouldlikeadvice said:

I appreciate all the replies.  This is a topic that is causing a lot of anxiety even though I pray to God about it on a regular basis. 

Since there are hundreds (or thousands) of children who could be adopted, what seems to the be problem?  People unable to have children simply adopt as many as they want.  This would fall in line with God's concern for orphans.

Ezra, I am very interested in adoption but I've heard that it's very difficult and that is why I have looked at the other options available. 

Edited by wouldlikeadvice

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

30 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Since there are hundreds (or thousands) of children who could be adopted, what seems to the be problem?  People unable to have children simply adopt as many as they want.  This would fall in line with God's concern for orphans.

What seems to be the problem is your inept ability to give this woman a reply deserving her time to be read. You act as if the decision is flippant, 'you can't make babies so go get one of the ones available' is basically your stance; apparently its like going to the grocery store. I pray you never have to make a decision as difficult, you'd surely be lost.

6 minutes ago, wouldlikeadvice said:

Ezra, I am very interested in adoption but I've heard that it's very difficult and that is why I have looked at the other options available. 

PM me, I'll give you some resources. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,188
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I would just say that there is a special bond when a mother carries a child in her womb for 9 months and I'll leave it at that.

PaulTimothy, I have sent you a pm.

otherone, I think that what you say is true about there being a special bond.  I'm still stuck because I think I might be too old and have tried to accept being childless but I'm always regretting and I'm getting very depressed and withdrawn.  I don't know what to do about my situation.

Edited by wouldlikeadvice

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

17 hours ago, PaulTimothy said:

What seems to be the problem is your inept ability to give this woman a reply deserving her time to be read. You act as if the decision is flippant..

What seems to be the problem is that you have a chip on your shoulder, for whatever reason.  Couples unable to have children consider adoption daily.  Nothing flippant about it, since there are some very needy and precious children out there without a proper home. Therefore the needs on both sides can be fully satisfied.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,188
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Well I don't know what you consider too old.  My daughter didn't even get married till she was in her early 30's   She had Max  three years ago so she would have been 37.   She didn't have any problems.....   if you are not in good health, that is something to think about and especially if you are over 45.

I might be wrong but I think the late age births are more of a problem with old eggs than an older body, but your doctor should be the one you ask.   Health I would think is more important than age....

I have adopted extended family (uncle/aunt) and all of them are loved and treated just like natural born....   well except one and one of my niece's.      her mom and dad tried for years to have children and didn't get it worked out and they adopted and about a month after they picked up their adopted one she got pregnant....  The only problem with the whole family would be when the kids got into an argument the adopted one would tell the natural one that she was special for they just had her and she was picked out because she was special....      You would never know she was adopted and they were a very close family and I think the girls sill are.   Either way you decide to go is a marvelous experience.....    but crazy as it sounds, I really have been a bit envious of that special relationship between my wife and the kids.   I'd carry one and go through childbirth in a heartbeat for that experience even though it is a lot of trouble....    we have two the natural borne but I would have adopted if we could not have our own.

I have some distant cousins that have gone on to heaven now, but when they were younger they were foster parents for years......    a couple of the little babies they took care of for a year and a half, they would not let DHS have them back and adopted the both of them.....   super kids and super family and thier natural son treated them like blood family....    Everyone I can think of had no problems with the adoption throughout life....  I might add though they all made sure that their kids at a very early age knew they were adopted, but were told they were specially picked out and a huge amount of trouble to go through to be thier parents.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

5 hours ago, Ezra said:

What seems to be the problem is that you have a chip on your shoulder, for whatever reason.  Couples unable to have children consider adoption daily.  Nothing flippant about it, since there are some very needy and precious children out there without a proper home. Therefore the needs on both sides can be fully satisfied.

That is a proper comment, your previous comments haven't been.

"Since there are hundreds (or thousands) of children who could be adopted, what seems to the be problem?  People unable to have children simply adopt as many as they want.  This would fall in line with God's concern for orphans."

First of all there are millions of orphaned children in the world, secondly adoption isn't "simple," thridly what about God's concern for the OP? 

That is just from disecting one comment. You are correct about the chip on my shoulder; this chip being all the comments from uninformed people, who have nothing to offer, but unscriptural or scripturally weak opinions. So you are corrent about something.

Edited by PaulTimothy

Kari,  I appear to have not replied to thank you for your reply.  I'm always thinking about what I should do and I pray to God about it.  I'm still anxious though because I want to do the right thing.