• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Or, as Pam said before, you could become proud that you don't do all this stuff but others do.  It's like the Pharisee praying to God in thanks that he was not like the sinner crying out and beating his breast in repentance.  If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves.  If we really do not think we have pride, the worst thing to do is say it (sounds like bragging, right?)

:)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

Just remember, kids: pride is a sin, and perfection is a delusion (no offense taken :o)

Jesus was deluded then.

Jeff, I was very obviously talking about our present perspective.  Don't worry though, if you let Him, He will change you from glory to glory, transforming you by the renewing of your mind by His life-giving Word, into a reflection of His image.. ....

maybe too not understanding english? 

:   Jesus is perfect, always was, and particularly and specifically IS PERFECT in "our present perspective" ;   and Jesus IS NOT deluded ((obviously!)).

LOL, our sister understands English probably better than we do .

Ok, Jeff, let me spell it out as clear as I can.  I was talking about human beings, not Jesus.  Your reply was way out of context.  Jesus never sinned, was always humble and never struggled with pride.  He is perfect, you are right, I agree.

Human beings will never be perfect, at least not on our own.  In this way, we are deluded if we think we are perfect.  NOT JESUS.

Is that clear  now?

:)

Just remember, kids: pride is a sin, and perfection is a delusion (no offense taken :o)

Jesus was deluded then.

Jeff, I was very obviously talking about our present perspective.  Don't worry though, if you let Him, He will change you from glory to glory, transforming you by the renewing of your mind by His life-giving Word, into a reflection of His image.. ....

:   Jesus is perfect, always was, and particularly and specifically IS PERFECT in "our present perspective" ;   and Jesus IS NOT deluded ((obviously!)).

I could be wrong, my dear, but i think Jeff was asking if he understood my english? Lol!

But you are very sweet.  Not bad with english, but I could be better.  :D

Jesus was deluded then.

I could be wrong, my dear, but i think Jeff was asking if he understood my english? Lol!

But you are very sweet.  Not bad with english, but I could be better.  :D

Well, then it's me that needs to go back to school ! Love you both very much and apologize for interjecting there. 

The white stones ? That is true brother. I hold a stone, as do you. Neither of us has anymore than hope in Christ Jesus that the stone we posses is white. 

Let me ask you something about the " stones " brother. Can you trade that stone ? 

((hahaha  no worries all the good names AREn't taken   :D ....    the ones on white stones are yet to be revealed, and many more are still available....    and no,   english comprehension is not the real question here.... except for instance what God says about being perfect, VS the wrong ideas people everywhere get thinking they can't be perfect as He says to be....)) edited in after last post 

Ok, Jeff, let me spell it out as clear as I can.  I was talking about human beings, not Jesus.  Your reply was way out of context.  Jesus never sinned, was always humble and never struggled with pride.  He is perfect, you are right, I agree.

Human beings will never be perfect, at least not on our own.  In this way, we are deluded if we think we are perfect.  NOT JESUS.

hmmmm....     maybe still not understanding english ((but that's all I have at the moment))  

in OT and in NT Yahweh told His people 1) to be holy, because He is holy  2) to be perfect because our Father in heaven is perfect  3)  to walk as He((Yeshua(Jesus))) walked because we are His   4) to be obedient 'as a rule', not disobedient - walking in the Light as He is in the Light; yet then IF anyone stumble, IF anyone continue in sin or sin inadvertantly, He tells us how to be clean from our sin even then ((1 John, etc)), after being Purchased by His Blood  and His Atonement being made for us, on our behalf, so we can "in the present" LIVE IN UNION with Him now, TODAY, as we live and walk on earth.  ((Frequent references throughout the NT of believers / followers of Jesus immersed in His Name/ born again set apart ones/  LIVING in UNION with Jesus and with one another....   5)  several references to living holy lives ,  not bending our knees to baal,  holding fast to His Name, all through the NT , particularly Ephesians and Revelation....  

i.e. so the real delusion and pride both follows from not believing what God Himself says about us and  about all the followers of Jesus alive and abiding IN HIM and doing as He Says, relying and trusting in HIM, simply.

God requires holiness, for He is holy, but even Jesus said to Nicodemus: "Why do you call me good?  God alone is good."

We're not even good.  

Are you claiming perfection, Jeff???? :o

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings

Why would anyone have to STRIVE towards perfection if we could be perfect in this corruptible body?,,,,

King James Bible
Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
                                                                                                      Philippians 3:12

Hi Matt,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I put slippers on this morning,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol    God bless you Brother,to God be all the Glory & to Him we give our thanks

With love-in Christ,Kwik

05075e2a8bb33b8b74726c971cd84d6b.jpg