• Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

:sherlock:

Although (Well Meaning?) Men Belittle And Mock It

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 (New International Version)

The Word Of God Still

"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

Stands

For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that everyone who believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 (Berean Study Bible)

Yes!

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16 (King James Version)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Excellent point Joe, - all those versions you quoted change John 3:16- only the KJV contains the word "begotten"

Romans 8:15 - For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. - 8:29 - For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

1 John 3:2 - Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Jesus was not created, he was begotten. (Colossions 1:12-18) - I was created but i was not born as a son of God. I was born again as a son of God.

So the new versions are in error.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,059
  • Content Per Day:  13.90

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.  [John 3:16 New American Standard Bible]

For God so loved the world that He gave the only begotten Son, so that everyone believing in Him should not perish, but should have eternal life.  [John 3:16 Berean Literal Bible]

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life.  [John 3:16 American Standard Version]

“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.  [John 3:16 New American Standard Bible 1977]

Is it being suggested that the KJV is the only correct bible translation?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

My Dear KJV

To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men. Titus 3:2

Used To Condemn Bible Believers? 

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. Romans 8:1

~

Beloved, When I Hear Angry Men Turning Folk Away From The Bibles Of Their Heart

And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 2 Timothy 2:24

I Almost Cry From Their Words Of Hate And Contempt

Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish. Matthew 18:14

Then I Remember

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Galatians 5:22

The Word

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. John 13:34

Love, Your Brother Joe

Joe, don't misunderstand... as the video said = the new versions are only for money! Zondervan is owned by Rupert murdoch, who owns harper collins and publishes the satanic bible. Other publishers don't even believe in a inerrant inspired bible. It's just a translation - not even James White believes their is an error free Bible. Thats the main reason for the footnotes, no one knows what is should say. If anyone thinks the NIV or NASB is error free, then they should know not one Bible scholar agrees. FACT.

I'm not condemning anyone, just exposing their lies and hypocrisy. They are not Bible believers they are bible doubters and corrupt God's word. It all started with the Gnostics in Alexandria Egypt in the 1st century and Satan is still corrupting the Bible and using false brethren to do it.

ALL new versions come from the corrupt Westcott and Hort text. They weren't even Christians. The NU - or Nestle aland greek text was made under supervision of the Vatican. The modern versions are very "inter-denominational". Inside the cover of the Nestles text you see the name Carlo M. Martini.

Not only that but the new versions are "gender inclusive" - look in any new bible. You will most likely see in the intro pages a gender policy. Meaning there is no manuscript support for it. They are ashamed of the word of God and change words "he, his him" etc to include females. The KJV is not excluding them in those passages referring in a general sense to humanity or  mankind; as woman was taken from man (Genesis 2:22)

there are over 200 english translations all produced for money. Christianity is mocked because of this and is a stumbling block to a lot of Muslims etc.. Try witnessing to one and they will most likely themselves bring up the fact Catholics gave us the Bible and that God is not the author of confusion, and we have contradicting bibles.

It all comes down to final authority. Is man your authority? yourself? or the word of God? is it inerrant / infallible ? and Where/what is it?

Proverbs 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him

Psalm 12:6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. 7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

Psalm 138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,264
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I have yet to see any English translation that properly translates all of the Greek text....     No matter what manuscripts are used.

I have yet to see any English translation that properly translates all of the Greek text....     No matter what manuscripts are used.

Properly? According to who? What is your authority?

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

Please provide an example of an "improper" translation from the KJV, and please don't bring up "Easter" (Acts 12:4) since for their time Passover/Feast of Unleavened Bread (Greek pascha) was "Easter". Admittedly that should have been "Passover"  but it does not affect doctrine or the essential meaning.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

ALL new versions come from the corrupt Westcott and Hort text. They weren't even Christians. The NU - or Nestle aland greek text was made under supervision of the Vatican. The modern versions are very "inter-denominational". Inside the cover of the Nestles text you see the name Carlo M. Martini.

1. Most Christians are not aware of the history of modern Bible versions and the real reason why they proliferated.

2. Most pastors and teachers have swallowed the propaganda regarding the Critical Texts, and have been attacking the KJV as inferior and unreliable.

3. Almost all (if not all) seminaries and Bible schools have taken Westcott & Hort's theory as Gospel truth, and trained their students to promote modern versions.

4. Most readers do not understand that modern versions are attacks on the Bible and Bible doctrine, and that there are at least 1,500 doctrinal attacks which are either subtle or blatant.

5. Most people forget that the Catholic Church hated the KJV and did everything to subvert it, and that the Critical Texts were used for this purpose at the time when the Church of England was being subverted to Catholicism in the 19th century.

6. Most people forget that William Tyndale was a martyr (burned at the stake) for the same Bible that we call the KJV, since the bulk of this translation is from Tyndale.