• Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 3/22/2016 at 10:09 AM, algots said:

And they did.

:emot-heartbeat:

And

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. John 14:12

They Still Do

Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give. Matthew 10:8

Even Buss

But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant. And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted. Matthew 23:11-12

Boys

Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me. Isaiah 6:8

:thumbsup:

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, FresnoJoe said:

:emot-heartbeat:

And

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. John 14:12

They Still Do

Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give. Matthew 10:8

Even Buss

But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant. And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted. Matthew 23:11-12

Boys

Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me. Isaiah 6:8

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

Love, Your Brother Joe

That was the reading last Sunday about the greatest among you should be the least and servant of all :)

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01

17 minutes ago, algots said:

No, the errand boy is the usage of Him to do what we direct Him to do. 
Telling that He has do our bidding makes Him our errand boy. 
I'm not calling Him that.

But those who tell Him to heal are.

:sherlock:

Beloved, Is Jesus Really Just Another Errand Boy Because We

Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise. Jeremiah 17:14

Would But Obey His Word

Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. James 5:14-15

And Ask

Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. James 5:16

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01

15 minutes ago, spiderman1917 said:

That was the reading last Sunday about the greatest among you should be the least and servant of all :)

Amen~!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, algots said:

So you take a last jab then say you're done. Really?

No, the errand boy is the usage of Him to do what we direct Him to do.  Telling that He has do our bidding makes Him our errand boy.  I'm not calling Him that. But those who tell Him to heal are.

There was no "jab." I was speaking the truth. I'm not telling Jesus to do anything, He told us to do something. So if anything we are doing His bidding.  I also PMed you at the exact same time soooo yeah....

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 3:40 PM, Willa said:

Back in the 70s I started clinging to the truth revealed by the Holy Spirit.  The rest of my Lutheran doctrine pretty much was forgotten.  Moreover, I have never looked for signs as some stamp of approval as to being an "apostle"or even a true Christian.  (Today's "sent out ones" are missionaries.  There were only 12 Apostles who were with Jesus from the beginning and witnessed His resurrection and ascension. )   I wan't sure if I even believed there is such a thing a divine healing.  God does not change.  He healed people in the old testament and the new. He still heals.  And if your child is very sick and medication is not helping, you will pray for him.  You may be holding him and rocking him at the time, or reading a rag book to him.  But you can't help but pray.  

I have to laugh at my Baptist friends who could only pray for God's grace for people.  Their own pastor would occasionally pray for the sick privately and miracles occurred.  But neither this pastor nor my present pastor make a side show of it.  They do so in private with no fanfare.  Occasionally new people would complain that healing weren't happening in our church.  Very few people know.  Sometimes even the pastors don't learn the results till later.  Now, there is nothing wrong with asking for God's grace to endure.   But no where in the Bible does it tell us not to pray for the sick.  

I am just as wary as you about the people who would have people come up on a stage and yell at them to be healed, pushing them over as they did.  Anyone who does so seems to be seeking the glory for himself.  When God does the healing most of those who pray are just astounded and humbled by what has occurred, knowing they had very little to do with it.

Mt. 8:16b-17  And He cast out the spirits with a word, and healed all who were sick, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying :  "He Himself took our infirmities and bore our sicknesses."  (Isaiah 53:4) NKJV

It is just like sharing the Gospel with people.  We do it out of love of the people and obedience to God.  Whether they receive Christ is somewhat up the them but mostly up to God.  They can pridefully resist the grace of God, or they can receive it with humble hearts and thanksgiving.  But I don't tell anyone it is a persons lack of faith that kept them from being healed.  Even faith is a gift from God according to Eph. 2.  And we never know who God will give that faith to.  It might be the person praying or someone else in the room.   If the person is suffering greatly he may have little faith but is just trying to survive the pain.  it is nothing but a heartless cruel lie to tell someone whose child has just died that he didn't have enough faith.

Psm 103:2-4 NKJV  Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:  Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases, Who redeems your life from destruction, Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies, 

EX 15:26  For I am the LORD (YHWH) Who heals you.

3 Jn 1:2 Beloved, I PRAY that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.  (This is not a promise--it is a prayer.)

James 5:13-16  Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray--.  14. Is anyone among you sick?  Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.  And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up---(Note that in this case it is the pastor who does the praying who must have faith.)-  16.  Confess your trespasses to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed.  The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.  

Eph 6:18  Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints---

I am not a "healer".  I am an intercessor.  But I often pray for peoples' salvation, for the blindness to be removed and their ears opened, so they can trust Jesus to be their Lord and Savior.  And I often pray for the sick.  Sometimes I pray for people over the phone.  Sometimes in private and sometimes enjoining with my husband, as God reminds us of needs of family and friends.

blessings,

Willa

and you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free... :thumbsup: 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

so what IS the 'prayer of faith' that saves the sick?

well, what is faith if it's not belief in God's word in spite of all reports to the contrary?

so before you can pray the prayer of faith that saves the sick, you need to know what God's word says about healing; and you have to set your heart to believe God's word on healing above all other reports - no matter what grandma's experience was, or what you heard a preacher say from the pulpit, or what the medical industry says, or what your own body is 'telling' you.

God's word says that by the stripes of Jesus we are/were healed - so is the prayer of faith one in which we plead with God to do something more than taking those stripes as Jesus?  

God's word says that we are to speak to our mountains about God and that those mountains will obey us if we believe in our hearts and not doubt - so is the prayer of faith one in which we update God about our mountains and ask HIM to take further action?

and for those who require 'scientific proof'; can your faith be in God's word if you require agreement from man?

Father God, thank you for the great love You have for the sick!  thank You that Your word clearly says that sickness is part of the curse of the law, and that as reborn believers, we are free of the curse of the law because Jesus took that curse for us!  thank You that even if we don't understand how Jesus taking a brutal whipping in our place healed us, that we can Trust Your faithfulness that this is Truth!  Lord, we yield to Your instructions and speak to our mountains of sickness; we speak to sickness directly and rebuke it as You did as Jesus, and we curse the sickness in our bodies and command sickness to die from the roots up as You did the fig tree.  Lord, we yield to Your instructions and speak to our mountains of disability, and command our bodies to receive the wholeness that You as Jesus paid for so dearly!  and we resolve to not be moved by any other report - whether it be experience (our own or others'), or reports from the medical industry, or even the report of our own bodies - and we know that if we continue in believing to see Your goodness in the land of the living by meditating on Your words rather than all the reports to the contrary, that we will NOT faint from faith in Your words of life and health and blessing, and we will eventually see the healing and restoration that You have promised come to pass!  thank You Father God that this is the victory that overcomes our world - even our faith in YOU!

• Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Blam. Exactly.