IGNORED

DID YOU CHOOSE GOD ! ,OR DID HE ALREADY CHOOSED YOU ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,859
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

Demos I had almost the same      experience, as a believer thought, but I was unrepented.  

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

8 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I have to be carefull, not to assume that I know or that I figure this one out, and even if somehow I do, you can always say, or change your mind or perhaps hide from me, and say; that's not it. Because that could mean more than one thing.

God can change his mind as you can see in the story of Jonas, to us good when he started by intending to do harm. Because he is merciful and kind and he rewards repentance with good istand of bad or punishment. 

If in the old when he had a rule ofan eye against eye he did that, how about today when he was still here on earth and before he shed the blood of the new covenant he was practicing no more an eye against eye, but forgiveness, turn the other chick, mercy, having more than one coat and giving away the other, been himself punish for us, died for us, many things he change so he can do good to us.  

Thank you for your huh.... I work around it.

I see what you are saying , but I have a question to what you just stated, where did a eye for a eye come from, Jesus mentioned it, but is there a scripture, to show this , or was this a saying among the people ? I am curious, thank you.

Guest shiloh357
37 minutes ago, gdemoss said:

God changes his mind without changing his person.  

I was his enemy so he sent a messanger to me to reconcile me unto himself.  I was lost and dead in tresspass and sin.  Gods ears were closed unto my prayers until I received His messanger and righteously approached Him in humility agreeing with Him about what he said of me.  He changed His mind about me because I changed my face.

God changes not.  God changes His position on the created thing when said created thing changes its position with sin.

I have to conform unto God.  The more I do that the more He changes His mind about me.  I have increased in favor with God as I have been proven to walk with Him and be as He is in this world.  Praise God that I can change through the faith operation of God who molds me at my request to be like Him. For I am ashamed everytime it is revealed that I am not yet molded into His perfect selfless image.

God never changed his mind about you.   You changed and God responded to the change that occurred in YOU.    You have no text from Scripture that supports your claims about God.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  7,859
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

50 minutes ago, SINNERSAVED said:

I see what you are saying , but I have a question to what you just stated, where did a eye for a eye come from, Jesus mentioned it, but is there a scripture, to show this , or was this a saying among the people ? I am curious, thank you.

An eye for an eye and a tooth agaist a tooth was part of the old Mosaic covenant. Those were the words of God to the prople of Israel  . That was a huge rule in their culture, and between them and their God. I hope that I don't read to much into that, it was like that; good for good, obedience for my blessing and security, and my anger and punishment for your disobedience, some times God acted swiftly, and sometimes was waiting. 

They practice the same in their communities. They stone the sinners the adulterous woman, blasphimy of God. and so on. Repentance won't save them. No sacrifise was available for some situations. If some one accidentally kill one of your relatives, you had the right to find him and kill him on the spot. 

It was not like Kain, whom God protected, it was exactly the opposite. 

There was no repentance for many things, for others you must bring a sacrifise to the priest, and no one care if you had repented or not, just pay the price. ( Jesus payed the price for our sins with his own blood).

Just don't take a hard line in everything, you read in the old . Nothing is for us. Even thought some they seem to edified. Jesus has new things for us, new way, the old has trouble me a lot in my life and I have payed the price. Better if you don't read it for some time. 

The mercy of God was coming closer to the World and God had become very merciful to his people, he did not follow his own rules and he gave Mercy to people on his own. ( that was before Christ).

At the very beginning, when someone disobey the Sabath, and went out to collect Mana. God kill that person in front of everyone, as an example.  No invitation to repentance or any examination whether that person had alzimers or not or whether was disoriented about the days,or with fever, no defence was available and no submissions for punishment, 

God had Mercy on them later on , he gave them Jonh the Baptist to have forgiveness of sins without the cost of the sacrifise. Jesus himself forgive their sins, without even  asking, whether or not they want their sins forgivness and without repentance and confession and sacrifises and water Baptis,  amazing !!!

