IGNORED

What are we watching for? Two questions really?

Omegaman 3.0

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

16 hours ago, gdemoss said:

I would love to have Daniels confidence.  I believe we are supposed too but I am afraid I fall short and think that I will just be another sheep led to the slaughter.  And for that I feel ashamed and unworthy.  God help me not to disgrace him.

Gary, I think the thing is, that most of us, fear pain, sickness, poverty, etc. Some of us won't even tell the person waiting in line next to us at a grocery store, about the sacrifice for sins God made for us, as we fear rejection or just simple awkwardness.

If you were to do a search on the phrase "filled with the Spirit" I think you will run to the idea of boldness frequently. To me, that is a key thing, We don't just muster up a lack of fear. Courage, is what we do in spite of our fear, not instead of our fear.

More importantly, it is God who can empower us to face the unthinkable, and I believe that is times of real testing, like in a tribulation to come, that he can and will embolden believers for His own glory.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,222
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

9 hours ago, WilliamL said:

You are incorrect. At Mount Sinai, every eye saw Him: the mixed multitude and Israelite commoners and elders and Joshua and Moses. All different types. Some turned away, some were called up into God's Presence. Paul tells us in Hebrews 12:18-28 that the same type of scenario will take place when the Lord appears on heavenly Mount Sinai.

When the Lord appears in the clouds/air (1 Thes. 4) with the Father, every eye will see him, and the heathen tribes will flee and hide. When the Lord later descends to the earth upon Mount of Olives (Zech. 14/Rev. 19), the heathen tribes will be gathered by the Beast to fight against him.

Hi William,

I think God is quite clear telling us who are the `every eye,`

`Behold, He is coming with clouds, & every eye will see Him,......`

1. they also who pierced Him. (Israel)

2. & all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him.`  (nations)  (Rev. 1: 7)

Thus the `every eye,` comprises `Israel & the nations.` There is no mention of the Body of Christ there, bro.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,125
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

4 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

I think God is quite clear telling us who are the `every eye,`

`Behold, He is coming with clouds, & every eye will see Him,......`

1. they also who pierced Him. (Israel)

2. & all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him.`  (nations)  (Rev. 1: 7)

Thus the `every eye,` comprises `Israel & the nations.` There is no mention of the Body of Christ there, bro.

Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him.

Lack of mention of the Church does not mean they are not there to see him. False logic. John was WRITING TO THE CHURCH, so they are presumed to be there.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,222
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi William,

You know only too well we are not to presume, & that all the scriptures pertaining to this topic are needed to gain God`s purpose. As this will lead to another `pre, mid, post` discussion I will leave it for now. Thank you for the chat.

Marilyn.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,125
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

You presume the elect are not present. I presume, based upon the other scriptures related to this one, that they are. However, when the elect see Him, they will all "be changed in the twinkling of an eye." Probably before the heathen even have time to wail. Leave it at that.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

On Saturday, January 02, 2016 at 2:16 AM, gdemoss said:

We should be watching ourselves to make sure we are right with God so when he visits we are not destroyed with the wicked.

No, we should not pray as Jesus did in the garden because that is what got him killed.  His prayer that night sealed his fate as it was where he laid his life down for us by seeking to save it.  We are expected to live for him instead because of it.

Christ did'nt lose His life trying to save it...Where did that come from?

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

On 1/5/2016 at 4:51 AM, n2thelight said:

Christ did'nt lose His life trying to save it...Where did that come from?

When I read the account of what transpired in the garden in concert with all of the other attempts made to kill him it seems that asking that the cup pass from him was the necessary element to seal his fate and lay his life down for us.  A selfless act of love asking that his life be spared so that it might be taken.  He said that no one could take his life that he had to lay it down.  I believe what he said at face value.  For they tried to kill him outright by throwing him off a cliff but he walked out of their midst.  My understanding of the text is one of many.  We all seek to understand and make sense out of what God has said to us through his prophets.  I am not above misunderstanding what has been written, that is for sure.  You could be right.

