• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,730
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

actually, what rusty said isnt wrong. That is the only truth WE HAVE to know to get to heaven. There is certainly more to know, but that is the only one we need to know.

But, seeing as this post has turned into exactly what I predicted...nothing but a slugging match. a way to finger point and cause division. Nothing Christ honoring in this thread.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  334
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

May I get a list of " pure translations " and actual God-inspired text ? 

Subject for another thread.

Good point, thanks brother.

not really, if you want to know the truth about which translations are best then this is the thread for that as well

the magazine supports 3--NIV1984, NASB, & the KJV

I understand Archeologists point maybe? .... when some self-professed Christians are given the literal truth of the Bible some will make excuses or get defensive rather than accept it, particularly if it means an opinion or lifestyle change is in order.

i think we can see some of it in this thread as well. there are comments that make one suspicious and if we look at the Christmas or communion thread, you can see more of it

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,730
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I understand Archeologists point maybe? .... when some self-professed Christians are given the literal truth of the Bible some will make excuses or get defensive rather than accept it, particularly if it means an opinion or lifestyle change is in order.

i think we can see some of it in this thread as well. there are comments that make one suspicious and if we look at the Christmas or communion thread, you can see more of it

And now, your true colors have shown-you have no actual want, or need for the truth-you just want to use this thread-to flame others who disagree with you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.67
  • Days Won:  37

what exactly is the point of this? Do you really thing anyone will say anything besides they want the truth? You really think someone, who honestly, wants a lie, is going to answer this poll honestly?

if they are honest, they will answer honestly.

i have found throughout the years that people really do not want the truth so yes there is a point to this. how many people will be honest, is the question.

Are you saying that if people do not vote that they are dishonest?

read what i wrote again.

And if they don't answer at all?  What does that say?

And now, your true colors have shown-you have no actual want, or need for the truth-you just want to use this thread-to flame others who disagree with you.

people who make accusations really should have roof before they speak. your comment is nowhere close to what is represented in those posts

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.33
  • Days Won:  20

not really, if you want to know the truth about which translations are best then this is the thread for that as well

This would need a separate thread since the NIV, the NASB, and the KJV are not equal by any means.

This would need a separate thread since the NIV, the NASB, and the KJV are not equal by any means.

the Bible says that God will preserve his word and those three translations have preserved his word in English quite well. The fault lies with those who use the 'science of hermeneutics' to get back to the original words when in reality there are no real manuscripts or autographs that contain 'the original words'* to compare with.

I am not a fan of the NET Bible and there are some like the message and another that are products of people's personal bias and have nothing to do with God at all.

* by that phrase I mean the words actually penned by the biblical authors, given that we have the original words of God today since he preserved his word. if he didn't then he would not be a fair and just God.

Edited by archaeologist55

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.67
  • Days Won:  37

.May I get a list of " pure translations " and actual God-inspired text ? 

I have never heard that there is such a  thing as a "pure translation."   I am not even sure what that is supposed to mean..

Here's a step towards a Revelation from the Father in heaven.....

Titus 1:15 
Parallel Verses
New International Version
To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted.

New Living Translation
Everything is pure to those whose hearts are pure. But nothing is pure to those who are corrupt and unbelieving, because their minds and consciences are corrupted.

English Standard Version
To the pure, all things are pure, but to the defiled and unbelieving, nothing is pure; but both their minds and their consciences are defiled.

Berean Study Bible
To the pure, all things are pure; but to the defiled and unbelieving, nothing is pure. Indeed, both their minds and their consciences are defiled.

Berean Literal Bible
To the pure all things are pure; but to those being defiled and unbelieving, nothing is pure. Instead, both their mind and conscience are defiled.

New American Standard Bible 
To the pure, all things are pure; but to those who are defiled and unbelieving, nothing is pure, but both their mind and their conscience are defiled.

King James Bible
Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
To the pure, everything is pure, but to those who are defiled and unbelieving nothing is pure; in fact, both their mind and conscience are defiled. 

International Standard Version
Everything is clean to those who are clean, but nothing is clean to those who are corrupt and unbelieving. Indeed, their very way of thinking and their consciences have been corrupted. 

NET Bible
All is pure to those who are pure. But to those who are corrupt and unbelieving, nothing is pure, but both their minds and consciences are corrupted.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
For to the pure everything is pure, but to those who are defiled and unbelieving nothing is pure, but their mind and conscience is defiled.

While this is a beautiful verse, it's context has nothing to do with bible translations which, by their very nature, cannot perfectly capture all that is contained and communicated in the original languages.  This is a simply statement of fact that all properly educated translaters know.

Edited by thereselittleflower

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  308
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,151
  • Content Per Day:  4.59
  • Days Won:  327

Okay I will bite,

we all want the truth , but when people are set in there ways, many are not able to handle the truth  !

because they are to prideful and will not give into the truth, when they see they are wrong, and instead of facing truth ,  and this is where we believe a lie, for if we deceive our selves to believe a lie, then there is no more truth with in, and everything becomes a lie

and God is not with in you , for you are not, abiding in the truth to start with

did I pass this test  ?, that's fun lets do it again, LOL                                                    posted by SINNERSAVED

Amen,,,,,,could not have said it better myself!!!!