• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,059
  • Content Per Day:  12.84
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, the_patriot2015 said:

the helmet reference was from a christian comedian named brad stine, I have his piece posted on the forums somewhere, or you can google brad stine put a helmet on, its rather entertaining....

in any case, perhaps it is off topic in this thread, but if that was your goal, then why dont you say hey lets keep this on topic and start another topic perhaps in hobbies about this....instead of chewing us out for being "bad" about talking about the bullets....it came up. I discussed it. I still see no issue with it, other then maybe its a bit off topic, but looking back at how hot the topic has gotten perhaps, thats not a bad  thing.

Since the title of the OP is I Am A Chrstian; I have a Firearm, I believe that is generally enough to open up the topic to many different paths including self-defense, caliber choice, and ballistics.  As Christians, we are responsible for protecting others not just ourselves and our family.  That's where caliber choice and ballistics knowledge is most valuable in preventing over penetration.  Caliber was especially important to me when buying our first gun, a Glock Model 22 in (.40 S&W) for my wife and I.  At that time, I had no idea that I would become a shooter and collector.  The reason for our first purchase was for my wife's protection since I was going to be out of the country.  Prayer, multiple dogs and good guns provide for a safe environment in our perilous times.

Guest shiloh357
13 hours ago, Cletus said:

I dont know if its like this all over texas, but in my little part of the woods Judges are inclined to say if you only shot once or twice you did not fear for your life and so deadly force was not necessary.  LEO's as well as attorneys have advised many here, I say again here, to empty the magazine.   Its really important to know what someone is getting into legally in their area.

My grandfather was a marine and was in WW2.  All he used for home defense was a ruger .22 pistol.  It was the first weapon I ever shot. 

The Castle Law is in force in MO and you can shoot as much as you need to in order to neutralize a threat.  As long as you and the perp on both on what it calls, "your curtilage."  It simply means as long as you are on your property and you have reason to fear for your life, you are held harmless if you shoot whether you wound or kill the perp.   I think it also applies to being in your car even if the car is not on your property.   If you are in your car at Walmart, and someone comes up to commandeer your vehicle, you are allowed to shoot in self defense and currently you are held harmless.

Most self-defense shootings are close range within 5 yards.   So you don't have to be a good target shooter.  Even a .38 special is deadly in a close range self-defense scenario.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

The key word in shiloh's post is "neutralize", that doesn't necessarily mean to kill the perpetrator. To neutralize a perpetrator means to render him/her to the point where they are no longer a threat to anyone. I pray that none of us ever find ourselves in a situation where we have to defend ourselves or anyone, yet if you do find yourself as such please don't think you will only shoot them in the leg/arm to neutralize them. To shoot to wound will only decrease your odds of hitting your target because your adrenaline will be pumping like crazy and a steady aim is next to impossible. If you feel endangered shoot for center mast, if the perpetrator lives or dies is God's call.   

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  118
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  07/31/1950

I don't know why Christians want to talk about killing people.

I would think time would be better spent talking about Jesus and loving people instead of killing people.

I can't believe this killing thread is more popular than all the other threads.

Guest shiloh357
47 minutes ago, oldzimm said:

The key word in shiloh's post is "neutralize", that doesn't necessarily mean to kill the perpetrator. To neutralize a perpetrator means to render him/her to the point where they are no longer a threat to anyone. I pray that none of us ever find ourselves in a situation where we have to defend ourselves or anyone, yet if you do find yourself as such please don't think you will only shoot them in the leg/arm to neutralize them. To shoot to wound will only decrease your odds of hitting your target because your adrenaline will be pumping like crazy and a steady aim is next to impossible. If you feel endangered shoot for center mast, if the perpetrator lives or dies is God's call.   

In an emergency situation, it would be nice to able to just pick a body part, but if the perp is on  mind altering drugs, shoot to wound isn't really an option and since you may not have but a few seconds to make a decision, you need to aim for the largest part of the body and that is the torso.  Three shots to the torso is the rule.

I mean, it is easy to talk about this when you are not in the situation, but it can be a case of kill or be killed.  You don't have time to evaluate what the perp's intentions are.  You really have to assume the worst from the perp and respond accordingly.  You have just a split second and a moment of hesitation can make the difference when it comes to the safety of you and your family.   That's why training is so important.  Knowing what to do so you don't freeze up, having a plan of action is vital.  You can't wait until the emergency is on top of you to do that.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,390
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, Tiger Eye said:

I would think time would be better spent talking about Jesus and loving people instead of killing people.

Unfortunately this thread is very valid for the world we live in today...     it should be talked about so people can prepare themselves for the troubles that are coming...    and I don't mean the end of the world, but an enemy that is very viable to see approaching our doorsteps.

Are you willing to sit by and watch the world be forced to submit to people who follow Allah?     Are you willing to watch your wife, kids and grandkids be hauled off into slavery and abused for most of thier lives...   that is happening right now in many places.      It doesn't matter how you feel about it to me, for you can accept them and their actions or not......   but people shouldn't wait to the last moment and then decide they are going to stand up for thier families and friends.   If we are going to survive the future we need to be planning today. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,738
  • Content Per Day:  2.44
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

4 hours ago, Tiger Eye said:

well, then if you have a problem with it, go to other threads where they are talking about Jesus and loving others. I mean, by posting in it, your only encouraging more people to post in it. just an observation.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.06
  • Days Won:  78

4 hours ago, Tiger Eye said:

Thisl is NOT a 'killing thread', Tiger.  'The thread is about Christians, self defense and the right of a righteous man or woman to possess firearms. Personally, I would never want to kill anyone but I also won't hesitate to defend myself or my familoy if I have to.  I pray I never have to.  Much better to have firearms in the hands of Christian believers than jihadis, don't you think?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  118
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  07/31/1950

2 hours ago, other one said:

Unfortunately this thread is very valid for the world we live in today...     it should be talked about so people can prepare themselves for the troubles that are coming...    and I don't mean the end of the world, but an enemy that is very viable to see approaching our doorsteps.

Are you willing to sit by and watch the world be forced to submit to people who follow Allah?     Are you willing to watch your wife, kids and grandkids be hauled off into slavery and abused for most of thier lives...   that is happening right now in many places.      It doesn't matter how you feel about it to me, for you can accept them and their actions or not......   but people shouldn't wait to the last moment and then decide they are going to stand up for thier families and friends.   If we are going to survive the future we need to be planning today. 

Do you have any Scripture to back that up?

I won't discuss guns with you but I will discuss your interpretation of Scripture concerning Christians with guns.