On Monday, January 11, 2016 at 1:11 AM, gdemoss said:

When I read the account of what transpired in the garden in concert with all of the other attempts made to kill him it seems that asking that the cup pass from him was the necessary element to seal his fate and lay his life down for us.  A selfless act of love asking that his life be spared so that it might be taken.  He said that no one could take his life that he had to lay it down.  I believe what he said at face value.  For they tried to kill him outright by throwing him off a cliff but he walked out of their midst.  My understanding of the text is one of many.  We all seek to understand and make sense out of what God has said to us through his prophets.  I am not above misunderstanding what has been written, that is for sure.  You could be right.

The cup was and is talking about the cup of wrath.Christ knew what was to happen to Him,and yes He gave up His life,willingly,but we must know what the verse is talking about.

Example,look at the verse below

Matthew 27:46

"And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" That is to say, "My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?"

Many christians read this and say God forsoke Christ,because He had to take on sin,when that is far far from the truth.Christ was teaching even as He hung

This phrase, "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani" is perfect Hebrew, except of the word "Eli", which is Aramic. Jesus spoke loud here, because He was teaching. Many teach in ignorance that this shows that Christ had taken on the sins of the world and He was a little dirty, how ignorant of the word.

Jesus was teaching and quoting David from the Psalm of the events that would transpire during the going to the cross, to His resurrection. Let's go to Psalm 22: for the words of Christ on the Cross that are given to us.

Psalm 22:1

"My God My God, why hast thou forsaken Me? Why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?"

Jesus was quoting from the words of David, to teach those that were not spitting, and caring on like a pack of mad men. God is not forsake Jesus. When Jesus referred referred to the Father, He called Him Father, not God.

Psalm 22:2

"O my God, I cry in the daytime, but Thou hearest not; And in the night season, and am not silent." David also when he was in his tribulations made this statement.

Psalm 22:3

"But thou art holy, O Thou That inhabitest the praise of Israel."

Psalm 22:4

"Our fathers trusted in Thee: They trusted, and Thou didst deliver them." If you trust in these words, you also shall find delivery and salvation.

Psalm 22:5

"They cried unto Thee, and were delivered: They trusted in Thee, and were not confounded." When they trusted in God, they were not confused, or disgraced.

Psalm 22:6 "

But I am a worm, and no man; A reproach of me, and despised of the People." The Kenite scribes really messed this verse up. In the Massoretic Text, the word is ""tola", and means scarlet, crimson and scarlet. From the blood that He shed for the sins of the world, and the People despised Him for it, in ignorance.

Psalm 22:7 "

All they that see me laugh me to scorn: They shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying," We Just covered this in verse [39].

Psalm 22:8 "

He trusted on the Lord that He would deliver him: Let Him deliver Him, seeing He delighted in him." This is the mockery that was spoken in verse [43] by the chief priests and the elders of the People. The reason I told you to remember those words of the chief priests, is the Psalm 22:8, shows us that those words were placed in their mouths as a seal by the Spirit of the Living God. This seal allows us to know exactly that Jesus was the Messiah. For when those words are spoken, it identifies the Christ, as a fact.

Psalm 22:9

"But Thou art he That took me out of the womb: Thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts."

Psalm 22:10

"I was cast upon Thee from the womb: Thou art my God from my mothers belly." The statement of the prophecy that Christ truly came from the seed of David, and the root of the stem of Jessie, David's father.

Psalm 22:11

"Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help."

There is none to help, while Christ hung on that cross; for every disciple had scattered and denied Jesus. Friend, this is God speaking to David a thousand years before Jesus hung on that cross.

Psalm 22:12

"Many bulls have compassed me: Strong Bulls of Bashan have beset me round.

The bulls of Bashan were know for their size and strength, This is a figure of speech, or idiom showing the power of the evil that came against Jesus. Even though Jesus could have called down thousands upon ten thousands of angels to protect Him, He did not. He suffered the cross alone. Friend, for your salvation to be, and the price to be paid, this prophecy had to be fulfilled.

Psalm 22:13

"They gaped upon me with their mouths, As a raving and roaring lion.

You can see that massive crowd that cried with blood in their eyes, "Crucify Him, Crucify Him." It was like our Lord was thrown to these raving and roaring lions.

