WorldOfError

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

"Anyone who praises himself will be humbled, and anyone who humbles himself will be praised."

That's my favorite line from "The Bible" series. It's also hands down one of my favorite sayings attributed to the Savior Yeshua aka "Jesus" the Christ.

The Bible says more than once "God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble."

Well everyone who believes in God wants his favor right?

So what is humility really? What is the typical Christian's idea of humility?

Google says humility is "a modest or low view of one's own importance; humbleness"

I totally agree with this definition. How would someone like this think? How would they act? What does humility look like?

Christian humility is happily obeying the Savior Yeshua. (impressive)

Christian humility is praying for everyone to repent all the time no matter what (very impressive)

Christian humility is always praying for God's will no matter what (very impressive)

Christian humility is NOT sighing and complaining about life and death. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

:thumbsup:

He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the LORD's, and he hath set the world upon them. 1 Samuel 2:8

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  01/20/1987

17 hours ago, WorldOfError said:

How would someone like this think? How would they act? What does humility look like?

Christian humility is happily obeying the Savior Yeshua. (impressive)

Christian humility is praying for everyone to repent all the time no matter what (very impressive)

Christian humility is always praying for God's will no matter what (very impressive)

Christian humility is NOT sighing and complaining about life and death. 

In my very limited experience, anyone who says they are humble probably isn't. What does humility look like? There is only one example that is true, and that is Jesus :)Without the Holy Spirit, it is impossible to happily obey God, when that could mean forgiving someone who has deeply wronged us; to pray for everyone's repentance, which includes those who commit atrocious acts); and to truly want God's will, even if that means dying a violent death for Him. At our cores, people are selfish. The world in which we live is evidence of a fallen creation full of selfish people. The only hope we have is in Jesus Christ. Sometimes even the most seasoned Christians can become weary, because we know that this world is passing away and we anticipate a time when everything is perfect. But God continues to work on our hearts and transform our minds throughout the rest of our lives. He is faithful and His love never ceases!!

Excellent post :)

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  210
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

I liked what a brother in Christ said about what joy is. I'm talking about joy of your salvation. Jesus comes first then Others and then Yourself. J-O-Y! 

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

islam the religion of all prophets of god from adam jesus to mohammed peace be upon them all ask people to humble themselves especially savants , the old and the needy and he who humbles himself will be upraised by allah.

21 hours ago, slaveservent said:

islam the religion of all prophets of god from adam jesus to mohammed peace be upon them all ask people to humble themselves especially savants , the old and the needy and he who humbles himself will be upraised by allah.

:emot-heartbeat:

He lifts the poor from the dust and the needy from the garbage dump. He sets them among princes, placing them in seats of honor. For all the earth is the LORD's, and he has set the world in order. 1 Samuel 2:8 (New Living Translation)

:emot-heartbeat:

From Before The Foundations Of The Universe

And, “You, Lord, laid the foundation of the earth in the beginning, and the heavens are the work of your hands; Hebrews 1:10 (English Standard Version)

Through The Creation Of All Things

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: Ephesians 3:9 (King James Version)

Jesus Is The Way

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6 (Berean Study Bible)

To Abba

And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba, Father!" Galatians 4:6 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

~

My God IS Greater

The LORD will roar from Zion, and his voice will thunder from Jerusalem. The sky and the earth will shake. The LORD will be a refuge for his people. He will be a stronghold for the people of Israel. Joel 3:16 (GOD'S WORD® Translation)

And Beloved, Although Most Willingly Blaspheme His Holy Name

do you say of Him, whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’? “If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me; but if I do them, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, so that you may know and understand that the Father is in Me, and I in the Father.” John 10:36-38 (New American Standard Bible)

He Will Return

I will go and return to My place, Till they acknowledge their guilt, and seek My face; In their trouble they will seek Me earnestly: Hosea 5:15 (JPS Tanakh 1917)

Love, Joe

:thumbsup:

Beloved Look Up
My God IS Greater~!

Then the kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and everyone else, both slave and free, hid in caves and among the rocks of the mountains. They called to the mountains and the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can withstand it?” Revelation 6:15-17 (New International Version)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

Pride gets in the way of any meaningful relationship with God. It rejects His authority, takes credit for what He alone has done, and causes us to despise other people. Humility is the exact opposite. It is a recognition that we are always, everywhere, totally dependent on the grace of God, which cannot be received by the arrogant (Matthew 5:3). When Peter says, “humble yourselves” (I Peter 1:6), he means literally that we should ‘allow ourselves to be humbled’ by God, by submitting patiently to the trials that He allows us to experience. Since we cannot fight against God, it makes sense to surrender to Him now! (Luke 14:11)