Even to the woman of adultery. 

She said guilty, I am ready for my punishment, But Jesus let her go.

See that with Jesus the wages of sins is not death, ( I say that with preservesion not to be taken the wrong way.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

47 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

An eye for an eye and a tooth agaist a tooth was part of the old Mosaic covenant. Those were the words of God to the prople of Israel  . That was a huge rule in their culture, and between them and their God. I hope that I don't read to much into that, it was like that; good for good, obedience for my blessing and security, and my anger and punishment for your disobedience, some times God acted swiftly, and sometimes was waiting. 

They practice the same in their communities. They stone the sinners the adulterous woman, blasphimy of God. and so on. Repentance won't save them. No sacrifise was available for some situations. If some one accidentally kill one of your relatives, you had the right to find him and kill him on the spot. 

There was no repentance for many things, for others you must bring a sacrifise to the priest, and no one care if you had repented or not, just pay the price. ( Jesus payed the price for our sins with his own blood).

Just don't take a hard line in everything, you read in the old . Nothing is for us. Even thought some they seem to edified. Jesus has new things for us, new way, the old has trouble me a lot in my life and I have payed the price. Better if you don't read it for some time. 

The mercy of God was coming closer to the World and God had become very merciful to his people, he did not follow his own rules and he gave Mercy to people on his own. ( that was before Christ).

At the very beginning, when someone disobey the Sabath, and went out to collect Mana. God kill that person in front of everyone, as an example.  No invitation to repentance or any examination whether that person had alzimers or not or whether was disoriented about the days,or with fever, no defence was available and no submissions for punishment, 

God had Mercy on them later on , he gave them Jonh the Baptist to have forgiveness of sins without the cost of the sacrifise. Jesus himself forgive their sins, without even  asking, whether or not they want their sins forgivness and without repentance and confession and sacrifises and water Baptis,  amazing !!!

See that with Jesus the wages of sins is not death, ( I say that with preservesion not to be taken the wrong way.

THAT WAS A AWESOME SUMMARY ,THANK YOU

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

2 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

It would be more helpful if you posted the actual verses, nt, rather than just paraphrasing. 

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

8 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Again, in order to say that God can change his mind, then we need to say that it is possible for God to be in error.   Do you really want to go down that road??   For God to change his mind, means that we don't really have much of a guarantee of salvation.   How do you know that God won't say, "you know, I have decided to change my mind about saving mankind?"  

Your notion that God can literally change his mind calls into question who God is, and whether or not we can really trust Him.     When it says that with God all things are possible, it is within a certain context and is not to be taken at face value.   The Bible teaches that it is impossible for God to lie or to sin.   It is impossible for God to die. 

There are things that are impossible with God.  You are taking a very shallow, face-value approach to this issue and you are not really thinking it through when it comes to how it affects the promises that God has made to us as Christians.    How can we have any assurance of salvation if, at any moment, God could call off salvation, change his mind and cancel the second coming of Jesus, and decide to just send us all to hell, after all??   You need to really stop and consider the very real theological implications of what would happen to us if God changes his mind.

If you've read what I have written, I made it very clear that God does not break his promises. Although he is capable of changing his mind it doesn't mean to say that he does. God never lies, it is not in his nature to do so. Having the ability to change ones' mind is not the same as being a promise-breaker. I have the ability to change my mind about a lot of things, it doesn't mean to say that I tell lies or fail to keep my word. I can change my mind about what clothes I wear tomorrow or what I want to eat, but it doesn't mean to say that I will change my mind when I have made an agreement with somebody.

Believe me I have thought it through and unlike you I have not reduced God to a robot that is incapable of being flexible when it comes to making decisions. You have actually claimed that it is impossible for God to change his mind. You are the one putting limitations on God, not I.

And if you believe that God does not regret any decisions that he ever made then try reading Genesis 6:6

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/28/2015, 2:10:19, Kan said:

You have imagined a universe without consequence from your actions. Your actions have no impact on the outcome.