Psalm 22:14

"I am poured out like water, And all my bones are out of joint: My heart is like was; It is melted in the midst of my bowels."

Christ's blood is being drained from him, as it poured from His hands and feed, and then the Roman soldier ran that spear into His side. The nails are pulling the bones of my hands out of their sockets.

Psalm 22:15

"My strength is dried up like a potsherd; And my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; And Thou hast brought me into the dust of death."

A potsherd is an old piece of broken pottery laying dry in their heat of the sun. The "dust of the death" is the death of this flesh body.

Psalm 22:16

"For dogs have compassed me: The assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: They pierced my hands and my feet.

The "dogs" are the enemy that has done this to me. Do you understand Christ is crying this form the cross, and it was written one thousand years before by David, and it came to pass exactly as God planned it to come upon Himself. Jesus knew what had to be done so that you could even have the chance to utter in shame, "forgive me Lord," in repentance.

This is why Jesus cryed out aloud, "Eli, Eli, lama, sabachthani?". Jesus is teaching as He cries out, "can you not see that I am teaching, as I hang here with these nail through my hands and my feet.

Psalm 22:17

"I may tell all my bones: They look and stare upon me."

They mock and spit at me, as they stare at my broken bones.

Psalm 22:18

"They parted my garments among them, And cast lots upon my vesture."

Here these same Romans that placed the Robe on Jesus and slapped Him, and spit upon Him, and drove that crown of thorns into His head, gambled for the very garments of Christ. How much proof does it take, to show you that all these events took place, even to thase that were against Christ, such as the religious leaders words, and the actions of the Roman soldiers. In the divine intervention where the sun would go dark at the noon hour, and reappear at three P.M.

Psalm 22:19

"But be not Thou far from me, O Lord: O my strength, haste thee to help me."

That is the only strength that we need, the strength of the living God.

Psalm 22:20

"Deliver my soul from the sword; My darling from the power of the dog."

"Darling" here should be translated soul, and "the dog" is Mine enemies. There is a time where we had better be concerned about our souls, rather then being so taken up by this flesh world.

Psalm 22:21

"Save me from the Lion's mouth: For Thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns."

The "unicorn" is incorrect, in the Hebrew text it reads "wild ox". The horns are the powers of the wild ox. It should be, I will declare the powers of the wild ox..

Psalm 22:22

"I Will declare Thy Name unto my brethren: In the midst of the congregation will I praise Thee."

This praised is declared in Hebrews 2:12-14, "Saying, "I will declare Thy Name unto My brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praises untoThee." [12] "And again,"I will put my trust in Him," And again, "Behold, I and the children which God hath given Me." [13] "Forasmuch Then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, He also Himself likewise took part of the same; That through death [crucifixion] He might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;" [14]

These verses were given before in reference to Matthew, and here we see that it also has reference to the prophecy of the future event.

Psalm 22:23

"Ye that fear the Lord, praise Him; All ye the seed of Jacob, glorify Him; And fear Him, all ye the seed of Israel."

This is the whole house of Israel.

Psalm 22:24

"For He hath not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; Neither hath He hid His face from him; But when he cried unto Him, He heard."

Don't let anyone tell you that God, even for one instant deserted His own Son, while He hung on the cross. When Jesus cried unto Him, the Father heard every word.

Psalm 22:25

"My praise shall be of Thee in the great congregation: I will pay my vows before them that fear Him."

This great congregation is coming, when we all shall be gathered to him, at the sounding of the seventh trump. The whole congregation, of all races, and tongues.

Psalm 22:26

"The meek shall eat and be satisfied: They shall praise the Lord that seek Him: Your heart shall live for ever."

When you eat of His word, and are satisfied, your mind can not help but praise Him, and you heart, or mind [soul] shall live for ever.

Psalm 22:27

"All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the Lord: And all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before Thee."

We are at the end of the world age of the flesh, and many hearts are turning to the Lord from every nation. This is the start of the Millennium age, when every knee shall bow to Jesus Christ. This is also part of what Christ is teaching from the cross.

Psalm 22:28

"For the kingdom is the Lord's: And He is the Governor among the nations."

