• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

58 minutes ago, Ezra said:

The motive is to rightly divide the Word of Truth.  Not promote some fanciful ideas.

At least that's what it should be.  God will reveal the thoughts and intents of the heart.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, WilliamL said:

I agree with all three statements, however with this addition to the last sentence: "and the ill-prepared believer/foolish virgin."

There can be no wrath for any believer.  Why?  The Cross.  Christ took all that wrath upon Himself when He was forsaken by the Father. THIS IS FUNDAMENTAL.  As to the foolish virgins, they represent those who are Christians in name only. As Christ said to that group "I never knew you".

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,136
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

And yet can we trust or believe in those who change their minds or take different theological positions. For I don't follow those who change their minds. For if they believe one thing then change. Will they charge positions again 

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,153
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

1 hour ago, Ezra said:

There can be no wrath for any believer.  Why?  The Cross.  Christ took all that wrath upon Himself when He was forsaken by the Father. THIS IS FUNDAMENTAL.  As to the foolish virgins, they represent those who are Christians in name only. As Christ said to that group "I never knew you".

False quote, Ezra. What he will say is:

Matt. 25:12 “But he answered and said, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, I do not oida/see (or know/perceive) you.’"

The word 'never' is not there. The primary meaning of the Greek word oida is see; secondarily it can also mean know, as we might say, "I see/know/perceive what you mean."

Both the wise and foolish virgins will go out to meet the Bridegroom Jesus, therefore obviously they both will believe he is the Christ: they will have that faith. But faith without works unto the end is not enough:

Matt. 24:13 “But he who endures unto the end shall be saved."

The foolish virgins are those who will lose their light of truth before the end comes.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12

2 hours ago, Montana Marv said:

And yet can we trust or believe in those who change their minds or take different theological positions. For I don't follow those who change their minds. For if they believe one thing then change. Will they charge positions again 

In Christ

Montana Marv

I guess it depends on why they change their minds, doesn't it?  When the Holy Spirit reveals through the word of God that what you've been led to believe is false are you going to continue to believe the falsehood for the sake of "being trusted" by others?  How ludicrous!  People who continue to grow in the knowledge of God can recognize their error when the Spirit reveals truth to them and make the adjustment.  Those proud people who refuse the Spirit's instruction for the sake of maintaining some appearance of authority or whatever reason never grow beyond where they are.

Changing one's mind is not the issue.  Being able to incorporate the truth of the Bible as revealed by the Holy Spirit is the issue.  I would much rather admit an error and change to the truth than continue in an error for the sake of saving face.  Wouldn't you?  This isn't a political race after all.

2 hours ago, WilliamL said:

False quote, Ezra. What he will say is:

Matt. 25:12 “But he answered and said, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, I do not oida/see (or know/perceive) you.’"

The word 'never' is not there. The primary meaning of the Greek word oida is see; secondarily it can also mean know, as we might say, "I see/know/perceive what you mean."

Both the wise and foolish virgins will go out to meet the Bridegroom Jesus, therefore obviously they both will believe he is the Christ: they will have that faith. But faith without works unto the end is not enough:

Matt. 24:13 “But he who endures unto the end shall be saved."

The foolish virgins are those who will lose their light of truth before the end comes.

William

False pretense;  Your quote: Both the wise and foolish virgins will go out to meet the Bridegroom Jesus, therefore obviously they both will believe he is the Christ: they will have that faith. But faith without works unto the end is not enough:

The five foolish virgins went to buy oil.   Then the Bridegroom came, the five wise virgins met the Bridegroom and went into the wedding banquet with him.  And the door was shut.  Later the others also came; Sir, open the door.  Then he said, "I do not know you"    Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or hour.

Wow and the Post Trib Rapture position knows exactly when the Bridegroom comes.  They do not need to watch, for they know.  Both of which are false testimonies.

William, and you correct Ezra on a quote that should have come from Matt 7:21-23. "I never knew you"  And then you come back with a sluggish response to the ten virgins.  Don't be so picky.  If you want to act as teacher in spelling, etc, get your act together first.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  14

3 minutes ago, Montana Marv said:

William

False pretense;  Your quote: Both the wise and foolish virgins will go out to meet the Bridegroom Jesus, therefore obviously they both will believe he is the Christ: they will have that faith. But faith without works unto the end is not enough:

The five foolish virgins went to buy oil.   Then the Bridegroom came, the five wise virgins met the Bridegroom and went into the wedding banquet with him.  And the door was shut.  Later the others also came; Sir, open the door.  Then he said, "I do not know you"    Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or hour.

Wow and the Post Trib Rapture position knows exactly when the Bridegroom comes.  They do not need to watch, for they know.  Both of which are false testimonies.

William, and you correct Ezra on a quote that should have come from Matt 7:21-23. "I never knew you"  And then you come back with a sluggish response to the ten virgins.  Don't be so picky.  If you want to act as teacher in spelling, etc, get your act together first.

In Christ

Montana Marv

there is nothing wrong with what  William said,

it is true, for both the wise and the foolish say....lord lord, but the foolish was not ready for they did not watch and so they could not enter, this gives no indication of anything but the wise were ready prepared and in the word of God watching and staying in obedience with God ,unlike the foolish that knew God but did not follow through as true believers, the luke warm and the unbelieving will perish,

and will not enter in, do not be deceived for God knows our hearts and he has sealed us according to His will  and knows who is his, and those that act like , or try to be a counterfeit.

William

And I am guilty of trying to be the "teacher" at times also.  Being picky at words, how they are used, etc.

In Christ

Montana Marv

23 minutes ago, SINNERSAVED said:

there is nothing wrong with what  William said,

it is true, for both the wise and the foolish say....lord lord, but the foolish was not ready for they did not watch and so they could not enter, this gives no indication of anything but the wise were ready prepared and in the word of God watching and staying in obedience with God ,unlike the foolish that knew God but did not follow through as true believers, the luke warm and the unbelieving will perish,

and will not enter in, do not be deceived for God knows our hearts and he has sealed us according to His will  and knows who is his, and those that act like , or try to be a counterfeit.

Sinnersaved

The five foolish virgins did not meet the Bridegroom, they left to go buy more oil.  The five wise virgins met the Bridegroom.  This is what I called a sluggish response.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  14

3 minutes ago, Montana Marv said:

Sinnersaved

The five foolish virgins did not meet the Bridegroom, they left to go buy more oil.  The five wise virgins met the Bridegroom.  This is what I called a sluggish response.

In Christ

Montana Marv

did you read my statement , you might want to read it again, for even though the foolish did not go in and went to get more oil, it does not mean,that they, did not know of God , but they were not obedient to him ,so when they did come back , God said to them go away I never knew you, they knew God , but was not abiding in him, this is clear, so what is your defense?