• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 minutes ago, SINNERSAVED said:

I am just asking,? but where does the scripture of ,live by the sword ,die by the sword, come in, ?

is not our Word of God the true sword, and that we are not to repay violence for violence,

to protect your family ,yes that is a given, but to the extent of what ,and how much violence, ?

if they came the police or military to your home and said give us the weapons or you will be taken to incarceration ?

are you going to fight the authorities with violence to make a point, or go willingly as believer under the authority of God and be  a sacrifice for him?

when that day comes when you have to receive a mark or be put to death , ,do you think you will be able to still fight against this

God s plan allows the overcoming of saints ? this is facts of biblical truths.

did the believers in the days of Rome fight and kill the romans  and the soldiers, or be lead to be killed, ? our actions will show really if we are living for our selves , or for God?  is this not a valid question, ?

to save your life you loose it, and to give your life you save it ?

Where the scripture speaks of live by the sword, die by the sword is speaking of a time period when the Beast has been given the authority to make war and overcome the Saints.....     Jesus is simply telling you that it's fruitless to fight him with weapons for he's already been given the ok to win.      It is not speaking of a mugger or rapist or child molester........     or a radical Islamist that wants to cut your grand kids heads off for that matter.      it might apply if you think that ISIS is the Beast, but I could not go there.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

6 hours ago, shiloh357 said:
6 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

They won't.  The gov't is doing to this issue what they are doing with the healthcare issue and other stuff they want to do.  They are using the media to shape public opinion among the younger generation.   It's a lot less messy.  In a generation or two, the gov't will have a nation of naïve, ignorant simpletons after the older generations, that knew what freedom looked like, have died off.   They can't fool us older folks.  But they have far more power over the minds of the up and coming generations than we do.  Social media has been one key to distract and brainwash the younger generation.

They won't.  The gov't is doing to this issue what they are doing with the healthcare issue and other stuff they want to do.  They are using the media to shape public opinion among the younger generation.   It's a lot less messy.  In a generation or two, the gov't will have a nation of naïve, ignorant simpletons after the older generations, that knew what freedom looked like, have died off.   They can't fool us older folks.  But they have far more power over the minds of the up and coming generations than we do.  Social media has been one key to distract and brainwash the younger generation.  

Have you ever noticed that entertainment today is very juvenile?  They make shows and movies that are meant to appeal to the younger crowds, these days.  The younger generation is more connected and yet at the same completely out of touch with what is happening to this country.  I like and use Facebook, but Facebook was originally marketed to and designed around young people.  And to some degree it still is. 

Obama and Co.  would not have gotten way with so much scandal 30 years ago.  Social media has kept people out of the loop where our government and its activities are concerned.

I too have thought of this. It won't happen as long as we teach the younger generations what freedom is. I do this as often as I can. For 5 yrs I had a job where I could talk to the the younger people in a casual setting where I wasn't seen as an older man or an authority figure. I found most of them not just receptive but hungry to hear what I told them. We just have to pass this knowledge down which is what was always done. I have confidence in them and that's 1 of the things I always told them. It's important that they know this and believe it. Sure some will become simpletons just like many of us are simpletons. But not all of us and we can make sure they have their wise ones too. With God's help, of course.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  118
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/31/1950

6 minutes ago, JTC said:

I too have thought of this. It won't happen as long as we teach the younger generations what freedom is. I do this as often as I can. For 5 yrs I had a job where I could talk to the the younger people in a casual setting where I wasn't seen as an older man or an authority figure. I found most of them not just receptive but hungry to hear what I told them. We just have to pass this knowledge down which is what was always done. I have confidence in them and that's 1 of the things I always told them. It's important that they know this and believe it. Sure some will become simpletons just like many of us are simpletons. But not all of us and we can make sure they have their wise ones too. With God's help, of course.

What is this freedom you teach the younger generation?

Please do tell.

6 minutes ago, Tiger Eye said:

What is this freedom you teach the younger generation?

Please do tell.

that is a very good question Tiger.....    I will be waiting with bated breath to get everyone's view on the subject.....

My take on it would be a combination of the preamble to the Constitution and our Declaration of Independence.

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,714
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

1 hour ago, SINNERSAVED said:

I am just asking,? but where does the scripture of ,live by the sword ,die by the sword, come in, ?

is not our Word of God the true sword, and that we are not to repay violence for violence,

to protect your family ,yes that is a given, but to the extent of what ,and how much violence, ?

if they came the police or military to your home and said give us the weapons or you will be taken to incarceration ?

are you going to fight the authorities with violence to make a point, or go willingly as believer under the authority of God and be  a sacrifice for him?

when that day comes when you have to receive a mark or be put to death , ,do you think you will be able to still fight against this

God s plan allows the overcoming of saints ? this is facts of biblical truths.

did the believers in the days of Rome fight and kill the romans  and the soldiers, or be lead to be killed, ? our actions will show really if we are living for our selves , or for God?  is this not a valid question, ?

to save your life you loose it, and to give your life you save it ?

There is a marked difference between owning a sword-and using a sword in self defense, and living by the sword. And that is intent. Doesn't take a scholar to know that-just one willing to open the Bible and read it.

Do I own firearms? Yes. Would I be willing to use one in defense of my family? Yes. Do I want to? Absolutely not. Would I use firearm for selfish gain? Absolutely not. And that is what living by the sword is-its not merely owning one but rather using it for personal gain.

The Bible speaks to how one is to use a sword but never does it prohibit the ownership of one. In fact the opposite is true.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

While I do not own a firearm, there is nothing in Scripture to prevent Christians from taking precautions to protect themselves from predators. In the old days it was American Indians (I believe the politically correct term now is *indigenous people*). Today we have Jihadists and other crazies.  

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Content Count:  118
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/31/1950

19 minutes ago, Ezra said:

While I do not own a firearm, there is nothing in Scripture to prevent Christians from taking precautions to protect themselves from predators. In the old days it was American Indians (I believe the politically correct term now is *indigenous people*). Today we have Jihadists and other crazies.  

Are you trying to say the American Indians needed weapons to protect themselves from the crazy war monger white people?

Then yes, you are correct. 

Otherwise, what are you talking about?

18 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Actually the Indians needed guns to protect themselves from the Europeans.      That was the first mass invasion of immigrants......    and I might add illegal immigrants according to my wife's great grandfather.

someone needs a true history lesson.......

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

19 minutes ago, Tiger Eye said:

Otherwise, what are you talking about?

What I'm talking about is crazies, predators and rabid dogs.  How would you personally protect yourself?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Content Count:  334
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

There is nothing in the Bible that prohibits us from taking human life in self-defense.  If you say otherwise, you're wrong.    This is not a "do unto others" kind of issue.  If someone comes on to my property with the intent to do harm, he will get a face full of lead.

There is nothing in the Bible that prohibits that.   You can believe what you want, but I reject your sloppy approach to Scripture.

You would have to back that up with actual scripture.  So you will ignore biblical teaching to do what you want...hmmm. I am not saying you cannot take a life in self-defense, I am trying to temper your attitudes. You sound as if you would enjoy killing someone. What did Jesus say to Peter when the latter cut off the man's ear-- if my kingdom was of this world my servants would fight John 18:36