Psalm 22:29

"All they that be fat upon earth shall eat and worship: All they that go down to the dust shall bow before Him: And none can keep alive his own soul."

You had better be in Christ, my friend, or your soul is going to die. These last two verses are written to the people that live in the time of the parable of the fig tree, it is written to you and I.

Psalm 22:30

"A seed shall serve Him; It shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation."

The generation here, is the generation living during the parable of the fig tree, when Israel is reestablished by both the good and bad figs. The Kenites, and the Judah.

Psalm 22:31

"Thy shall come, and shall declare His righteousness unto a People that shall be born, That He hath done this."

They shall come and declare that Christ has done this, and it is finished. The price has been paid.

This is Christ's words from the cross, and it was written one thousand years before it came to pass, friend, just how much proof do you need before you can see that Jesus is the Christ and the redeemer of your soul.

Now back to the Cup

Luke 22:42

"Saying, "Father, if Thou be willing, remove this cup from Me: nevertheless not My will, but Thine, be done."

There is a lot of teachers these days that state that this is the cup of death, but that is not what Jesus is talking about. Jesus had just stated and quoted from Scripture exactly what He must do. He told us that He was ready and gladly willing to go to the cross. Now people say that Jesus feared His death and that this was the cup. Absolutely not! So what is the cup that is mentioned in God's Word? It is the cup of God's wrath. That cup of wrath comes at Jesus second advent, a time just ahead of us living in these end times.

In the end times the abundance of this one world systems delicacies are going to cause the world to fornicate with the merchants of this earth. Mystery Babylon, the mother of harlots [false religious systems] will be using these things of that Babylon system to draw the people of the world into that system. Satan will be the god over that system, and Our Heavenly Father is saying, "My People, come out of her."

Revelation 18:5

"For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities."

For all the wickedness that is going on when Satan arrives here on earth, and his system religious order is in control of the earth. Many of God's children, calling themselves Christians will be part of that system and taking part in those sins that are reaching into heaven even today.

Revelation 18:6

"Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double."

The cup is the wrath that God will bring down on this earth and it will come down hard of the heads of those that have taken part in the harlot church of the end times. They were so careless in these end times that would not prepare themselves for the time they were in. Here the Almighty Father is telling Jesus to fill that cup of wrath up to the full, and make that harlot church drink of all the wrath that shall come down upon her.

Revelation 18:7

"How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, `I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow."

This harlot church was taken by the first christ that came, Satan, and she sat with Satan on his throne declaring in their mind that she truly was a queen, and not a widow. There was no sorrow in their mind, for those Christians truly thought they were with Jesus. They were taken by the wrong Christ, and now at Jesus coming in the second advent, each of them have become part of the enemy. Judas had repented before his death, but those Christians that have taken part in Satan's harlot church will not repent, because they think they have done nothing wrong. They do not have the seal or Word of God in their minds, and they simply cannot tell the true Christ from the false christ: The sixth trump from the seventh.

If you think that you can sleep in these end times spiritually, and follow your pastor and teacher in his rapture doctrine, and all the other tradition that are springing up, and still be in good graces with God, you are badly mistaken. God is going to pour out this cup of wrath double on your head. This wrath is going to be so terrible that Jesus is saying here in Luke 22:42, "If it's possible", if there is another way that we can bring in the second advent with out the cup of wrath and trembling poured out on this earth; then your will be done." It will be done God's way.

If you call yourself a Christian, God expects more for you, He expects you to get into His Word and prepare yourself for those things our generation will face. God told us of this cup of wrath in Isaiah 51:22.

Isaiah 51:22

"Thus saith they Lord the Lord, and thy God That pleadeth the cause of His People, "Behold, I have taken out of thine hand the cup of trembling, even the dregs of the cup of My fury; thou shalt no more drink it again."

Jesus is pleading for the cause of those people that remained true in this end generation. They were sealed with the truth, and did not bow to Satan. God is telling you that when this wrath of God hits this earth, never again with sister Babylon pass off any of those things mentioned in Revelation chapter eighteen. The cup goes into the Lord's hand, and He brings forth the wrath upon the earth. That is what we read about in Revelation 19:11-16, when Jesus comes as the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

Isaiah 51:23

"But I will put it into the hand of them that afflict thee; which have said to thy soul, `Bow down, that we may go over:' and thou hast laid thy body as the ground, and as the street, to them that went over."