Whether in part or in full, your universe is somehow insulated at some point to reality.

Is the universe built like that, or does everything have an impact on everything?

From the physical point of view, everything affects everything. 

Are you referring to a universe where the outcome is fixed or not fixed? If the future is fixed, how can my actions have any impact on the outcome? If my actions do have impact, then how can the outcome be already fixed? I see there are others on this thread that see things the way I do, so it is not my own imagination. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

21 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Actually, Phil 2:5-11  makes the case that Jesus was limited (voluntarily and temporarily) in certain divine prerogatives while on earth.   Jesus did not take His equality with God as something to be exploited to his own advantage according to Paul and he emptied himself of those prerogatives.   He did not give up any attributes, but imposed upon himself a willingness to operate as a fully human person in complete reliance upon the Father.

People forget that Jesus was modeling the Christian life.   Jesus did not deal with Satan in His divinity, otherwise he could not have been tempted.   Had he not been tempted, he could not have modeled for us how to handle it.   Jesus dealt with temptation in his humanity, overcoming it with the Word of God and with the power of the Holy Spirit and that is exactly how He expects us to deal with temptation.

Jesus prayed, as a man, even though He was God.  Again, he was modeling prayer for us.    Jesus, more than once, proclaimed that he was doing the works of His Father and that His words were the words of the Father.   Jesus did not, according to him, operate apart from the constant direction of the Father.    It is clear that Jesus, as a man, though still fully God, accepted and voluntarily took upon Himself the limitations of a man for the duration of His time on earth.   Note that as God Jesus was, prior to this incarnation, omnipresent.   Yet in a physical body, he was not omnipresent thus limited to one place in space and time.    That does not mean Jesus was not fully God.  None of the limitations he operated under, in any way, diminished his deity.

Where does the Bible say that God had not fixed the future date of the return of Jesus?  That is an assumption you are drawing.  Show from the OT and from the Gospels that it is clear that God had no idea when the Second Coming would come.   There are over 1,500 references to Jesus' second coming in the OT.  36 OT prophets speak of it.   Please show from them that God had no idea, no fixed date for the return of Jesus.    Who says the future is not fixed?   Where is that supported in Scripture???  Actually, a future that is not fixed diminishes God entirely because God always operates in the fullness of time.   God is not in the dark about the future. 

If God is in the dark about the future, then He is blind to any potential obstacle to the plan of salvation.   If God is in the dark about the future, then God cannot guarantee salvation to anyone.   We cannot trust that God will be able keep us saved, that something won't come up that God didn't know about and completely thwart is ability to be faithful to His promises.    Sorry, but I am not buying into your feeble, fleshly assumptions.  I will stick to the Word of God which teaches that God is 100% omniscient.  That's the truly Christian perspective.

If you read the commentaries on Philippians, you will find that evangelical scholars agree that 2:5-11 does not mean Jesus gave up any of his divine attributes. (Omniscience is a divine attribute.) What he gave up was his heavenly glory - the KJV puts it well as "he made himself of no reputation" - by coming down to earth and born as a humble human.

If you really want another verse that suggests God has not fixed the date of Jesus' return, there is indeed one. But it is no point giving it to you since it is obvious that your mind is fixed on the matter. Anyway, I'd bet you cannot find a verse that says the date of Jesus' return IS fixed...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

28 minutes ago, ghtan said:

Are you referring to a universe where the outcome is fixed or not fixed? If the future is fixed, how can my actions have any impact on the outcome? If my actions do have impact, then how can the outcome be already fixed? I see there are others on this thread that see things the way I do, so it is not my own imagination. 

I reason that if the outcome is fixed then so must anything be that is towards that outcome. That doesn't sound like a natural universe.

I don't believe in a fixed or controlled universe, but rather in a free one.

The confusion some people have, is when they think that if God knows an outcome, somehow it is fixed, and therefor anything towards it...must also be fixed, no?