• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

The fall of Satan would have created a major disruption in the pre-Adamic world:

?

Considering That In The Pre-Adamic World

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. Genesis 1:26-27

There Was No Earth

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. Genesis 1:1

Nor Stars

And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
Genesis 1:15-17

This Statement Of Guessers

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

Flies Away In The Face

Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.
Genesis 2:1-3

Of God's Word

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
Exodus 20:8-11

I Think

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
John 1:1-5

Word study on “without form and void” shows two appearances: Gen 1:2 and Jer 4:23. These two places are identical in description.

Jeremiah 4:23
I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.

This passage is of particular interest because of its description of the divine judgment upon the land of Israel in the exact same terms used of the ruined earth in Genesis 1:2.  Jeremiah must, therefore, have understood the Genesis 1:2 description in this same way.  Therefore, Gen 1:2 should refer to a divine judgment.

~

?

Divine Judgement?

And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day. Genesis 1:31

So Simple Even A Five Year Old Can Get It

I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation. Psalms 119:99

Lucifer was in the garden of Eden (Ezk 28:13-19) as an anointed cherub. However, in Gen 3 he appeared as a serpent. Are these two Gardens of Eden the same? Something must have happened between the sinless cherub and the sinful serpent. Ezk 28:13 says, "Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God..." past tense.

~

?

Eden, The Garden Of God

Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. Ezekiel 28:13

And A Garden God Planted In Eden

And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.
And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads.
Genesis 2:8-10

Beloved, Do You Really Think
The Mountain Of God Is The Same Place?

Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.
Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned:
therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. Ezekiel 28:13-16

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.65
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Ezra said:

While the creation of the angels is not mentioned in Genesis 1, Job 38:1-7 would suggest that the angels were also created on the first day of creation, and saw the foundations of the earth being laid. Since angels radiate light, it is entirely possible that when God said "Let there be light" the angels also came into existence along with the cosmic light (which was different from that of the sun).

Since angels are not eternal beings but created spirit beings, and all God's creative acts took place within those first six days, the angels must be fitted into that time frame.  One can only surmise that the omission of the creation of angels was deliberate, so that men would focus on the creation of the world and humanity.

In my opinion, this is a bigger jump in speculation than the Gap Principle.  Day One starts in verse 3 with God's first spoken words.  This is the restoration of the Creation that first occurred in verse 1, of which we can only speculate.  By your reasoning, God created darkness.  By my reasoning, darkness shows that absence of God because of His judgment on some prior Creation.  God figuratively turned His back on this Creation hence the darkness.

14 hours ago, hmbld said:

You are claiming the entire creation account happened in the first verse of the bible, then, without explanation, it directly goes to a "Re-creation" event.

The "gap" in time is consistent with other time gaps in the Old Testament.  I don't have my resources handy to give you examples, but if you need examples, I can provide them later.  Being students of the Bible as I believe we both are you should not have any trouble finding them.  The time gaps will be seen mostly in the historical books of the Bible, if I remember correctly.

8 hours ago, FresnoJoe said:

Word study on “without form and void” shows two appearances: Gen 1:2 and Jer 4:23. These two places are identical in description.

Jeremiah 4:23
I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.

This passage is of particular interest because of its description of the divine judgment upon the land of Israel in the exact same terms used of the ruined earth in Genesis 1:2.  Jeremiah must, therefore, have understood the Genesis 1:2 description in this same way.  Therefore, Gen 1:2 should refer to a divine judgment.

The analysis above is correct.

Divine Judgement?

And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.  Genesis 1:31

Verses and sentences were a manmade invention.  Genesis 1:31 applies to the restoration project begun in Genesis 1:3, God's first restoration work.  It's obvious.

I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation.  Psalms 119:99

And yet, you don't seem to get it!

15 hours ago, Riverwalker said:

Under what auspices or authority do we attempt to moderate the word of God to try and get it to change to fit the modern thinking of man in areas so vastly unproven as origin and evolution.

God said what He did, God said how He did it and God said when He did it.   and if the modern thinking of man disputes this, it is wrong.  Which was the original intent of the post. To offer one explanation to the modern thinking error that the universe is billions of years old.  But in the end we don't NEED an explanation.   What we NEED to do is accept God at His word and realize that no matter how much "sense" modern thinking makes (a highly debatable proposition BTW) it is in error.

God said, what, when, how He made creation.....and who are we to argue that?

No one is saying He didn't.  Aren't you following the discussion?  We are all taking the scriptures literally.  There's a question involving the meaning of what God inspired the writers to record.  To me, it's a discussion among mature Christians, not necessarily helpful for evangelizing.  YEC may be a stumbling block: it was to me.

5 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

The analysis above is correct.

Divine Judgement?

And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.  Genesis 1:31

Verses and sentences were a manmade invention.  Genesis 1:31 applies to the restoration project begun in Genesis 1:3, God's first restoration work.  It's obvious.

I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation.  Psalms 119:99

And yet, you don't seem to get it!

:thumbsup:

Sure

There is nothing but truth in your word, and all of your righteous regulations endure forever. Psalms 119:160 (GOD'S WORD® Translation)

Enough

Do not add to His words Or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar. Proverbs 30:6 (New American Standard Bible)

But, But But....

For in six days the LORD made the heavens, the earth, the sea, and everything in them; but on the seventh day he rested. That is why the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and set it apart as holy. Exodus 20:11 (New Living Translation)

Love, Your Brother Joe

16 minutes ago, FresnoJoe said:

But, But But....

For in six days the LORD made the heavens, the earth, the sea, and everything in them; but on the seventh day he rested. That is why the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and set it apart as holy. Exodus 20:11 (New Living Translation)

Love, Your Brother Joe

Exodus 20:11 “For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day and made it holy.  [NASB]

This is in reference to the six days of restoration work.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

8 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Exodus 20:11 “For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day and made it holy.  [NASB]

This is in reference to the six days of restoration work.

It clearly states "made". Not restored, recreated or anything else. God created in six days. I thought along your line of reasoning, maybe 5 or 6 years ago some good folks here at worthy showed how actually studying the wording of the bible leaves no room for a gap. You have to add to the bible and ignore certain scripture to make this gap theory work. And the stumbling block is when we refuse to believe and submit to God's word,