When Jesus puts this cup of wrath, the cup of dregs into the hand of those that would not listen to His Word, He is through of offering salvation to those that would come to Him by faith. Jesus is coming with a rod of iron, and a cup of fury to pour out on the people of this earth. So Jesus was praying here to the Father; "Is there any other way than the way already set forth in this cup of wrath." Then He answers that question: It doesn't matter Lord, your will be done. You can count on it that the events of our day will come to pass just as they are recorded in His Word. Those that keep their fence up will be protected at that time. All those events of Luke 21 will take place and our generation will witness them.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

22 hours ago, n2thelight said:

The cup was and is talking about the cup of wrath.Christ knew what was to happen to Him,and yes He gave up His life,willingly,but we must know what the verse is talking about.

"And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" That is to say, "My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?"

Many christians read this and say God forsoke Christ,because He had to take on sin,when that is far far from the truth.Christ was teaching even as He hung

This phrase, "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani" is perfect Hebrew, except of the word "Eli", which is Aramic. Jesus spoke loud here, because He was teaching. Many teach in ignorance that this shows that Christ had taken on the sins of the world and He was a little dirty, how ignorant of the word.

Jesus was teaching and quoting David from the Psalm of the events that would transpire during the going to the cross, to His resurrection. Let's go to Psalm 22: for the words of Christ on the Cross that are given to us.

"My God My God, why hast thou forsaken Me? Why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?"

Jesus was quoting from the words of David, to teach those that were not spitting, and caring on like a pack of mad men. God is not forsake Jesus. When Jesus referred referred to the Father, He called Him Father, not God.

"O my God, I cry in the daytime, but Thou hearest not; And in the night season, and am not silent." David also when he was in his tribulations made this statement.

"Our fathers trusted in Thee: They trusted, and Thou didst deliver them." If you trust in these words, you also shall find delivery and salvation.

"They cried unto Thee, and were delivered: They trusted in Thee, and were not confounded." When they trusted in God, they were not confused, or disgraced.

But I am a worm, and no man; A reproach of me, and despised of the People." The Kenite scribes really messed this verse up. In the Massoretic Text, the word is ""tola", and means scarlet, crimson and scarlet. From the blood that He shed for the sins of the world, and the People despised Him for it, in ignorance.

All they that see me laugh me to scorn: They shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying," We Just covered this in verse [39].

He trusted on the Lord that He would deliver him: Let Him deliver Him, seeing He delighted in him." This is the mockery that was spoken in verse [43] by the chief priests and the elders of the People. The reason I told you to remember those words of the chief priests, is the Psalm 22:8, shows us that those words were placed in their mouths as a seal by the Spirit of the Living God. This seal allows us to know exactly that Jesus was the Messiah. For when those words are spoken, it identifies the Christ, as a fact.

"But Thou art he That took me out of the womb: Thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts."

"I was cast upon Thee from the womb: Thou art my God from my mothers belly." The statement of the prophecy that Christ truly came from the seed of David, and the root of the stem of Jessie, David's father.

There is none to help, while Christ hung on that cross; for every disciple had scattered and denied Jesus. Friend, this is God speaking to David a thousand years before Jesus hung on that cross.

The bulls of Bashan were know for their size and strength, This is a figure of speech, or idiom showing the power of the evil that came against Jesus. Even though Jesus could have called down thousands upon ten thousands of angels to protect Him, He did not. He suffered the cross alone. Friend, for your salvation to be, and the price to be paid, this prophecy had to be fulfilled.

You can see that massive crowd that cried with blood in their eyes, "Crucify Him, Crucify Him." It was like our Lord was thrown to these raving and roaring lions.

"I am poured out like water, And all my bones are out of joint: My heart is like was; It is melted in the midst of my bowels."

Christ's blood is being drained from him, as it poured from His hands and feed, and then the Roman soldier ran that spear into His side. The nails are pulling the bones of my hands out of their sockets.

"My strength is dried up like a potsherd; And my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; And Thou hast brought me into the dust of death."

A potsherd is an old piece of broken pottery laying dry in their heat of the sun. The "dust of the death" is the death of this flesh body.

"For dogs have compassed me: The assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: They pierced my hands and my feet.

The "dogs" are the enemy that has done this to me. Do you understand Christ is crying this form the cross, and it was written one thousand years before by David, and it came to pass exactly as God planned it to come upon Himself. Jesus knew what had to be done so that you could even have the chance to utter in shame, "forgive me Lord," in repentance.

This is why Jesus cryed out aloud, "Eli, Eli, lama, sabachthani?". Jesus is teaching as He cries out, "can you not see that I am teaching, as I hang here with these nail through my hands and my feet.

Here these same Romans that placed the Robe on Jesus and slapped Him, and spit upon Him, and drove that crown of thorns into His head, gambled for the very garments of Christ. How much proof does it take, to show you that all these events took place, even to thase that were against Christ, such as the religious leaders words, and the actions of the Roman soldiers. In the divine intervention where the sun would go dark at the noon hour, and reappear at three P.M.

"Darling" here should be translated soul, and "the dog" is Mine enemies. There is a time where we had better be concerned about our souls, rather then being so taken up by this flesh world.

"Save me from the Lion's mouth: For Thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns."

The "unicorn" is incorrect, in the Hebrew text it reads "wild ox". The horns are the powers of the wild ox. It should be, I will declare the powers of the wild ox..

"I Will declare Thy Name unto my brethren: In the midst of the congregation will I praise Thee."

This praised is declared in Hebrews 2:12-14, "Saying, "I will declare Thy Name unto My brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praises untoThee." [12] "And again,"I will put my trust in Him," And again, "Behold, I and the children which God hath given Me." [13] "Forasmuch Then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, He also Himself likewise took part of the same; That through death [crucifixion] He might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;" [14]

These verses were given before in reference to Matthew, and here we see that it also has reference to the prophecy of the future event.

"Ye that fear the Lord, praise Him; All ye the seed of Jacob, glorify Him; And fear Him, all ye the seed of Israel."

"For He hath not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; Neither hath He hid His face from him; But when he cried unto Him, He heard."

Don't let anyone tell you that God, even for one instant deserted His own Son, while He hung on the cross. When Jesus cried unto Him, the Father heard every word.

"My praise shall be of Thee in the great congregation: I will pay my vows before them that fear Him."

This great congregation is coming, when we all shall be gathered to him, at the sounding of the seventh trump. The whole congregation, of all races, and tongues.

"The meek shall eat and be satisfied: They shall praise the Lord that seek Him: Your heart shall live for ever."

When you eat of His word, and are satisfied, your mind can not help but praise Him, and you heart, or mind [soul] shall live for ever.

"All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the Lord: And all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before Thee."

We are at the end of the world age of the flesh, and many hearts are turning to the Lord from every nation. This is the start of the Millennium age, when every knee shall bow to Jesus Christ. This is also part of what Christ is teaching from the cross.

"All they that be fat upon earth shall eat and worship: All they that go down to the dust shall bow before Him: And none can keep alive his own soul."

You had better be in Christ, my friend, or your soul is going to die. These last two verses are written to the people that live in the time of the parable of the fig tree, it is written to you and I.

The generation here, is the generation living during the parable of the fig tree, when Israel is reestablished by both the good and bad figs. The Kenites, and the Judah.

"Thy shall come, and shall declare His righteousness unto a People that shall be born, That He hath done this."

They shall come and declare that Christ has done this, and it is finished. The price has been paid.

This is Christ's words from the cross, and it was written one thousand years before it came to pass, friend, just how much proof do you need before you can see that Jesus is the Christ and the redeemer of your soul.

Now back to the Cup

"Saying, "Father, if Thou be willing, remove this cup from Me: nevertheless not My will, but Thine, be done."

There is a lot of teachers these days that state that this is the cup of death, but that is not what Jesus is talking about. Jesus had just stated and quoted from Scripture exactly what He must do. He told us that He was ready and gladly willing to go to the cross. Now people say that Jesus feared His death and that this was the cup. Absolutely not! So what is the cup that is mentioned in God's Word? It is the cup of God's wrath. That cup of wrath comes at Jesus second advent, a time just ahead of us living in these end times.

In the end times the abundance of this one world systems delicacies are going to cause the world to fornicate with the merchants of this earth. Mystery Babylon, the mother of harlots [false religious systems] will be using these things of that Babylon system to draw the people of the world into that system. Satan will be the god over that system, and Our Heavenly Father is saying, "My People, come out of her."

"For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities."

For all the wickedness that is going on when Satan arrives here on earth, and his system religious order is in control of the earth. Many of God's children, calling themselves Christians will be part of that system and taking part in those sins that are reaching into heaven even today.

"Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double."

The cup is the wrath that God will bring down on this earth and it will come down hard of the heads of those that have taken part in the harlot church of the end times. They were so careless in these end times that would not prepare themselves for the time they were in. Here the Almighty Father is telling Jesus to fill that cup of wrath up to the full, and make that harlot church drink of all the wrath that shall come down upon her.

"How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, `I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow."

This harlot church was taken by the first christ that came, Satan, and she sat with Satan on his throne declaring in their mind that she truly was a queen, and not a widow. There was no sorrow in their mind, for those Christians truly thought they were with Jesus. They were taken by the wrong Christ, and now at Jesus coming in the second advent, each of them have become part of the enemy. Judas had repented before his death, but those Christians that have taken part in Satan's harlot church will not repent, because they think they have done nothing wrong. They do not have the seal or Word of God in their minds, and they simply cannot tell the true Christ from the false christ: The sixth trump from the seventh.

If you think that you can sleep in these end times spiritually, and follow your pastor and teacher in his rapture doctrine, and all the other tradition that are springing up, and still be in good graces with God, you are badly mistaken. God is going to pour out this cup of wrath double on your head. This wrath is going to be so terrible that Jesus is saying here in Luke 22:42, "If it's possible", if there is another way that we can bring in the second advent with out the cup of wrath and trembling poured out on this earth; then your will be done." It will be done God's way.

If you call yourself a Christian, God expects more for you, He expects you to get into His Word and prepare yourself for those things our generation will face. God told us of this cup of wrath in Isaiah 51:22.

"Thus saith they Lord the Lord, and thy God That pleadeth the cause of His People, "Behold, I have taken out of thine hand the cup of trembling, even the dregs of the cup of My fury; thou shalt no more drink it again."

Jesus is pleading for the cause of those people that remained true in this end generation. They were sealed with the truth, and did not bow to Satan. God is telling you that when this wrath of God hits this earth, never again with sister Babylon pass off any of those things mentioned in Revelation chapter eighteen. The cup goes into the Lord's hand, and He brings forth the wrath upon the earth. That is what we read about in Revelation 19:11-16, when Jesus comes as the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

"But I will put it into the hand of them that afflict thee; which have said to thy soul, `Bow down, that we may go over:' and thou hast laid thy body as the ground, and as the street, to them that went over."

When Jesus puts this cup of wrath, the cup of dregs into the hand of those that would not listen to His Word, He is through of offering salvation to those that would come to Him by faith. Jesus is coming with a rod of iron, and a cup of fury to pour out on the people of this earth. So Jesus was praying here to the Father; "Is there any other way than the way already set forth in this cup of wrath." Then He answers that question: It doesn't matter Lord, your will be done. You can count on it that the events of our day will come to pass just as they are recorded in His Word. Those that keep their fence up will be protected at that time. All those events of Luke 21 will take place and our generation will witness them.

Interesteing read but no actual substance to substanciate the claims therein.  Thanks for taking time to expound on your point of view.  You see the difficulty we face as believers is having the ability to open up the scriptures to others as Jesus did with the two on the road to Emmaus.  You have failed to show any proof of the connection of your definition of the cup and the scriptures.  I just let the text say what it does and leave it at that.  It seems to say that he asked for his life to be spared so it might be taken and death broken for all of us.  

On Monday, January 11, 2016 at 1:11 AM, gdemoss said:

Now back to the Cup